Why did we end up in a world that dj's are more important than producers?

Ormion

To all the djs here: DON'T BE INSULTED!!!

But...

Is the producer that writes the music. Is the producer that creates music out from nowhere. Is the producer's tracks that you're dancing at.

But in the dance scene today from house to psy, djs seem to be more important.

Why????? :unsure::blink:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the djs here: DON'T BE INSULTED!!!

But...

Is the producer that writes the music. Is the producer that creates music out from nowhere. Is the producer's tracks that you're dancing at.

But in the dance scene today from house to psy, djs seem to be more important.

Why????? :unsure::blink:

Im a dj, and I think the producer is the most important... :) He has to be, no? Logical... oh wait, I am also a producer, thats prolly why I totally fully agree with you ahaha, good point mate :)

You :) Its a very Dj Focused scene... or maybe somethings have changed lately (the last 6 months)? =) Care to elaborate? :)

I have all respect in the world for the artists/producer putting a lot of time and effort into making great music for all of us, and in many cases some artists doesn't get as much respect as they deserve.

BUT - where some experienced, high quality, internationally respected DJ's might have problems even getting a decent fee for a gig abroad, I see loads and loads of new Israeli liveacts touring Brazil and Japan after a couple of tracks released on some mediocre compilations. Try to compare it with the house-scene, where you will see a much bigger focus on DJ's.

I'm not saying that the house-scene is what we should strive for, and I am not complaining - things are the way they are, but saying that DJ's are more important than producers in todays psytrance scene is simply false.

I have all respect in the world for the artists/producer putting a lot of time and effort into making great music for all of us, and in many cases some artists doesn't get as much respect as they deserve.

BUT - where some experienced, high quality, internationally respected DJ's might have problems even getting a decent fee for a gig abroad, I see loads and loads of new Israeli liveacts touring Brazil and Japan after a couple of tracks released on some mediocre compilations. Try to compare it with the house-scene, where you will see a much bigger focus on DJ's.

I'm not saying that the house-scene is what we should strive for, and I am not complaining - things are the way they are, but saying that DJ's are more important than producers in todays psytrance scene is simply false.

I agree 100%!

Agree with Profane as well. I'd take a good, planned dj set over a so called live set. How many djs do you know in the scene that are only djs? I can probably count on my both hands. Peter Digital, Dimitry (well he produces as well a bit), Krell, Basilisk or Profane (yes, he's pretty good)

Look on any Festival line up and you'll see mostly live sets or live sets + dj sets by the artists (most of them don't know shit about mixing properly) and tell me sincerely that Dj's appear more important in the psy scene.

Agree with Profane as well. I'd take a good, planned dj set over a so called live set. How many djs do you know in the scene that are only djs? I can probably count on my both hands. Peter Digital, Dimitry (well he produces as well a bit), Krell, Basilisk or Profane (yes, he's pretty good)

Look on any Festival line up and you'll see mostly live sets or live sets + dj sets by the artists (most of them don't know shit about mixing properly) and tell me sincerely that Dj's appear more important in the psy scene.

If you put it that way, and the way pr0fane put it, I have to agree as well :)

*high five*

I never understood how some DJs get so much money for a set. FFS they're just playing music others created. It's not that hard to beat mix or whatevargh.. creating music, now that's another story.

Its not what you play, its HOW you play it... How you read the crowd... I mean, its pretty fair that a dj that attracts 50.000 people to come should get at least some good money for paying, right?

I never understood how some DJs get so much money for a set. FFS they're just playing music others created. It's not that hard to beat mix or whatevargh.. creating music, now that's another story.

Exactly!

Its not what you play, its HOW you play it... How you read the crowd... I mean, its pretty fair that a dj that attracts 50.000 people to come should get at least some good money for paying, right?

I smell envy!

What DJ's are you referring to? In fact, the most highly paid DJ's in our scene are also producers.

That's true but in a party with 50.000 ppl the 70% of them are there because of the dj's popularity.

When a famous superstar djs like Digweed or Tiesto comes in Greece everybody wnats to go to his gig but only a 30% knows what kinfd of music he plays.

And I don't think that this happens only here.

That's true but in a party with 50.000 ppl the 70% of them are there because of the dj's popularity.

When a famous superstar djs like Digweed or Tiesto comes in Greece everybody wnats to go to his gig but only a 30% knows what kinfd of music he plays.

Not only is Digweed a world-class DJ, he is also an excellent producer...

Not only is Digweed a world-class DJ, he is also an excellent producer...

Do you really believe that his so famous because he's a good producer?

About the word ''excellent''.... never mind

If Digweed comes to Spain, Holland, whatever, 90% go because they know that its going to be killer in my experience.... so I think it might just be where you live..

@pr0fane, and yeah, hes one hell of a producer as well...

whatever happened to Dj Nukem by the way? Kick ass producer and Dj :(

Do you really believe that his so famous because he's a good producer?

About the word ''excellent''.... never mind

Hey hey now, yeah I think hes famous beacuse of his producing skills, as well as being one hell of a good dj. And lets not get taste involved here, and start to say that we do not think that someone is excellent cause we do not like the music that much, lets talk about factual things like if he is indeed a good producer without involving taste... no?

Would you feel well if in one of your gigs 90% of the ppl came because they believe that it's going to be a killer without even know first what kind of music you're playing?

Hey hey now, yeah I think hes famous beacuse of his producing skills, as well as being one hell of a good dj. And lets not get taste involved here, and start to say that we do not think that someone is excellent cause we do not like the music that much, lets talk about factual things like if he is indeed a good producer without involving taste... no?

Chill out man :D True I don't like Digweed's music so for me he's not an excellent producer simple as that. The end. :)