Essential GOA

StraydoG

Im looking at basically anything I can get which wont cost the world. CDs and artists which you guys still refer to today and made GOA what it was.

From this year theres the "Transwave - Backfire" & "Dimension 5 - Transdimensional". I saw from 2005 I think "GMS - Chaos Laboratory" and 2006 "Best of X-Dream '91-'01"

From looking through eBay I saw Im still able to pick up old CDs from Astral Project, is there any title you would recommend over the others? From a quick browse around I noticed alot of names and CDs that are at fairly good prices and am looking forward to picking up but any recommendations of artists/CDs would be greatly appreciated as Im still new to the GOA area and it blows me away how brilliant it is yet is rarely made now-a-days. It would be great if from comps like Twist Dreams they realise there is still a big following and more is produced like Filterias last release. Also reminds me I have to pick up Cosmosis as I heard that has the old style in there. Thanks in advance for any help. Now if only I could find regular trance that wasnt so gay.

Nice to hear, man, you are into goa trance. :)

The best way to discover the music is compilations series

such as Tantrance, Pulse, Goa Head, Destination Goa etc.

This may help you to know more about the artists and their stuff. :)

You can also search for some artists' albums.

I would recommend these goodies:

Blue Planet Corporation - Blue Planet

Etnica - Alien Protein

Man With No Name - Moment Of Thruth

Prana - Cyclone

Ra - To Sirius

Albums listed above are just some of the gems.

Also reminds me I have to pick up Cosmosis as I heard that has the old style in there.

Then hurry over to Wirikuta, they've got Cosmosis - Contact still available and even for special price :)

You can find a few other old classics there as well, just look around...

Asia 2001 rereleased a best of compilation in 2005 named ASIA2001- amnesia. It shouldn't be too hard too find i think.

Check out Ebay.

Top CD, it's my fav. goa trance CD.

Don't buy his old albums, they are alot more expensive nowadays, and the quality + composition is not as good as on amnesia.

ASia2001 not only rereleased his music, but also rearranged the composition, deleted bad sounds and replaced them with new synths.

I don't know if you ever heard of the art of trance - octopus and the man with no name remix. It's a simular difference.

another good goatrance CD, i think released in 2001, is RA- to sirius, it's a personal project of a member from Dimension5.

Now if only I could find regular trance that wasnt so gay.

you poor soul....

here are a few tips:(here we go again, i think i've posted these 20 times the past 3 years)

(these are not commercial trance artist, and their sound is more like goatrance then like +2000 trance)

art of trance

Cosmic baby

Future sound of london

Rabbit in the moon (

)

Humate

paragliders

Union Jack cactus

State of house

P.O.S

terra ferma

lost tribe (gamemaster really good track

westbam (

Jam & spoon

visions of shiva ( Paul van Dyk & Cosmic baby)

Emmanuel Top

Salt tank

ascension

dance 2 trance

Banco de gaia

Drax Tld. II

Three Drives

Solar Quest

Chi A.D. ( oh a goatrance artist???? yes and no, i have 4 tracks of chi ad on trance labels, even some of his CD's are more trance then goa)

I know a little from reading around on here and the few comps I do have:

Retrodelic Vibes 1,2&3.

World of GOA 1,2,3&4

Best of Destination GOA

Hey Daniël. All my trance is mainly from late 90s to early 00s.

terra ferma - the adventures of... & keep moving which I have on on of my Gatecrasher CDs, those blew me away. Along with P.O.S. & Art of Trance & Union Jack etc I got a comp best of Platipus, good stuff.

I actually have a fair amount of trance, just its hard to find new releases. Armins State of Trance CDs are alright but not as moving as the older stuff. Ill check out some of those names later on, some I already know and are great.

Guess thats why I enjoy more full on and cheezy psy trance as Im inbetween genres. Cosmic Tone - Singlarity to me is great stuff but most here wouldnt really be into it as much. Although I still like more traditional stuff like MFG, ALT CTRL & Space Buddha. Even SA psy trance. Hard trance is even harder to find yet, also good DnB and breaks.

Asia 2001 rereleased a best of compilation in 2005 named ASIA2001- amnesia. It shouldn't be too hard too find i think.

Check out Ebay.

Don't buy his old albums, they are alot more expensive nowadays, and the quality + composition is not as good as on amnesia.

ASia2001 not only rereleased his music, but also rearranged the composition, deleted bad sounds and replaced them with new synths.

I don't know if you ever heard of the art of trance - octopus and the man with no name remix. It's a simular difference.

another good goatrance CD, i think released in 2001, is RA- to sirius, it's a personal project of a member from Dimension5.

you poor soul....

here are a few tips:(here we go again, i think i've posted these 20 times the past 3 years)

(these are not commercial trance artist, and their sound is more like goatrance then like +2000 trance)

art of trance

Cosmic baby

Future sound of london

Rabbit in the moon (

)

Humate

paragliders

Union Jack cactus

State of house

P.O.S

terra ferma

westbam (

Jam & spoon

Emmanuel Top

Salt tank

ascension

dance 2 trance

Banco de gaia

Drax Tld. II

Three Drives

Solar Quest

Chi A.D. ( oh a goatrance artist???? yes and no, i have 4 tracks of chi ad on trance labels, even some of his CD's are more trance then goa)

+1 Theres some great dream trance out there.

Hey Daniël. All my trance is mainly from late 90s to early 00s.

terra ferma - the adventures of... & keep moving which I have on on of my Gatecrasher CDs, those blew me away. Along with P.O.S. & Art of Trance & Union Jack etc I got a comp best of Platipus, good stuff.

I actually have a fair amount of trance, just its hard to find new releases. Armins State of Trance CDs are alright but not as moving as the older stuff. Ill check out some of those names later on, some I already know and are great.

Don't bother searching for good trance released after 2002, imo, it completely broke down from 99 till 2002. Still a few good released in that period. BUt System F - out of the blue was the last highlight of the era.

I have the 6 first releases from platipus, for years i always said they were the best the scene had to offer but later on i discovered there is WAY better then this. Or myabe i jsut grew tired of platipus. The soundquality is pretty mediocre on the first releases, and platipus 5 is allready 99 i think.

I'd say, if you really want to buy a CD that won't disappoint you, go fo the ealy Humate albums and state of house. I have all albums of those 2 artists and they are better then any platipus release imo.

Hard trance is even harder to find yet, also good DnB and breaks.

you want me to spam a list???? you name it!! i spam it!!!

Got alot of hardtrance too you know.

or hardcore??(early stuff, ravy happy euphoria )

or rave???

Spam away! The little Hard Trance/Dance I do have it like K90, Steve Hill, Technikal, Masif DJ's stuff like that. Rave I never found out about but would love to get into aswell.

If you download music, search of Blue Blazes - Maximum Tune. Sound track from a game but I just want to see if thats your style at all. Hard when none of my friends like trance.

Check out Ebay.

you poor soul....

art of trance

Cosmic baby

Future sound of london

Rabbit in the moon (

)

Humate

paragliders

Union Jack cactus

State of house

P.O.S

terra ferma

westbam (

Jam & spoon

Emmanuel Top

Salt tank

ascension

dance 2 trance

Banco de gaia

Drax Tld. II

Three Drives

Solar Quest

some new names thanx...