Sneaky Remixes

Basilisk

I just realized that Azax Syndrom's Cognetive Insident is a cover of Quirk's Cognitive Dissidents, originally released in 1996. Are there any other sneaky uncredited remixes like this floating around these days?

Of course, this is nothing new. A good example from the old school era: California Sunshine's Coming Home is a revision of Indoor's Sweet Coming Home. What most people don't know is that Indoor was covered Blue Planet Corporation's Midian! Yahel also did the same with The Muses Rapt once upon a time. There was also an incident involving Logic Bomb's Neighbour Of The Beast and X-Dream's Panic In Paradise, but that may have been more of a tribute (or a coincidence). What others can you think of?

I found out about the BPC track as well... When I listened the vinyl it was like "hey... I know this melody" :)

- one of the SFX tracks on the album has the EXACT same melody as Energy 52's Café Del Mar

- I think Pop Stream (not sure) has ripped the exact melody of Capella's most famous track (89-90 or so) which I don't know the name of... but the melody I do!

- Ka Sol's White Magic is a cover of a heavy/death metal track (I have know idea which one tho... Some people might recognise it tho)

Wrecked Machines did a track called Trancespoting, which is basically his version of Underworld's Born Slippy. And Fungus Funk did a track called Trancefields, which is basically his version of Prodigy's Mindfields.

Wrecked Machines did a track called Trancespoting, which is basically their version of Underworld's Born Slippy. And Fungus Funk did a track called Trancefields, which is basically his version of Prodigy's Mindfields.

Someone else did a remix of Prodigy Mindfields.....I used to be really cheesy and mix the fungus funk track with this other i can't think of at the moment.... :lol:

Matenda - Orphean uses the same key and also a very suggestive similar melody as Robert Miles - Children...

Even the song title is a play of words directed at the Robert Miles tune ... an orphean can only be a child.

Intelligent. :)