Label: Noize Conspiracy Records

Release: May, 2007

Track Listing:

01. 7’57” Abomination – Revelations

02. 8’14” Digital Talk – The Keeper

03. 7’55” Delysid – League of Shadows

04. 7’53” Seroxat – Dark Days

05. 8’16” Phatmatix – Mind Manipulation

06. 7’31” Azax Syndrom – Replica (Abomination Rmx)

07. 7’19” Fungus Funk - Noise Waveform

08. 6’52” Frozen Ghost vs. Hiyarant – Lockdown

09. 7’34” Wicca – California Nightmare

Looking at this release, I love everything about it. The cover art is spectacular with the vibrant colors and the spooky, forked tongue blue and black-eyed face. The artists are a who’s who is banging night-time psytrance. And lastly, the label is gaining a reputation for high quality releases. Anyone who has read my reviews knows that I am a big fan of most of these artists. So let’s get to it!

Abomination – Revelations- You know I loves me some Abomination! Bam, right off the bat with a guitar type lead into a galloping bass line. The metallic lead weaves its way above the bass as it gets turned and twisted. The melody at the end is full and thick and I am in serious groove mode. Great track!

Digital Talk – The Keeper- Nice to see Julien and Luc back at it as this is their 3rd release this year. Each of those has been spot on so they are moving in the right direction. Dark beginnings as you can feel something lurking in the shadows. Lasers pop from left and right keeping me on my toes. See that? That is my ass wiggling. The break allows for a re-set but flows silky smooth. Great track for keeping the butts moving!

Delysid – League of Shadows- Yes I know I didn’t like their debut Noize Infection but I have found their compilation work to be stronger. Besides, it’s the title track, so it has to be good. Right? The bass line scrambles ahead as lazy leads give pursuit. The metallic lead is all over the place, as the strings replace it after the break. When the track is near the end, the leads are intertwined and create a funky mix. Good track.

Seroxat – Dark Days- I don’t know what to make of this act. Is he dark, or light with dark energy? The bass line rumbles like a machine gun and I’m caught up in the spooky melody. The track is really catchy, but the female voice speaking is slightly cheesy. Good track!

Phatmatix – Mind Manipulation- I think Stephane should be called King Midas as everything he produces turns to gold. He continues here with an outright smasher. With a heavy kick and a bass line with purpose, he assaults the ears with unrelenting lasers. A low pitched lead is filtered to death as another synth washes across your consciousness. The break brings a new melody with just as much tension as a screeching lead takes you as far as you can stand. Outstanding! :posford:

Azax Syndrom – Replica (Abomination Rmx)- This is a remake of Regev’s 2005 track by the Abomination crew. The original was good in its own right but I like this version better. The lead is whip like as it…holy shit I just saw someone set the record by eating 21 lbs. of grits? 21lbs?!? That’s like eating a 2 year old! Anyway, this one is non-stop, giving no rest to your ears. The leads are plenty and there isn’t a dull moment. Great track!

Fungus Funk - Noise Waveform- So far, nothing this project has done has bowled me over but don’t think I hate Russia. I felt bad when Chernobyl happened but was also glad that we had Matthew Broderick there investigating earthworm health. And I plan to see the Russian gangster movie Eastern Promises. So cut me some slack ya Lenin sympathizers. I did like it when Billy Joel went to Russia. That was pretty cool back in the day. This track has a simple bass line and metallic sounds that are almost to the point of being unlistenable. So far Mr. Funk is 100% in getting me to not want to hear his music. :wank:

Frozen Ghost vs. Hiyarant – Lockdown- “You’re acting like a pack of rabid dogs!” Mr. Ghost’s new album Edible Technique is out now and I can’t wait to hear it. He teams up with Hiyarant (who also has an album to come out in the near future) and begins with a soft bass line. There is a post-apocalyptic feel here with the sounds and I’m digging it! You can hear that distinct FG lead as the break arrives. There are lasers aplenty in a barrage that attacks above the crisp bass. Awesome track! :posford:

Wicca – California Nightmare- This one start of with a “California Dreaming” sample and then descends into darkness. There are plenty of moaning women sounds as well as the customary dark leads and simple bass line. There are some nice strings in this track which give it a very spooky quality. I usually stay away from Dark Psy but this was rather enjoyable. Good track!

Summary: I really enjoyed this compilation. The tracks were full of heavy beats and great melodies. You can see the latter portion of this disc heads in the dark direction, but the mood throughout is dark. If you’re looking for uplifting trance, keep walking. Aside from 1 track the ride was great. I will continue to keep my eye on this label as I hope for more good offerings in the future. 8.5/10.

Mdk