PAR-2 Special For Psynews Members Only

Jikkenteki

Since Psynews has been a great source of support for PAR-2 Productions, we are having a little special for Psynews.org members only. Until Oct 31st, Psynews.org members can purchase any PAR-2 Productions release (VA - A Walk Through Neptune's Garden, Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home, VA - Mainspring Motion ) for only $6, including shipping and handling anywhere. Unfortunately I can only accept payment via paypal at the moment, but for those interested please PM me here. :posford:

Best,

Jikkenteki and PAR-2 Productions

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Goa Trancer: Mailed your cds this morning ;)

No other takers? :(

Thanks, I'm looking forward to them.

Perhaps alot of people in the forum already bought them so you don't have many demand...

Perhaps alot of people in the forum already bought them so you don't have many demand...

Ah if only that were true. I think a lot of people would be shocked at the real number of sales.

Anywho, PM's have been responded too, thanks for the support. :)

Or like me they went and listened to samples and didn't like most of it. There was a couple of tracks that I did enjoy and I am still contemplating if I should get that CD. 6$ is a great price but still too much for just a couple tracks :) People should really go listen to samples and if they like buy these cds, when was the last time you saw music you like at that price? It might be worth it just for CD art :)

Or like me they went and listened to samples and didn't like most of it. There was a couple of tracks that I did enjoy and I am still contemplating if I should get that CD. 6$ is a great price but still too much for just a couple tracks :) People should really go listen to samples and if they like buy these cds, when was the last time you saw music you like at that price? It might be worth it just for CD art :)

I listened to The Long Walk Home and I found it absolutely good (no publicity intended). I indeed didn't find A Walk Through Neptunes Garden overwhelming. BUT, when someone makes such an effort with the price, I think that it's worth it even for only 2 good tracks. There also is the eternal problem of basing a judgement on samples (of course if you disliked everything, then don't buy it)...

Not everyday someone comes toward you like that.

I've listened to long long samples over the internet & not liked a thing, not bought it (obviously) then come across the CD later cheap bought it & loved it sooooo much!

Never trust samples anymore!

Sammyhkhan, no-nonsense and Blaze, your cds were sent out today.

Regarding the samples issue, I'd like to think that a quick listen to the samples doesn't give you the whole picture as we design our releases to be ones that grow on the listener, rather than just having a couple instant gradification tracks that are forgotten after a couple of months. We kind of model our compilations in the old Matsuri fashion where there is a mix of stuff that flow well as a story but are not bound by any particular subgenre. Therefore any particular listener should find a couple of tracks that speak to them right away and the rest grow on them and introduction them to something they might not have listened to otherwise. As a listener I am pretty sick of one dimensional compilations and thus compile our release to NOT follow that format. Of course taste is taste so your mileage will vary. :rolleyes: