02. 7’05†Phonic Request vs. Principles of Flight – French Mad Cook

03. 7’59†Abomination vs. Outer Signal – The Trooper

04. 7’29†Noisy Pipes – Chox

05. 6’50†Atyss – T Virus

06. 9’12†Triskell – Yasse

07. 8’08†Digital Talk – Building Senses

08. 7’20†Deeper In Zen – Awareness

09. 7’53†Aodioboa – Mounpiersz

Sonic Motion Records from France brings us Motion Sensor compiled by Atyss. He is an artist that also runs the label. That’s all I’ve got. Once again I was snookered by the cover. Pretty ain’t it? I chose this one to review because a few acts I fancy are in it obviously. Did I mention the cover was pretty? I’ll be honest here, I got a pizza coming in about 20 minutes, so I’m more about the pepperoni than the music right now. I’ll be back later to give you the scoop on this pretty compilation. Let’s get to it…after pizza.

Atyss – Epsilon- This track has a full on bass line and various psy sounds which create a very modern feel. The break at 2’30†is nice with a staggering lead and eerie strings. It bounces along nicely, but it is a short track so I can’t say a whole lot about it. Nice start though.

Phonic Request vs. Principles of Flight – French Mad Cook- This makes me think of the movie Ratatouille. Didya see that one? Cute. Wilfried has put out a bunch of tracks and POF released an album Night Time Lullabies that I haven’t heard yet. I wasn’t too impressed with this one. There isn’t a whole lot going on and sounds like average full-on to me.

Abomination vs. Outer Signal – The Trooper- I likes me some Abomination and tracks from Outer Signal have caught my attention. It begins with a sharp bass line and a gloomy atmosphere. The acid comes in amid rising strings right to the break. It’s a short break as we are rising again and the lead melody afterward is nice and dirty. I feel it could’ve had more power but a very good track nonetheless.

Noisy Pipes – Chox- I believe this is a dark psy artist and anyone who has a track titled â€Noisy Creepy Crap†is ok in my book! The bass line is hard and the mood is assuredly dark, like walking through a haunted house. A metallic lead enters late and shuffles along with the creepy vibe. And that’s pretty much how it goes. Good track!

Atyss – T Virus- “Nothing…ever…changes.†Mr Atyss again, with some thick leads just before a bass line rambles in. With various percussive elements and slight synths this thing slams! I love the sample and some creepy child talking about experiments. I’m sure I’ve seen the movie but they tend to run together after awhile. This guy brings some acid of his own to create a nice, dark groove. Nice work!

Triskell – Yasse- I was a little late on the Triskell train but I’m all aboard now. This one starts with a “alone†type feeling, having a ringing gong. It’s not long until the bass comes in and a funky lead dances about the track. The break has some nice percussive touches that continue. As the track progresses, sounds melt together in a wonderful cacophony of sound! Outstanding track with plenty of atmosphere and danceability! :posford:

Digital Talk – Building Senses- “We have made in secret several technological advances.†I like a lot of other folks have been waiting for their 2nd album with great anticipation. Still waiting. The bass line creates a funky groove with a short chirpy lead. As more leads join the fray, the funkometer is off the charts! If this is the direction that their music is going sign me up! This is a ripping tack! :clapping:

Deeper In Zen – Awareness- I recently reviewed their latest effort Silence and this one wastes no time with the rhythm. Industrial pads sound ominously against the shuffling bass line. The dark mood is maintained as the melancholy melody weaves amidst laser shots. This is another cracker of a track. This comp sure has built up some powerful momentum. See that…that’s half the pizza uneaten.

Aodioboa – Mounpiersz- Ok right of the bat this is a grammatical mess. I have no idea how to pronounce the artist or the tack. This one starts off quite mellow with synth pads and an underlying percussive beat. The sting melody comes from far away and is haunting as is the pipe lead. This is a dark Downtempo track that is very tasty and a nice way to end.

Summary: Wow, I am very impressed with this compilation. It is dark but not mindlessly so. There are plenty of melodies here to enjoy, but that sense of isolation is maintained throughout the tracks. There have been quite a lot of releases as of late that just go through the motions, but this is not one of them. The tracks are all well produced and go deeper than the 4/4 kick and bass line with the hi-hats on the 2 beat. This collection entranced me, so much so that I have to put the pizza back in the oven. I swear the guy who brought me this mess took a slice. 8.5/10

Mdk