beatport.com

sammyhkhan

Well my first experience was and remains crap!

I bought and downloaded Symphonix's Music Prostitute to find that two of the tracks were incomplete in addition to a couple of glitches here and there in some of the other tracks. 48 hours later after having e-mailed their support team, I still have not heard a single word from them. Damn, I was planning on buying another couple of albums, but after this experience I probably never will use their service ever again...

Similar or opposite experiences anyone?

Maybe I should just e-mail Blue Tunes instead?

Well my first experience was and remains crap!

I bought and downloaded Symphonix's Music Prostitute to find that two of the tracks were incomplete in addition to a couple of glitches here and there in some of the other tracks. 48 hours later after having e-mailed their support team, I still have not heard a single word from them. Damn, I was planning on buying another couple of albums, but after this experience I probably never will use their service ever again...

Similar or opposite experiences anyone?

Maybe I should just e-mail Blue Tunes instead?

I've heard of a few instances of this happening... apparently half the time it takes them ages and half the time they blame the producer.

I had this happen 2 or 3 times with tracks in the 3+ years I've used the place, and every time they fixed it or gave me a refund/credit within a couple days of me contacting customer service. So I can't personally say that I've experienced anything bad with the place. But I've heard of other people having a far worse time getting a response. Unfortunately, I think their customer service might be one of those things that just depends on which way the wind is blowing or how many chickens you sacrificed to Cthulu in the last week.

Don't forget that a problematic file can always be originated from the artist or the label.

Yeah, it's amazing how many labels don't even do quality control on the files they send. :blink: The first time I had a problem with one of their files (something from Electrofly Records), they checked the original file, said it was a problem with whatever the label had sent them, then just immediately gave me a credit since they didn't want to make me wait for the label to send them a proper file. Fair enough!

I only have good experiences with beatport. I have also bought a few tracks there that turned out to be unmastered versions, but that was clearly mistakes by the labels.

Also, one of my friends recently lost his harddrive with all his music. After a short mail-correspondence they gave him access to re-download ALL the tracks he had previously bought, free of charge. Now that's what I call great service :)

I've only been ordering from beatport for a few months, but I haven't had any problems whatsoever. I'm sorry to those who have had problems. I just hope it never happens to me. *Crosses fingers*

They refunded the $$ for the track, but it turned out that another track also was missing all together. WTF, now I have got a half album. YAY!

Anyway, personally, I am never ever using beatport.com again, which is a shame. I trust all of the good exeriences that so many of you seem to have had, but this first experience of mine has really put me off. I need some time to recover and reconsider...