Age of Love

Goa Bill

A week ago Simon Posford put this classic tune (The Jam & Spoon remix) in the middle of his dj set and the crowd went wild. Am i the only one around that thinks that the importance of this tune in forming Trance and Goa Trance music was slightly overlooked?

Here's the tune if you don't remember or too young to know.

Discuss...

I think he played this tune during his Shpongle DJ set in Finland a while back :unsure:

Actually right in between Shpongle DJ and Hallucinogen Live :posford:

He played it in the end of the Shpongle Dj set. It was much better than a Shpongle live i think cause he could play lots of non Shpongle material like the new Younger Brother and Hallucinogen

Yeah, it's a classic all right. Other songs that I consider to be proto-goa are The Visions Of Shiva' "Perfect Day" and "How Much Can You Take (Physical)"

Imo trance was great in the mid nineties with labels like Rising High, etc... then it turned into cheese.

Yeah, it's a classic all right. Other songs that I consider to be proto-goa are The Visions Of Shiva' "Perfect Day" and "How Much Can You Take (Physical)"

Imo trance was great in the mid nineties with labels like Rising High, etc... then it turned into cheese.

You mean into boring sounding. *grin*

A week ago Simon Posford put this classic tune (The Jam & Spoon remix) in the middle of his dj set and the crowd went wild. Am i the only one around that thinks that the importance of this tune in forming Trance and Goa Trance music was slightly overlooked?

Discuss...

overlooked?

what are you talking about?

THis tune was one of the first major trance hits that could be heard on every radio, TV, cassetteplayer etc etc in the 90's.

I think i have the original twice, one single release and one on a compilation.

ANd maybe 6-7 remixes on other CD's.

and that's only in my CD collection.

so..... overlooked?

Discuss...

overlooked?

THis tune was one of the first major trance hits that could be heard on every radio, TV, cassetteplayer etc etc in the 90's.

so..... overlooked?

not overlooked at all :rolleyes:

it's a classic. Love Parade anyone?

Pavel: Did he play some sort of Hallucinogenic mix of it or what did he do? Please tell.

I've never thought of it before, but this track sure has it's Simon potensials !

:posford:

Discuss...

Hey! I own that tune! It's on some Ibiza compilation CD that I bought back in the times as I was a trancehead. I liked it and still do like it. In fact that's my travel tune ... I always listen to it while packing my backpack :)

Never knew it had any impact on the scene though :huh:

Great track thx for introducing me

lol? you never heard this track??? I didn't knew people like you still existed.

other "overlooked" songs with great influence(IMO):

Rabbit In The Moon aka T.confusius & monk (

)

FSOL - papua new guinea (

the aztex mystic 5DJ rolando) - knight of the jaguar youtube

Humate - love simulation(

dance 2 trance -We came in peace (1990!!!) couldn't find original but here is remix (youtube)

etc

etc

i'm bored of searching....too bad i can't just post my CD collection, those names are a few of my babies. and youtube soundquality sucks. They deserve better.

oh yeah, a REALLY overlooked but great artist is State of house.

History just ingored them while their quality and songs are pretty good for 1993.

discogs link

No youtube video :( , such great music, nobody knows it.... it's weird....

Discuss...

being a privledged know-it-all must be hard

anyways if you like this check out the classics of superstition compilations (1 and 2)

overlooked?

so..... overlooked?

Overlooked in the sense of it's influence on the Goa Trance/Psy Trance

overlooked?

so..... overlooked?

overlooked?

so..... overlooked?

how the fuck did you manage to pull this one, posting two posts in one minute and doing so 2 minutes in a row :ph34r:

edit: dude, the post you had only 0 in i quoted too, but it doesnt appear as quote nor does it appears in my post when i hit directly onto "reply" on under your message, you scare me now :ph34r:

i dont think so..

there is at least 3 psy remixes of that track.. dont know them by heart now though.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/dio/dio1cd001.html

being one of them.. cant find the others quickly

brilliant track..

The track sounds crap but thanks for the tip. Hope there's a better remix out there.

lol? you never heard this track??? I didn't knew people like you still existed.

other "overlooked" songs with great influence(IMO):

Rabbit In The Moon aka T.confusius & monk (

)

FSOL - papua new guinea (

the aztex mystic 5DJ rolando) - knight of the jaguar youtube

Humate - love simulation(

dance 2 trance -We came in peace (1990!!!) couldn't find original but here is remix (youtube)

etc

etc

i'm bored of searching....too bad i can't just post my CD collection, those names are a few of my babies. and youtube soundquality sucks. They deserve better.

oh yeah, a REALLY overlooked but great artist is State of house.

History just ingored them while their quality and songs are pretty good for 1993.

discogs link

No youtube video :( , such great music, nobody knows it.... it's weird....

Good stuff here indeet. Heard the knight of the Jaguar in a festival this summer. Still kills.