Penta "Portuguese Abduction" Out October 26 on AuraQuake

Hi Everyone,

My Fourth Album “Portuguese Abduction” is going to be released on October 26 2007. We were very pleased at AuraQuake with great reviews of “Horn Please”,

so I decided I should make another album for this year.

I hope you enjoy!

Nikita

Artist: Penta

Title: Horn Please

Label: AuraQuake

Catalog Number: AQCD005

Format: CD Jewel Case

Mastered by: Tim Shuldt at 4CN-Studios

Release Date: October 26 2007

Distributed by: Arabesque Distribution

Penta "Portuguese Abduction"

Posted Image

1 Vegetarian Ballad

2 BBQ

3 Time Jump

4 Andes

5 Men Dozed

6 Piscotech

7 No More Evil

8 Magic Balls

9 Neo Cheesy

Press Release

Well, it has finally happened: the Portuguese aliens have taken what was theirs for several years now – that is, Nikita Tselovalnikov, the producer of Penta, the

psytrance project that has been seen live in 30 countries around the world. To commemorate this fact, AuraQuake Music is happily releasing “Portuguese

Abduction”, the fourth album from Nikita, now an Azores Islands resident. Packed with next generation sounds, unexpected passages and his trademark

sampling, this release is a wicked pentadelic circus carousel that takes you on a wild journey through night and day. From deep and dark “No More Evil” to the

funky and unpredictable “BBQ” to the vocal and full-on “Neo Cheesy” this album is for everyone. Drawing from his experience in working at the Soviet nuclear

laboratory, Nikita has made sure that every track will detonate properly on every dance floor, - huge and tiny. The mastering was provided by Tim Shuldt at the

4CN-Studios, so you can expect fresh and transparent sound all the way.

AuraQuake Music

AuraQuake Music was established by Nikita Tselovalnikov and Catia Leitao in December 2004 as a platform to release fun, innovative and quality psychedelic

music. The first four titles were - Penta albums “Funraiser” and “Horn Please” as well as compilations “Seismic Mood” and “Jitter Glow”. Presenting Penta’s

fourth album “Portuguese Abduction”, AuraQuake continues to delight with its own take on the psychedelic story.

CD Shops

Along with other releases from AuraQuake, this title will be available at your local trance shops as well as in all major online shops such as:

www.amaz

on.com

www.psy-buy.com

www.psyshop.com

www.saikosounds.com

www.beatspace.com

www.wirikuta.at

Digital Download Shops

You can also download this and other AuraQuake releases at a growing number of digital download stores such as:

Itunes

Beatport

Release records

Trackitdown

Resonant Vibes

Juno records

Magnetic groove

Rhapsody

Napster

Musicnet

AOL music now

E music

Audio Jelly

Dance tunes

HRFQ

Play it tonight

Don't Forget the T-Shirts!

AuraQuake Website features AuraQuake CDs as well as Penta and AuraQuake T-Shirts for sale. Every T-Shirt comes with a free Seismic Mood CD.

Posted Image

Arabesque Distribution - London

http://www.arabesque.co.uk

Tel: 00 44 (0) 20 8992 0098

http://www.auraquake.com - AuraQuake Website

http://www.pentafiles.com - Penta Website

http://www.myspace.com/pentafiles - Penta Myspace

http://www.myspace.com/auraquake - AuraQuake Myspace

http://pentafiles.tribe.net – Penta Tribe

Posted Image

Artist: Penta

Title: Horn Please

Label: AuraQuake

Catalog Number: AQCD005

Format: CD Jewel Case

Mastered by: Tim Shuldt at 4CN-Studios

Release Date: October 26 2007

Distributed by: Arabesque Distribution

Horn Please? :P

----

Well this sounds nice! I will be looking forward to hearing this!

• 3 weeks later...

BEST PSY... EVER!!!!

Really lookin' forward to this one... I liked the way your music is going; horn please is an absolute KILLER, so im exited about your new release... Very quickly released after the last one.

Hope you have putted the work in it, that it deserves... To live up to your name completely

Hi everyone,

There are large clips on Saikosounds now:

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=6864

The album is coming on October 26. It should also be available on Beatport.com, iTunes, etc. on the same date, in case you are interested to have fresh tracks for the weekend.

Thanks for support!

Boom!

Nikita

Sounds like a dream coming true:D

Can't wait to here it in full length in high res...

The part where the man speaks in "Time jump"!!! Uhh it hits my spot;) The wierd penta twists just seems to keep on going!

• 1 month later...

No comments since October? I just read about this now. I can only imagine Penta began Horn Please? in 2006. How else would this album not have a rushed feel to it. Anything's possible however. I like this fast, furious, melodic, psychedelic, atmospheric, dark and textured style (with surprise elements). As long as Penta can continue it with good and above tracks. My gripe with Horn Please?, as much as I enjoy the album, is that it lacks an amazing masterpiece. The entire album is more or less good and/or great. While that is a compliment to say the least, I know Penta has the ability to conjure up several surprisingly, infectious and rich masterpieces... tracks that just blow the listener away and ascend (or descend) the musical tracks into the next level of impressive, memorable darkness, while remaining danceable.

An example of an unforgettable dark Psytrance song that both captivated and impressed me from beginning to end is Structure Failure by Dark Nebula. I like tracks that make me go, WOW, Holy shit!!! Anyway it would be amazing if Penta made two or three extremely next level songs on the next album, (while various others are great too) bringing this style to another climax or plateau, because this artist, should he continue to improve, has the potential to be the greatest artist in generally dark Psytrance. And I will continue to buy his albums, and many others will too.

The melody work on Andes is very gripping, the deep, relatively sustained chime sound. One thing I notice however is that the general song has so many change ups in sound and ideas that it's hardly possible for the general song to not remain interesting throughout. Is this a bad thing? Of course not. But does constant change of scenery make a movie good either? First, I'm refreshed to see these songs aren't repetitive, they're constantly happening which is great. Awesome. But I'd love to hear more indentity as almost every song follows the "handful of psy and melody sounds" direction without what seems to be a building in strength character. Stronger leading melody work on some of these tracks which would inspire total bliss, madness, crazyness, climax, would be wonderous. In other words, it would be awesome to hear more complex and stand out, thick and developed, driving melodies as Infected Mushroom used to do, but in Penta's darker, style and songs. The tracks here are like paragraphs with a variety of more and less catchy sentences. How about a story that gets better as it progresses? Or a track that doesn't have alot of cool sound fx and complimentary melodic elements alone, but such elements compliment a building ark, an infectious melodic rhythm-esque structure via Goa-influenced in concept per say, but incorporated and channeled through the talented vision of Penta. Maybe this artist has little interest in letting a good idea develop into a kingdom of streaming (driving, dark, aggressive, kickass) melodies in addition to that great melodic idea and those tunes that often come, sound great, than go. This is just an observation and a suggestion anyway.

I'd describe Penta's new style as I'd describe the film District - B13. It's fast, furious, stylish, and races by the viewer in a blur. The viewer may want to watch it again because it's fun, but he or she will often find it less memorable than it feels in the moment because it's so cool to see but not as juicy and developed (or powerful) as a whole. Such stronger emphasis on character development, plot, and story would have a more of an impact on the viewer. The experience would not only be fun but mind-altering, provocative, and smashingly well done past its hip and fun image, badboy attitude, and cool moves.