The official new Younger Brother album support group

Goa Bill

lol, i completely give up on this genre. anyone who thinks hype has anything to do with this hasn't been out of highschool long enough.

this album is a masterpiece, psytrance is a fucking joke of a genre. if you don't like this have fun listening to your boom boom boom boom, paint by number bullshit music.

later

its been fun but i just cant stand anything about this genre anymore

I no longer think of it as a genre as so much that is called psy isn't psychedelic & so much that isn't called psy is psychedelic! I just buy what I like! Still not heard this, not been released here yet!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely liking/disliking the album has nothing to do with sense, understanding music or cleaning ears and is merely a matter of taste and expectations and whether those expectations were met. May sound strange, and perhaps unfair, but I think I'd enjoy the album a little more and not criticise it quite so much had other artists been responsible for it. The trouble is I can't help comparing it to the last Younger Brother album, Benji's two solo albums, and all of Simon's previous solo/collaborative albums and, held up against any of those, this new album pales into insignificance.

Surely liking/disliking the album has nothing to do with sense, understanding music or cleaning ears and is merely a matter of taste and expectations and whether those expectations were met. May sound strange, and perhaps unfair, but I think I'd enjoy the album a little more and not criticise it quite so much had other artists been responsible for it. The trouble is I can't help comparing it to the last Younger Brother album, Benji's two solo albums, and all of Simon's previous solo/collaborative albums and, held up against any one of those, this new album pales into insignificance.

Well santo, you'll probably like this more with time as your expectations wear off!

Well, you never know but, really, I doubt it. One of the key things I appreciate in music is individuality, the artist's ability to create something unique that no other artists could create or even mimic. This album is a strange mixture of Air, Pink Floyd, Aphex Twin, Massive Attack and has none of the signature Simon or Benji hallmarks. It doesn't stand out.