The official new Younger Brother album support group

Goa Bill

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are they striking about this time?

i think they're striking in protest of their previous strike going by largely unnoticed. seriously... :blink:

the album is real nice for a change.

there are many sounds we've heard before in posford and younger brother works, there is certainly a high degree of influence by pink floyd and ozric tentacles (it sounds like this to me at least) and the whole thing also reminds a little of shpongle 1.

so, is this good or bad? i like to think good.

i'm no posford whore (not by a long shot) but we all know about his love for pink floyd since the dsotm remixes. its not "copying". its genuine and sounds solid, again at least to me. the whole album is psychedelic with very nice atmosphere, which is only interrupted by more fluffy sounds few times in the album.

all in all im very much happily surprised by this one and waiting patiently to see if there is going to be more work in this vein, i somehow feel this album was just meant to be and fits in perfectly to an empty slot around classic albums. (and i was afraid to say this last bit here..)

time will tell if this is indeed so...

I think its a masterpiece and have hated everything posford has done since shpongle 1.

A mixed reaction is to be expected though since its pretty much stripped of having much to do with psytrance besides for i'm a freak.

I almost wish they had done 2 disks now, one with more vocal tracks and one with all instrumentals.

You keep insinuating that somehow this music is 'above' psytrance listeners. I would dare to say that this album will pretty much only fly (with all the praise) with psy and I guess electronic people. Anyone whose music collection is not mainly psy might not be as amazed by the 'oozing' quality of this album. About 80% of my collection is not psy or electronic at all and while I agree that this is a pretty good album it is nothing special in the big world outside of psy. It is a pop album with very accessible music, with hits, with great hooks, with perfect production and so on. It is easy listening, it gets to you straight away, there is nothing to digest, there is nothing to really grow, it's just there for you on a platter.

2 discs would be awesome, I am sure there would be 1 full disc of great music in there :)

There is a postal strike in the UK atm, so thats probably why you havent got it yet. Perfect timing as usual :angry:

Well better than someone stealing my copy haha :) Always look on the b :drama: right side....of life...lalalala

So you're saying my copy is stuck in England... The patch on the wound (the fact that i can't got to Younger Brother Live tomorrow - wednesday in London) is.. not coming? I refuse to download it. I will wait. It will make me a better person. Yeah, i'm insinuating that i'm better than all of you. no but srsly.. that's a shame.. *sulk* I want it..

You keep insinuating that somehow this music is 'above' psytrance listeners. I would dare to say that this album will pretty much only fly (with all the praise) with psy and I guess electronic people. Anyone whose music collection is not mainly psy might not be as amazed by the 'oozing' quality of this album. About 80% of my collection is not psy or electronic at all and while I agree that this is a pretty good album it is nothing special in the big world outside of psy. It is a pop album with very accessible music, with hits, with great hooks, with perfect production and so on. It is easy listening, it gets to you straight away, there is nothing to digest, there is nothing to really grow, it's just there for you on a platter.

Ahh my feelings exactly, listened to it for a couple of times again this evening and I have to say it's quite forgettable.

You must be an Antichrist and a blasphem if you don't like this album! In other words you must be into full on only!

I am Antichrist, but..I really enjoy this album? :rolleyes:

Still haven't got it, someone must have stolen it but why?! and who knew I was gonna receive it?!

'

Man u're avatar takes half a forum page !!!! :ph34r:B)

lol :lol: i can make a new smaller one np ;) special edition for peepuz with 800x600 monitors B)

nexus, what are you listening to that is so much better than this that it has no depth?

outside of venetian snares i'm pretty sick of every genre of electronic music, just derivative shit over and over.

I think skinny puppy's last album is better than this but thats a much different emotional feel.

Outside of that there is not much original sounding electronic music being made like this.

Still nothing. Has anyone received their copy yet? Should I reconsider downloading this? Am getting a bit impatient... <_<

I got it today! YES! So it took a little longer than usual, so maybe you're copy is delayed somewhere, I don't see why you shouldn't download...the release is in 320kbps so it's very good quality :)

edit: It was damaged! FFS! Darn postal service, no disrespect for twisted but they should send the cd in cardboard box like psyshop, I have never received anything damaged from them, from now on, I'm gonna buy all from psyshop....

redeit2x: at least it was signed :) and I could always buy blank covers and replace the damage :) always look on the bright side..blablablablal

nexus, what are you listening to that is so much better than this that it has no depth?

outside of venetian snares i'm pretty sick of every genre of electronic music, just derivative shit over and over.

I think skinny puppy's last album is better than this but thats a much different emotional feel.

Outside of that there is not much original sounding electronic music being made like this.

Balls. Sorry I have to disagree. There´s loads of good electronica going round at the moment. Granted, there´s a LOT more bad stuff going around, but that doesnt mean that the electronica scene is dying.

After hearing it many times theres few tracks that doesnt sound so interesting to me.. like sleep walker 1 & 2, elephant machine sounded good at first but sounds like left over track from newest shpongle.. but the good tracks will be repeated many times.. so its not 10/10 album but damn good album still :drama:

I'm guessing because my package has to go through more UK postal worker's hands to get to me than it does to Germany. Also, the striking is regionally uneven (some workers in some areas are striking more than others) so depending on the route a piece of mail takes, the delay may be extended.

I have listened to this only once, but it seems very good. Sure, sleepwalkers are fillers, Elephant Machine sounds like the not-so-good parts in Shpongle 3 as Towelie said and I personnally don't like I am a Freak much, but overall it's really good. 9/10? 8.5/10 for sure.

But this is only after the first listen...