The official new Younger Brother album support group

Goa Bill

It's in 10.2 format and if you don't have the equipment to properly reproduce it, Simon says you suck!

:)

Yeah, damn there's music outside of psytrance that's good but obviously it needs a 10.2 system coz it's so much more advanced than psy (which is just 2). Instant gratification ftw.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So hopefully I'll get my album today in the mail but I doubt it, prolly tomorrow, so when are the reviews gonna start comin up? I won't make one that's for sure since I suck at it...I stick to review sucky albums

I am eagerly awaiting the in depth otopcy of the tracks and discuss it..

I deleted tracks 3,5,7,8 and listened to that, it was GREAT! Now there is a proper flow and every track is very nice. I hear different influences here (U2, Coldplay, Shpongle, etc) and while I don't think it has the lasting potential of most of those bands I still quite like it. I would love to see this live, I think that's where the strength of this act will be.

Wow, I thought that I was going to be blown away just because of the amount of hype around this album.

Well, I wasn't amazed. But then I wasn't expecting a chillout album - which is exactly what this is. And I'm not a big fan of chillout.

They didn't make anything new, all those cool sounds and effects they use we heard already in A Flock Of Bleeps. The only track which was fucking brilliant was I Am A Freak. The rest just didn't do it to me. Yea, beautiful music obviously, but nothing too mind blowing.

The reaction to this seems very mixed!

I'm guessing all the posford whores who would praise his farts love it right?

Ah well, I must buy it to see for myself, you can't tell from samples or downloads (well I can't anyway).

Ah well, I must buy it to see for myself, you can't tell from samples or downloads (well I can't anyway).

Weird, isn't it?! I'm the same :)

Its got nothing to do with the fact that Posfod make it. Its just good music. Doesnt even really sound like Posford's stuff.

I think its a masterpiece and have hated everything posford has done since shpongle 1.

A mixed reaction is to be expected though since its pretty much stripped of having much to do with psytrance besides for i'm a freak.

I almost wish they had done 2 disks now, one with more vocal tracks and one with all instrumentals.

Listened through it a couple of times now, Ribbon On A Branch is tops, otherwise quite forgettable.

Don't you think it's like that because you already know that track (I assume you've heard it on Youtube)?

I've experienced this couple of times - I was convinced that the best track was the one I already knew, while after a few weeks, when I got to know the other ones better, I completely changed my mind.

So, in my case it is always wise to not judge / rate music just few listens.

Weird, isn't it?! I'm the same :)

Aye, it is! I guess I just usually need time to let a release work for me & I don't feel the need to give a download the time but if I bought it then I give it extra listens to make sure how I feel about it.

Its got nothing to do with the fact that Posfod make it. Its just good music. Doesnt even really sound like Posford's stuff.

Then you are obviously not a posford whore! Some people are though!

Don't you think it's like that because you already know that track (I assume you've heard it on Youtube)?

I've experienced this couple of times - I was convinced that the best track was the one I already knew, while after a few weeks, when I got to know the other ones better, I completely changed my mind.

So, in my case it is always wise to not judge / rate music just few listens.

Thath's funny cause I think Ribbon is the least good track on the whole album actually. Ok maybe track 7 is equal or worse (they still are good). And also I'm a freak that I disliked earlier is growing on me.

Btw still haven't got the retail in my postbox, maybe someone stole it..I'm gonna place a camera to watch my postbox...

Trust me. This album oozes quality. Its up there with Trentemollers first album. Cracy good. Best album of 2007 for me for sure.

Trentmoller is another I need to check out :huh: I know I know I really really should!!!

Thath's funny cause I think Ribbon is the least good track on the whole album actually. Ok maybe track 7 is equal or worse (they still are good). And also I'm a freak that I disliked earlier is growing on me.

Btw still haven't got the retail in my postbox, maybe someone stole it..I'm gonna place a camera to watch my postbox...

There is a postal strike in the UK atm, so thats probably why you havent got it yet. Perfect timing as usual :angry: