The official new Younger Brother album support group

Goa Bill

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow the samples on the twisted site sound just amazing.

i disagree this is more mainstream, to me this is more like the first shpongle album with Simon deciding to make up his own genre, this is just fucked up stuff.

im so glad to hear simon break away from dance music, i think its been pretty clear he has been bored with dance music for years now.

Yup, I'm already hooked on All I Want, and it's on so crappy quality, the final version when I hear it will surely blow me away. Btw who is the guy with a purple shirt in the background moving like he's on shrooms or something. He looks like a joke :)

Younger Brother live was one of the most psychedelic liveshows with band I've ever seen. The only thing I didn't like that much was "I am a freak... I am unique". Dunno, sounded a bit lame.

But I agree, All I Want sounds heavenly... :) Can't wait for this!!

I keep listening to this over and over.

I suspect Simon has done the impossible and destroyed Shpongle 1. :)

That song sounds not so good from the previews but that kills even Tool, just that one song.

I can't even imagine the last song, that preview is amazing.

"To top all this off, Psychic Gibbon is as damn near to a perfect piece of music I’ve ever heard. The guitar line may be all Robert Smith, and the chord changes may once again be those big, emotive steps mentioned above, but by christ is this a goodun. The production is squarely aimed a good few feet above your head, the movement is organic and the overall vibe seems to sum up life, death, rebirth and everything in between. It actually is that good."

He, I've been listening more and more to samples, live plays...why?! When I knew a new Younger Brother album was comin out I just took it cool, it will come when it arrives I thought. And not paying any more attention to it really, but now I've hyped it up myself to enormous proportions, and 15 days seems like an eternity now.

I haven't tripped in a while now and I think it's gonna be a blast having the honor tripping to this one!!!!

The Psychic Gibbon sample is just amazing aswell...I shouldn't listen any more..

ye +1 Slyman on the last sample

Doesn't this song sound like a more mainstream Shpongle tune with lyrics sang by Maynard James Keenen, the voice of TOOL?? Anyway great song, beautiful actually...it just sounds a bit Tool-esque in vocals unless they hired the lead man for this new Younger Brother track to sing in it.

When is the official release date for YOUNGER BROTHER 2?? All I can find is this...

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/twi/twi1cd032.html

Btw I'm with you guys...I loved the first and I'm really excited about this one.

naa, i dont think it sounds like Maynard at all. Almost reminds me of radiohead doing pink floyd style harmonies.

they have more samples of psychic gibbon and happy pills on myspace...

www.myspace.com/youngerbrothertwisted

psychic gibbon fucking destroys. i'm hoping thats a really long track.

to me from the samples it kind of has the feel of shpongle 1, mixed with shoegazer/idm, mixed with pinkfloyd/radiohead.

havent been this excited for an album in years.

Doesn't this song sound like a more mainstream Shpongle tune with lyrics sang by Maynard James Keenen, the voice of TOOL?? Anyway great song, beautiful actually...it just sounds a bit Tool-esque in vocals unless they hired the lead man for this new Younger Brother track to sing in it.

Apparently the album's just been released for download on iTunes.

I'm so tempted to buy it, even though i've already pre ordered, as I'm not going to be able to listen the album til november when i go back home and it's going to be impossible to resist when the reviews come in....

Oh and Simon H just confirmed on the twisted board that all the pre ordered copies are getting signed by benji and simon :posford:

Edit: fuck it, i bought it. couldn't resist. and it's only £7 :unsure: Downloading as i type...

I keep listening to this over and over.

I suspect Simon has done the impossible and destroyed Shpongle 1. :)

That song sounds not so good from the previews but that kills even Tool, just that one song.

I can't even imagine the last song, that preview is amazing.

"To top all this off, Psychic Gibbon is as damn near to a perfect piece of music I’ve ever heard. The guitar line may be all Robert Smith, and the chord changes may once again be those big, emotive steps mentioned above, but by christ is this a goodun. The production is squarely aimed a good few feet above your head, the movement is organic and the overall vibe seems to sum up life, death, rebirth and everything in between. It actually is that good."

Why destroyed shpongle 1? I think you can't compare... I should say outdone most of the basic psyrock kind of stuff, but not shpongle 1. Different worlds and different perspective on music from start imo. For music with real vocals I kinda like this stuff, but I mostly prefer the otherworldly stuff without the singing. It's a different thing imo, an other kind of soundscapes and in all a different outcome for your mind and emotions. Anyway haven't listened to it that much (so maybe 10 times later I could be bored by it) and quality isn't that good, so we'll see how it turns out in half a year from now. Now the hype is to big to see clearly :)... Pink floyd meets radiohead with liquid posford sounds or something like said before, don't know we'll see in a few months...

Oh and Simon H just confirmed on the twisted board that all the pre ordered copies are getting signed by benji and simon :posford:

Could you link me where it says they're gonna be signed, I want reliable proof :) Now I'm gonna be really disappointed if it ends up in my letterbox unsigned..

Yup, I'm already hooked on All I Want, and it's on so crappy quality, the final version when I hear it will surely blow me away. Btw who is the guy with a purple shirt in the background moving like he's on shrooms or something. He looks like a joke :)

he is a joke.

wicked album though, thought it was pants when i heard it at brixton academy, cos it was so out of context (imho), but now i've had a chance to listen properly it seems like it's going to be an album i'll be listening to in 10 years time.

he is a joke.

wicked album though, thought it was pants when i heard it at brixton academy, cos it was so out of context (imho), but now i've had a chance to listen properly it seems like it's going to be an album i'll be listening to in 10 years time.

No, YOU were out of context, man. It was fuckin' brilliant! :) So.

First time I've ever preordered an album based on one live performance and a few random samples here and there, and I'm excited about it too. Cool stuff.

@lurkster: have a goodun this saturday, won't be there unfortunately. kick some ass, yes?

No, YOU were out of context, man. It was fuckin' brilliant! :) So.

First time I've ever preordered an album based on one live performance and a few random samples here and there, and I'm excited about it too. Cool stuff.

@lurkster: have a goodun this saturday, won't be there unfortunately. kick some ass, yes?

hahah you are absolutely right, i was out of context ;)

am sure to have a goodun, can never fail in grunland, and will do my best to kick some ass too :D

2 minutes and 20 seconds and my 1st listening experience will start :posford:

there's a torrent out there ;)

eh.. I'm so buying it but I can't wait for the physical media..

1 minute 17 seconds OMGOMGOMG