Yello....

NEMO.BOFH

I love. I am listening to the Pocket Universe album at the moment, and I am amazed how they really made one of the most prychedelic and most ambient albums in 1997. I bet some of the psy artists from then wish they were Dieter Meier and Boris Blank :) For sure one group that has made a lot, but never got really recognized bigtime :( I love Yello so much that I have even stolen samples from them :D

Yeah, Yello is great and especially the mentioned Pocket Universe is wicked with some trance and ambient influences. If it wasn't for their singing, I'd probably appreciate it even more, though.

BTW Nemo, have you ever heard THIS? If not, you really should :)

Yeah, Yello is great and especially the mentioned Pocket Universe is wicked with some trance and ambient influences. If it wasn't for their singing, I'd probably appreciate it even more, though.

BTW Nemo, have you ever heard THIS? If not, you really should :)

That was the first original CD I ever bought. I barely ever listen to it nowadays, but I recally that "L'hotel" and "You gotta say to another excess" being two stellar tracks.

As far as Yello goes, I find them to be a hit and miss type of group- there are certain songs of theirs that I find to be timeless classics, while some of their music I find utterly disposable. And I tend to agree with antic, as some of their better outputs were ruined by pretty bad singing... :(

I love. I am listening to the Pocket Universe album at the moment, and I am amazed how they really made one of the most prychedelic and most ambient albums in 1997. I bet some of the psy artists from then wish they were Dieter Meier and Boris Blank :) For sure one group that has made a lot, but never got really recognized bigtime :( I love Yello so much that I have even stolen samples from them :D

+1