is flying rhino records coming back?

Guest The Journey Man Project

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread officially sucks! My last reply in this thread.

:posford: :drama: Flying Rhino is dead R.I.P :drama: :posford:

Hahaha, Diaks. You're silly. You help fuel this thread =] and then you abandon it? BAH! I don't know, I do think rereleasing the music from yesteryears on MP3 is fine as we've had numerous discussion about a database for such a thing of all things oldskool psy. It's a great idea and it's not like anybody's losing anything other than the people selling fifty and sixty dollar cds.

On any note, I have a comment to MR. MIKE DWYER. You sir, you....you need to understand. If I buy a CD for 2 cents and somebody's willing to give me 80 dollars for it, do you think I'm going to pass up that opportunity to profit off someone elses desperation? That's where it becomes a consumer market. I am not ripping YOU off for YOU BUYING the CD FROM ME. Do I believe you would sell a D5 - Transdimensional CD for $9.50USD after you bought a new copy of it for that? I doubt it, I sure didn't. I made profit off it because I knew how in demand it was.

Fact is, yeah music shouldn't cost an arm and a leg, but it's up to the consumers, aka the listeners to determine what it's worth ultimately. If they think it's too much, they simply won't buy it.

And Diaks, I think there's more to this story than you're telling us. That's silly.

Remember that guy named so1o that got busted in England within the last year? I knew him very well from 93-98 on EFNet IRC. He was a nice friendly guy. he was a HAX0RIFFIC dude. He was strange...but whatever. I was saddened to hear when he got busted, but at the same time I was like wow, I totally chilled with that dude online all of the time.

heehee.

-d

Reger you can get all those releases on DC++ anyway, why and how this upcoming site will change anything from your point of view?

heh, you missed the point, my -10000000000000000000000000000 was for that real shanti killargh babas buy cd's :posford:

• 4 weeks later...

what? so thats it, releasing the old ones in mp3

and I was thinking of new experimental psychedelic music :(

I was hoping for that too...

mp3 what a waste :-s

why not pre-ordered cds? ;) not into profit?! then sell cheap pre-ordered cds

and by pre-ordered I mean pay first, gather some pre-orders and only then print the cds

oh maybe it's a dumb idea

I was hoping for that too...

mp3 what a waste :-s

why not pre-ordered cds? ;) not into profit?! then sell cheap pre-ordered cds

and by pre-ordered I mean pay first, gather some pre-orders and only then print the cds

oh maybe it's a dumb idea

Yeah! I'm sure people could download the mp3s anyway right?

I'd pre order some cheapo CDs! Well, if I had any money I would :P

• 2 weeks later...

Woo it's on-line :posford:

http://perso.orange.fr/psychedelic_trance/...story_part1.htm

This is an interesting read :)

Ed:"To find a party, you have to rely on the rumours you heard during the day, or ask the taxi drivers. At dusk, people go the their favourite bar on the beach (e.g. Shore Bar on South Anjuna or Nine Bar on Vagator Beach). There, you drink a beer and smoke your first joint."

Hehehe :D

Hehe glad you appreciated the subtlety and thought it was nice ;) Better nice and subtle than... um... some of the self-promotion I've posted on here in the past :unsure::P :drama:

Let's not kid ourselves it was well deserved.

Your Fluorostani Transcendance single was one of the biggest Flying Rhino classics.

Eventhough you haven't released tons of stuff volume-wise on FR, this single cements you as a bona fide piece of their cult-status history :)

Your Fluorostani Transcendance single was one of the biggest Flying Rhino classics.

:wub: Up there with L.S.D. and Vitan! Colin, I'm still wondering where those samples in "Syncronity Converger" are from. Haven't found them in full_on's sample database either. Now after a decade, care to spill the beans?

Always nice to hear people still remember those tracks, we were particularly pleased with them ourselves, as it goes!

Colin, I'm still wondering where those samples in "Syncronity Converger" are from. Haven't found them in full_on's sample database either. Now after a decade, care to spill the beans?

http://www.toonhound.com/bluecat.htm

All the samples are spoken by Dougal:

"Perhaps I'm dreaming? hehehe/Well I never!/Well the next thing that happened was... a noise"

"Out of this world"

"I'm not easily frightened, but this... cor!"

"Then I heard something else..."

"Perhaps I'm dreaming? hehehe"

There are also some samples from a CD lent to us by a friend who was working for a Formula 1 racing team, recorded by the team at the trackside during a race.

Thanks, I'll sleep better now! :D That's something I wouldn't just come across by coincidence as it has happened with a few other samples. Very strange deja-vú-feeling when you've know heard some phrase a lot of times over the last 10 years or so and suddenly it's there in context.

Does it all mean something more profound? - Maybe. Possibly. Probably not, even. It's still a fascinating trip. :)