is flying rhino records coming back?

Guest The Journey Man Project

I doubt they can do that without the permission of the artists.

I spoke to a mate of mine who works for earthcore here, and he said, as I stated earlier, if the owners bought the right to the record label, they more than likely got the rights to all the releases. Therefore, they can do what they want with them regardless o the artists.

Plus I'd say the artist's know about it from the responses this got on Isratrance.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, much better than that :ph34r:

Ummmmmmmmmm.. Abasio..

Step into my office and close the door, we need to talk

::closes the windows and locks them shut.. closes thick black drapes so nothing can be seen from inside. walks around to the door and locks it tight. checks sound proof integrity of the room::

now where were we?

Ummmmmmmmmm.. Abasio..

Step into my office and close the door, we need to talk

::closes the windows and locks them shut.. closes thick black drapes so nothing can be seen from inside. walks around to the door and locks it tight. checks sound proof integrity of the room::

now where were we?

Okay, I think I just have a perverted brain, but man, I don't even want to know what happens next. Sounds like a plunging episode, ewwwwwwwwww... squishy squishy squishy! what's that smell? ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

EWEWEWEWEW if that's a LU BU system, man, keep me away from it, yucky.

*Shoves a cork in his ass*

STAY AWAY!

-d

This was posted on Isratrance today:

On 2007-09-23 17:00, FlyingRhinoRecords wrote:

Hello Everyone

I would first of all like to say thanks to all the help and support this project has been receiving so far. In particular Boris from Isratrance. As I am sure everyone knows the back catalogue of Flying Rhino goes way back and is something that is truly amazing.

Some of the speculation you read in this post is correct some of it not. Here is the reality..

This project has the 100% backing of the original & True Members - Dominic Lamb, George Barker and James Monro. Dominic has chosen to not be involved on a director level however James & George are. The 'label' depending on your definition is now NON PROFIT MAKING. We have no intention of doing this to make money. We have every intention of doing this to raise label profile, help as many artists as possible with bookings etc and re live the Flying Rhino spirit which in my opinion has some amazing original qualities that can be shared with this scene.

Like many of you on this forum I was there in the 90s and the only way I could see this happening was by investing hours of my time to get the label back on its feet. The clear choice was to use the internet for the platform. I think this project is going to work. The server stats definitely show this!

However, it will fail if we do not get support from everyone. The support to this date has been amazing I have emails from all over the world offering help and assistance. If you have released on Flying Rhino please get in touch with me will@flyingrhino.co.uk

Myself George and James had a meeting 20th September 2007. We also spoke to Dominic Lamb over the telephone on this day. Here is the official Flying Rhino Announcement:

"All of us got together and dusted off our wings and in response to lots and lots of requests thought we would make all the back catalogue available as MP3 downloads. As we had about 300 different artists to contact and have no idea what parts of the planet they may be at now we have chosen to give artists an ‘opt out’ option. Due to the change in the audio platform since the 90s and digital downloads now being available for free everywhere we hope that no one takes offence to what is in essence a celebration of great times with great people coming together to create great tunes. We would love all our old friends to get back in touch with us and if this causes any offence will be happy to remove the relevant material immediately. Looking forward to catching you all on the dance floor soon…” George Barker, James Monro, Dominic Lamb, Will Stoner

http://forum.isratrance.com/flying-rhino-records-coming-back

I think you, or whoever it might have been, mixed the great and hopefully soon enough resurrected Flying Rhino Records with the seminal pop music record label, Rhino Entertainment Company. :)

Anyways, an interesting debate, I had no idea they went under to Warner Bros... :blink:

I think you, or whoever it might have been, mixed the great and hopefully soon enough resurrected Flying Rhino Records with the seminal pop music record label, Rhino Entertainment Company. :)

Anyways, an interesting debate, I had no idea they went under to Warner Bros... :blink:

Lolz youre rite :lol: Didn't even realize :rolleyes: Thx ^_^

I've checked the releases of FR and does their announce mean albums like GNOTR or BPC will be re-released???

Does this thread look like an official support thread where you will get those answers?

Only way to know that is the ability to read the future, wich no one can do.

Just have patience and waith and see how things turn out.

Or didnt you read carefully what was written?

Does this thread look like an official support thread where you will get those answers?

Only way to know that is the ability to read the future, wich no one can do.

Just have patience and waith and see how things turn out.

Or didnt you read carefully what was written?

Ehm yes you're right my post does not make real sense... I initially thought they are planning on releasing only few albums, because of the artists approval. Damn, I need to improve my english reading...

eh, french rednecks... :rolleyes:

:lol: joking :D:P

So despite what Diak has said... there has been an official post by Flying Rhino Records on Isratrance. Thank fuck this is happening by at least one label and stopping the fucked up price rip offs on Ebay and Discogs. I had my entire collection (every cd compilation, and lots of vinyl) of FRR stolen with my car, so this is more than awesome!

On 2007-09-23 17:00, FlyingRhinoRecords wrote:

Hello Everyone

I would first of all like to say thanks to all the help and support this project has been receiving so far. In particular Boris from Isratrance. As I am sure everyone knows the back catalogue of Flying Rhino goes way back and is something that is truly amazing.

Some of the speculation you read in this post is correct some of it not. Here is the reality..

This project has the 100% backing of the original & True Members - Dominic Lamb, George Barker and James Monro. Dominic has chosen to not be involved on a director level however James & George are. The 'label' depending on your definition is now NON PROFIT MAKING. We have no intention of doing this to make money. We have every intention of doing this to raise label profile, help as many artists as possible with bookings etc and re live the Flying Rhino spirit which in my opinion has some amazing original qualities that can be shared with this scene.

Like many of you on this forum I was there in the 90s and the only way I could see this happening was by investing hours of my time to get the label back on its feet. The clear choice was to use the internet for the platform. I think this project is going to work. The server stats definitely show this!

However, it will fail if we do not get support from everyone. The support to this date

However, it will fail if we do not get support from everyone. The support to this date has been amazing I have emails from all over the world offering help and assistance. If you have released on Flying Rhino please get in touch with me will@flyingrhino.co.uk

Myself George and James had a meeting 20th September 2007. We also spoke to Dominic Lamb over the telephone on this day. Here is the official Flying Rhino Announcement:

"All of us got together and dusted off our wings and in response to lots and lots of requests thought we would make all the back catalogue available as MP3 downloads. As we had about 300 different artists to contact and have no idea what parts of the planet they may be at now we have chosen to give artists an ‘opt out’ option. Due to the change in the audio platform since the 90s and digital downloads now being available for free everywhere we hope that no one takes offence to what is in essence a celebration of great times with great people coming together to create great tunes. We would love all our old friends to get back in touch with us and if this causes any offence will be happy to remove the relevant material immediately. Looking forward to catching you all on the dance floor soon…” George Barker, James Monro, Dominic Lamb, Will Stoner

No serious old school fanatic will settle for mp3s or even WAV file. They'll rather scout e-bay for those old CDs and will prefer paying ridiculous prices. The alternative is on DC++ and mp3 FTP's for a long time already. Seems like a futile attempt if you ask me.

No serious old school fanatic will settle for mp3s or even WAV file. They'll rather scout e-bay for those old CDs and will prefer paying ridiculous prices. The alternative is on DC++ and mp3 FTP's for a long time already. Seems like a futile attempt if you ask me.

+100

so it's pay 40 Euros or you rnot a true goa fan???

hehe idiots... then fine, I"m not a true fan... do you think the artist makes any $$$ from your sill ebay and discogs purchases?

they don'T!

Edited by The Journey Man Project

oh my god...

I cannot beleive that people on here are so fucking dumb that they think that paying over $100.00 for a cd is better than dowloading mp3's... hey I'd fucking pay for the mp3's rather than pay the stupid prices you people charge on ebay and discogs...

I'm fine with mp3's over a 40 Euro cd...

I'm sane... I have more realistic things to spend 40 Euros on... like my girlfriend, like dinner, like a holiday away for the weekend...

man.... some people in the "undergound" really need to get some pussy and get out more...

fuck oath then, I"m not a true fan of the original sound.. . I buy music I like, but I"m responsible with my money...

it's also why I sell my second hand cd's for $10-30 Aussie dollars on ebay... no more than the price I paid for them...

mp3's isn;t what's fucking the music scene over... it's the pretentious bullshit attitude that fans have towards them...

one second you same people are saying that the world would be better if everybody equally accepts mp3 release, then say that true fans are not coool for downloading mp3's rather than WASTING $$...

what a fucking cock suck Pavel...

I was actually beginning to like you.... but this just proves you are either fucking pathetic or fucking insane!

LOL, i am quoting this one just to show you what a douche you are in case you'll come to your senses and re-read again what i've wrote. Either that or that you have a serious reading comprehension issue. I never said I am one of those that spend dozens on original CDs on E-bay/Discogs. Many of my friends are, I have no problem with that, it's their money to spend. You are one piece of junk you know that... Hillarious reply.