is flying rhino records coming back?

Guest The Journey Man Project

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooooooowwwww....that would be great ^_^

looks like old design style....lets hope they go for the "old" sound too

and abasio.... is there a japanese female push-up-bra baseball playing league that i dont know of???? :D :d :D

I just checked their old web site which to my knowledge was rund down from the good old days but now:

http://www.flyingrhino.co.uk/

Yes indeed, i was involved in the making of a flash intro for that new site.. but i got tired a bit of things so i didnt finalize it.

No matter how much do the news about a potential Flying Rhino Records come back overwhelm me with joy, I must say I just don't see them coming back to pursue the "old" sound. I would expect so much more from such a great label!

They were known for ALWAYS pushing forward the envelope, they were amongst the first to bravely venture into experimenting with new sounds and ideas, and I just don't want their resurrection to be a re-acquirement of a sound they abbandoned 10 years ago.

Steady moving forward and progression- that is what I wanna see! :posford:

Go Go Go Go Go Flying Rhino :clapping: :clapping:

Posted Image

Funnily enough I too ended up there a couple of days ago.

ZOMG, now I get it: D5 posts an old track on YouTube with talk about a new album; Flying Rhino is coming back: 1+1 = 4! The new D5 album will be released on FR and it will be only one of the many glorious comeback albums heralding the rebirth of goa and psy! Astral Projection will ditch the cheesy fullon album they've been working and release a double album of pure goa! Infected Mushroom will publicly acknowledge losing the psy spirit and release Classical Mushroom 2!

:drama: :drama: :drama:

No matter how much do the news about a potential Flying Rhino Records come back overwhelm me with joy, I must say I just don't see them coming back to pursue the "old" sound. I would expect so much more from such a great label!

They were known for ALWAYS pushing forward the envelope, they were amongst the first to bravely venture into experimenting with new sounds and ideas, and I just don't want their resurrection to be a re-acquirement of a sound they abbandoned 10 years ago.

Steady moving forward and progression- that is what I wanna see! :posford:

Go Go Go Go Go Flying Rhino :clapping: :clapping:

Posted Image

actually i use "old" to replace words like :

-atmosphere

-real psychedelic twists and turns

-melodiies to make you go crazy with joy

-a good beat/bassline

-storyline

-intellect [bad word sorry, yknowwhatimean...deeper muzic]

-etc...

its what makes muzic oldskool for me regardless the date of creation ^_^

progression towards dullness and repetiveness, emptiness even [which has happened before] triggered the use of the word "old"

heh ^_^

D5 posts an old track on YouTube with talk about a new album; Flying Rhino is coming back: 1+1 = 4! The new D5 album will be released on FR and it will be only one of the many glorious comeback albums heralding the rebirth of goa and psy! Astral Projection will ditch the cheesy fullon album they've been working and release a double album of pure goa! Infected Mushroom will publicly acknowledge losing the psy spirit and release Classical Mushroom 2!

What a nice bed time story :wub: If I had kids I'd tell them this story every nite before bed :D

shame I don't know Rhinos music. I've heard about their music through forums since 2004, when I got online (mind you I've been a fanboy of psychedelic mzk long before.). All I read is praising words, never have I seen bad mouthing about them or their releases. It kind of feels like I'm missing out of something profoundly HUGE in the dimensions of psychedelia. :ph34r: Tell me, whats so great about their releases? :)

http://www.discogs.com/label/Flying+Rhino+Records

e. I know a few tracks here and there from acts like GNOTR, Wizard and some more from older Goa compilations.

shame I don't know Rhinos music. I've heard about their music through forums since 2004, when I got online (mind you I've been a fanboy of psychedelic mzk long before.). All I read is praising words, never have I seen bad mouthing about them or their releases. It kind of feels like I'm missing out of something profoundly HUGE in the dimensions of psychedelia. :ph34r: Tell me, whats so great about their releases? :)

http://www.discogs.com/label/Flying+Rhino+Records

e. I know a few tracks here and there from acts like GNOTR, Wizard and some more from older Goa compilations.

Jan, the main reason I love Flying Rhino for is the quality of the music they produced.

The point is the sense of humour - that's why I like UK goa trance so much.

Some drops of humour are in every British composition regardless the label factor.

You have to contact British people for quite a long time but if you do you'll understand what I mean. ;)

ooooooowwwww....that would be great ^_^

looks like old design style....lets hope they go for the "old" sound too

and abasio.... is there a japanese female push-up-bra baseball playing league that i dont know of???? :D :D :D

Yes, they are sponsored by the re-formed FRR :D

I hope they go experimental

at least like Gus Till - Dub Shadows this was a dubby feel but experimental album, I mean put breaks in it, put rock in it, put trance in it, whatever you do, do it with great attention to detail (as we know you) and make it uber-trippy :)

I mean I do not expect much more original material from goa or psytrance (if they can do it, hail)

But if they try and make fuses with acoustic instruments try to push harder, make music to trip to,

and that was their case right, they always wanted to use their own instruments, sample their own sounds, its much cheaper to do these then it used to be 10 years ago, hell even I started my own studio to do these :) These guys are good to make trippy music, they re known for their creativity, I hope they make some original acid music, music that we can listen while tripping, music we listen to relive the moments of light, and more :)

I have just realised the website design was taken from Blue Planet Corporation EP (AFR018).

The sleeve was created by Mark Neal and the single was released in 1997.

I just love the design as well as both tracks on EP. :)

Guest The Journey Man Project

sooooooo can anybody confirm or deny this?

I emailed James Munro but no reply (to be expected)...

would love them to enter the scene and make some new stuff... Gus Till's Best of Rhino Years was great, as the quality of his mixing and the mastering makes it very useful in progressive sets or goa cross overs...