You know what I dislike the most here...

devious

thorn come to Harvestfest, we'll talk smile.gif

heheh. wish i could make it that far. fuck, i'm not sure they'll let me into Canada without a bunch of paperwork BS, post 9/11 , i have a thick record...

the Japanese- HOLY CRAP i thought it was only for the rich here, wow that is out of control.

here the parties may be less ($20-35, for everything) but they are like 4-5 hours away so you better have $$ to take time off travel, good car, etc., and really most broke fools can pool together.

$150 to enter plus parking plus tent ?

the smily banging his head against a wall is missing

:banghead:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heheh. wish i could make it that far. fuck, i'm not sure they'll let me into Canada without a bunch of paperwork BS, post 9/11 , i have a thick record...

the Japanese- HOLY CRAP i thought it was only for the rich here, wow that is out of control.

here the parties may be less ($20-35, for everything) but they are like 4-5 hours away so you better have $$ to take time off travel, good car, etc., and really most broke fools can pool together.

$150 to enter plus parking plus tent ?

I also forgot to add that a party can be anywhere from a 6-12 hour drive away from Tokyo.

Oh man... that "stomp" bullshit. In Sweden it seems to make everyone a lot cooler by saying the word as much as possible. They don't even refer to parties with any other term than "THERE'S A HUGE STOMP TONIGHT MAN!", and I'm like "k".

I guess it's evolving out of ex-meth heads who turned to psytrance and have turned it completely into some newage hippie bullcrap and not understanding the actual build up of it or the origin or the creation of it.

Meth heads are good stompers :)

... or good at getting their faces STOMPED haha ha!

On any note, HEY PSYNEWSERS!

STOMP! STOMP! STOMP! STOMP YOUR FEET! STOMP YOUR FEET! STOMP! STOMP!

I bet if you make a track and incorporate a crazy sample just as that into it, you'll have a number one selling psytrance album.

ORLY?

RLY!

SRSLY!

K!

=]]]]]]]]]]]]

Aaron

Well royal doof was advertised as Psy but it sounded more like dance with like one space pad per set. There was like one good DJ there out of 8 okay ones and 1 horrible one I saw. I went to a hippy thing yesterday advetising itself as bring your own instrument with a bit of doof. Upon turning up theres your usual bongos... 30 minutes later DJ booth is set up with 2 cdjs and 2 decks and a professional looking mixer. The DJ players reggae for an hour (fair enough he's a warmup DJ) and more people gradually begin to dance up to about 10... he then plays a rather simple sounding breaksish track and then the rest of the tracks up until me leaving in disgust turn out to be hip hop. WTF WAS HE THINKING? Like once the first lyrics come in everyone but one guy leave the dancefloor and everyone there hated the music. The guy could beatmatch but I dunno wtf reading the crowd is supposed to mean but there were more people dancing to the Reggae. Fuck there woulda been more people dancing to an ambient CD.

I think overall the Psy scene here isn't too bad... nothing wrong with hippies tbh. And seriously... if I ever go to one of those things like that I'll advertise myself to the organiser as a Goa/Psy DJ for free. If he doesn't know what it is I'm sure he'll like it a lot better then mr I'm going to play hip hop at a fucking hippy fest. What a douche. Hopefully that was his first event as a warmup DJ and he never gets hired again (at least not to anywhere decent). I'm really lucky I don't live in America though... the music and feel there is crap.

... in the United States about psy parties? Every single god damned one of them is hippie oriented geared towards the people who are all into chakra alignment, spiritual shit. There's never anything that's just "PSYCHEDELIC" oriented or even space-related. It's always a bunch of dirty (hi overdose =]) smelling hippies and their spiritual practices induced by drugs.

And did I forget the "commercialization?" And what's up with americans and this term STOMP. They no longer dance, they always refer to it as STOMP(ing) and it just does not make any sense. Oh, and I forgot to also mention the 500 plus new psy dj's coming out every week proclaiming to be the next best act.

....curious as to where in this country you've been to psytrance parties that causes you to make such a generalization about parties on this continent, and where you've been elsewhere in the world that gives you something to compare things to, i've been to psy parties in Boston, New York, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, West Virginia, Seattle, California, Chicago, Iowa, Texas, Ohio, Arkansas, Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto, and to Eclipse Festival in Canada as well as parties overseas and just feel the need to tell everyone reading this that what he says is totally not the case here at all.

by the way, aum was a great social event. i'm glad i was allowed in for free. after driving 650 miles, i think i only enjoyed the social aspect. the music was the typical american "darkpsy" with absolutely no variant in tone.

There were artists booked at AUM who did not play this style music. Maybe you missed the D-Space set on saturday morning for example? Meghan from Ohio also was not playing that style music either...Paradigm was playing his usual style of full on as well. Stop making generalizations.

....curious as to where in this country you've been to psytrance parties that causes you to make such a generalization about parties on this continent, and where you've been elsewhere in the world that gives you something to compare things to, i've been to psy parties in Boston, New York, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, West Virginia, Seattle, California, Chicago, Iowa, Texas, Ohio, Arkansas, Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto, and to Eclipse Festival in Canada as well as parties overseas and just feel the need to tell everyone reading this that what he says is totally not the case here at all.

There were artists booked at AUM who did not play this style music. Maybe you missed the D-Space set on saturday morning for example? Meghan from Ohio also was not playing that style music either...Paradigm was playing his usual style of full on as well. Stop making generalizations.

I was about to post something about my set at AUM, but Lauryn beat me to it. I'll go ahead and post it anyways. ;):P

I played right after Lauryn on Saturday morning. Maybe just a small part of the beginning of my set could've been considered dark, but it certainly didn't end that way. I worked my way into some nice melodic full-on and then ended with a little bit of prog. Then Steve of D-Space went on after me with some very nice melodic prog.

Then on Sunday morning, Paradigm played some melodic full-on and Avery (can't remember his DJ name) went on after him and played some nice prog. So yeah, not every set at AUM was dark, but the majority of it was.

For the parties we (Goahead) did in Ohio over the past 7 years, we have booked all kinds of psytrance acts from the proggy sounds of Magnetrixx to the full-on sounds of Analog Pussy and to the dark sounds of Mubali.

I'll say this, the mainstage at aum, 5 days...of nothing but dark psy. sure there was a chillout area, but alas with a 2 year old present, and that chillout being down a hill, yadda yadda yadda, it wasn't worth the trek. 5 days, a little bit of good stuff, whatever. i'm writing on what i heard, what i saw, and i only heard the faint echo of the other stage. if you were on the mainstage megz, i failed to hear it, oops. maybe i was asleep?

i am just saying, there's this "dark psy" culture here. it sucks, it's boring, it's not creative, and i'm jaded, so what?

-d

I'll say this, the mainstage at aum, 5 days...of nothing but dark psy. sure there was a chillout area, but alas with a 2 year old present, and that chillout being down a hill, yadda yadda yadda, it wasn't worth the trek. 5 days, a little bit of good stuff, whatever. i'm writing on what i heard, what i saw, and i only heard the faint echo of the other stage. if you were on the mainstage megz, i failed to hear it, oops. maybe i was asleep?

i am just saying, there's this "dark psy" culture here. it sucks, it's boring, it's not creative, and i'm jaded, so what?

-d

oh, and i like guns.

-d

There is a lot of that in the midwest, but not everywhere in the us for sure. What kind of psy parties would you like to see here?

With all my love to US (no cynisism here) I think that the music they play in the parties there would kill me really fast. Aside Evan Bluetech pretty much everything that comes from the Psy scene there is a mindless noise in my ears. :huh:

eeeehhhhh......Pavel you've never been to a party here. Come to new york and your statement would be proven wrong.

What you see is a lot of psytrance PRODUCERS making so called dark psy music coming from the US....but that's certainly NOT reflective of all the music played at parties here...

if you were on the mainstage megz, i failed to hear it, oops. maybe i was asleep?

Yeah, you were probably sleeping. A lot of people were by the time I went on. ;) I was supposed to go on from 7:30-9:00am on Saturday, but the time slots were pushed back and didn't end up going on until 8:30 or 9:00. I still had fun spinning though.

eeeehhhhh......Pavel you've never been to a party here. Come to new york and your statement would be proven wrong.

What you see is a lot of psytrance PRODUCERS making so called dark psy music coming from the US....but that's certainly NOT reflective of all the music played at parties here...

Soon, soon :posford:

Soon, soon :posford:

wow, i should meet up with you. actually, i wouldn't mind, where are you going to be at region wise? east, west, central us?

let me know pavel, i may just make effort to meet up with an overseas psynooser!

-d

as far as the dark music being played in parties...

i live in san francisco and from my experience there is way too much dark music being played at parties... it's either that or djs playing commercial full-on music, with tons of breaks in tracks and no psychedelia whatsoever...

there is very rarely some good progressive being played, and that sucks imo... not enough variety, line ups don't make sense (no story being told)...

i think it reflects the music that's being release at the moment to some degree... i mean most djs want to play new music, and because most releases lack imagination it shows in their sets...

as far as the dark music being played in parties...

i live in san francisco and from my experience there is way too much dark music being played at parties... it's either that or djs playing commercial full-on music, with tons of breaks in tracks and no psychedelia whatsoever...

there is very rarely some good progressive being played, and that sucks imo... not enough variety, line ups don't make sense (no story being told)...

i think it reflects the music that's being release at the moment to some degree... i mean most djs want to play new music, and because most releases lack imagination it shows in their sets...

did you go to the tantra party last weekend?

i am wondering what people thought of the psychedelic room, i thought it the music in there was pretty much within psy and not to dark, although somewhat.

"djs playing commercial full-on music," i am just not really sure what that means.

to me , this party was less of a dark stomp stomp stomp than most of what i have seen here. in general i totally agree, wondering if this weekend was a little different.

i guess overall it was pretty dark type stuff

i could not make it to the tantra party as i was in france at the time...

by commercial music i mean 90% of the full-on music that's being released nowadays...

not all djs play that stuff but some do...

but yeah the main pb is the dark style is overrepresented (they actually call it "trauma trance" here, which i think sums it up pretty well)... even at the loveparade more than half of the line up is dark psy, and there is the goa gil party next weekend where gill plays dark psy for 20 hours straight (i went to one, never going again ...)

like i said there needs to be more progressive sounds in parties... more variety...

some years ago we used to have the thump parties with all the best live acts every month... since then it's been downhill ever since...