British psy

frozen dream

my point being the kind of psytrance which started with eskimo on balloonatic and spread out to many other artists, all containing the same kind of synthsounds and glitches/stutters, and even total song structure usually.

artists who's style applies to this:

eskimo(uk)

220 V(brazil)

bliss(israel)

painkiller(spain)

dynamic(israel)

void(portugal)

cycle sphere(israel)

mekkanikka(spain)

hmm can't remember all of them but there were a few more

it seems like eskimo handed out some presets to all of these guys and they just started to imitate him, if you just get a few songs off all of the above it easily shows...

also their sound quality and feel is very similar, maybe there could be just one producer behind the scenes who takes care of all the producing and they just go play it live :lol:

just to make a statement about it :P

nobody ever noticed?

Started with Eskimo? keh? oh! you mean the copy-cats!!

Well, shows what a talent and influence that young lad has then doesnt it...

I like Balloonatic, it makes me dance and spin and laugh, without drugs!!

Personally there`s too much snobbiness in trance now, not allowed to like the euphoric stuff, its got to be dark ,twisted and undanceable for all those closet geeks that cant dance.............and those on ketamine.

just my opinion... :)

i liked Can You Pick Me Up and Take A Look Out There very, very much!

but Balloonatic pt.1 makes me puke, honestly (except lazy beam)

balloonatic pt.2 i like a little bit better, but nowhere near his first two albums... :/

when is pt.3 out?

and does anybody have a HQ of his track 'Enjoy'

Personally there`s too much snobbiness in trance now, not allowed to like the euphoric stuff, its got to be dark ,twisted and undanceable for all those closet geeks that cant dance.............and those on ketamine.

just my opinion... :)

I am a music snob :posford:

Well I try to be but just not liking other music isn't enough, I need to start attacking more people for their choice of music. :P

Off I go to the what are you listening thread to start fights! :ph34r:

Derango SUCKS

Posford couldn't make a sandwich

Everything made after 800 BC isn't proper psy :angry: :angry: :angry:

:P

eskimo is the only purely uk artist on that list! dynamic is a collaboration between eskimo and a couple of israeli guys. not sure where mekkanika comes from, but it ain't the uk.

if you want a true reflection of british psy, check out wild things records and liquid records, and artists like flip flop, fromem_ory, beatnik & OOOD

You dare to call that brat as british psy producer ? :huh::P

You obviously haven't heard of real british psy when you can make such parallels. ;)

Colin, educate this fella about PURE british psychedelia. :D

eskimo is the only purely uk artist on that list! dynamic is a collaboration between eskimo and a couple of israeli guys. not sure where mekkanika comes from, but it ain't the uk.

if you want a true reflection of british psy, check out wild things records and liquid records, and artists like flip flop, fromem_ory, beatnik & OOOD

you're right, thanks for pointing it out!

dynamic is a duo from israel and mekkanikka is a spaniard

wtf? :blink:

eskimo started british trance? bollocks!

dragonfly was the first ever goa label, it was that mob (project2trance) that started it!

so it wasn't eskimo, it was his father (john phantasm) together with all the others that got everything started in the first place!!

cheers

Yeah, you don't seem to have a clue, do you? ;)

What about Dragonfly, Transient, Symbiosis, Flying Rhino, Koyote, Twisted, TIP, Phantasm to name just a few PROPER psy-trance UK labels? From the new stuff it's worth checking Liquid Records, Wildthings, Organic, selected TIP World releases - there's tons of wicked, innovative and truly psychedelic English music out there, so reducing it all to the ginger wonder boy is terribly wrong :)

ok guys lets look at the 1st post again

my point being the kind of psytrance which started with eskimo on balloonatic and spread out to many other artists, all containing the same kind of synthsounds and glitches/stutters, and even total song structure usually.

artists who's style applies to this:

eskimo(uk)

220 V(brazil)

bliss(israel)

painkiller(spain)

dynamic(israel)

void(portugal)

cycle sphere(israel)

mekkanikka(spain)

hmm can't remember all of them but there were a few more

it seems like eskimo handed out some presets to all of these guys and they just started to imitate him, if you just get a few songs off all of the above it easily shows...

also their sound quality and feel is very similar, maybe there could be just one producer behind the scenes who takes care of all the producing and they just go play it live :lol:

just to make a statement about it :P

nobody ever noticed?

he's not saying that all these guys are british & he's not saying that eskimo invented the british psy scene but that eskimo's style of copy & paste trance has spread to other artists.

Probably a misleading topic title though as not all british psy sounds like eskimo ginger pants