Hardstyle listening friends....

Darkarbiter

I have been reasonably impressed with some hardstyle DJs I've heard in the past. I know very little about it, but my perception (based on hearing one commercial CD and a few sets from DJ Klonez) is that, like many EDM styles, there are two sides to it: catchy commercial kitsch and a more artistically credible underbelly.

That being said, if you're trying to make a convert... try out some LPS-style tracks from RAM, NRS, and other such artists. Dealing With Morons should do the trick :)

Lol, I prefer five hours of Hardstyle over five hours of Full On, really...

Could be because I'm into Nitz as well, but for me Hardstyle is pure fun. It's pumping, mostly it's cheezy

as hell, but at least the kicks and basses are ready to blow out your brains. This is not the case

with Full On. Actually I never understood the whole thing about crystal clear kicks & crispy basslines...

Just my opinion (:

if they dont want to hear it then bring them over to your place and play it on good speakers since its your place and you have control over what music is played

thats how i do it.

many of my friends i have introduced things gently. like boiling a frog, but starting with cold water

I don't know if pushing anybody into leaving one style for another is a good thing. No matter if we talk about non-psy people converting to psy or psy-people converting for minimal or whatever. If you want to show them what you like and to convert them to also like it (like both or several styles at once) is another thing and with that approach it might also be easier to get it to them (at least that would be the case with me :P). It's quite hard to name releases for that. Maybe you should ask them what they exactly like about that style (the pace, the bass, the melodies, the effects...) and then look for similarities, that would also make it easier to recommend tracks or albums you could show them.

I had a friend who was into hardstyle, he did tons of speed, after he quit drugs he quit hardstyle (or hard house it was called back then iirc ) :lol:

tbh tube/full-on is just as bad imho