Some questions about Suntrip

Ormion

• 3 months later...

While recently browsing around all major (and a few minor) on-line music shops, in order to try and decently fill up my Christmas shopping cart with an always firm, albeit limited budget, I noticed how Suntrip Records releases were almost everywhere Out Of Stock. OK, www.beatspace.com still has the last three releases in stock, but the other shops are all emptied out.

Now, my question...:

Out of curiosity, could I/we know (if it is not a business secret not to be shared with the public) how many copies of a single CD get printed? Or maybe an average of all the releases thus far... I don't care to know the sales, the earnings, who sold most and whose album turned out to be a financial fiasco... I don't wanna know that. I would just like to satisfy my little curiosity and know what is the amount of Suntrip's releases that gets out of the printing process, and then distributed to shops?

P.S.: I apologize if I'm being too nosy, it wasn't made to provoke any fights or uncomfortable situations... :)

While recently browsing around all major (and a few minor) on-line music shops, in order to try and decently fill up my Christmas shopping cart with an always firm, albeit limited budget, I noticed how Suntrip Records releases were almost everywhere Out Of Stock. OK, www.beatspace.com still has the last three releases in stock, but the other shops are all emptied out.

Now, my question...:

Out of curiosity, could I/we know (if it is not a business secret not to be shared with the public) how many copies of a single CD get printed? Or maybe an average of all the releases thus far... I don't care to know the sales, the earnings, who sold most and whose album turned out to be a financial fiasco... I don't wanna know that. I would just like to satisfy my little curiosity and know what is the amount of Suntrip's releases that gets out of the printing process, and then distributed to shops?

P.S.: I apologize if I'm being too nosy, it wasn't made to provoke any fights or uncomfortable situations... :)

well, we print on average 1000 or a little more, and give 700 to the distributor, he has to send them to shops... the rest stays in our hands for parties etc... many are indeed sold out now... BUT... not in our own shop... (= send pm or go to www.suntriprecords.com) we still have them all in the stock :)

... many are indeed sold out now... BUT... not in our own shop... (= send pm or go to www.suntriprecords.com) we still have them all in the stock :)

Thank you for your reply.

The reason I was wondering is that Suntrip Records is still considered a relatively fresh label, and most of their releases already seem to be sold out. There are many more older, and at first glance, more known and affirmed labels which never seem to sell out their releases, or, at least not so seemingly fast. So I thought that if I knew the approximate amount of CDs printed per single release, the supply & demand relationship would be more clear to me, that's all :)

As for the PM/your own shop, there is really no need for that, as I've been a dedicated follower since day one :posford:

• 2 weeks later...