3. TRANTALOID

4. DEADLY AMPHIBIAN

5. SIN-QUEST

6. TRACTOR BEAM

7. PACHAMA

8. VISITORS

9. BRASSNECK

10. DE-CLASSIFIED

What an awesome album ! The most refreshing album of this year ! Surely the best one I've heard out of not so many this year, so I can't be all objective.

It is very psychedelic, with crunchy and funky passages, perfect mastering and awesome production, as always with Eat Static. After previous couple of albums experimenting they went back to their old, alienish style, with lots of twirls, mind breaks, hillarious samples... I won't get into deeper review coz we have masters of indepth reviews around, I have only posted this small review cause I've seen no one else put it. There was Eat Static topic in anouncement section but no real review... Eat Static prove again that they are the most serious 'unserious' musicians, making very nice retro psychedelic album, like in good ol' times. Fun is the key point of their albums and general concept. Here they made another little experiment, combining psy, breakbeat and ambient atmospheres. There is also fair amount of twistedness and bouncy edits. The track that most stand out for me is VISITORS. OMG, what a psyberdelic perfection ! Awesome !!! So psychedelic and funky. DEADLY AMPHIBIAN is also pretty stunning, twisted and psychedelic, at some stages even mean, with perfect energetic structure... BRASSNECK is also nothing short of perfect, and INVASION is good introduction to a very varied album. It is definitely the most interesting release this year. 8/10

Finally a review! I've listened to this maybe twenty times in total since I got it and couldn't find the right words for a review yet.

Only thing I can say right now (not listening to it) is that Pachama is incredibly groovy and the only track I don't like so much yet is the one with the full-on bassline; Sin-Quest.

[edit]

Invasion sounds like it could've come right off of Implant or Abduction, very oldschool feeling to it. Love it. Sucker Unit is just as oldschool, with high-pitched squeeks and alienesque industrial airplane sounds on top of a crunchy bassline. Funky shit. Trantaloid sounds like old psytrance to me. It's groovy and melodic and fun and I would dance my ass off to it. It's got me bouncing in my chair; a good sign usually. Actually, the same goes for Deadly Amphibian; twisted indeed, psychedelic, busy, in your face. Sin-Quest is the full-on basslined track, it's still danceable, but nothing too special for me. Tractor Beam, finally a track with broken beats. Nois! I am a sucker for Eat Static's breakbeats and I thoroughly enjoy this spacey drum'n'bassy track with its oldschool basses. Good stuff. Pachama has a very good buildup, it's funky and groovy and very Eat Static and I simply love it. This is gonna be played in my sets! Slightly headnodding, upbeat chilled out, with lovely out-of-this-world vocals. You know, the kind of vocals Eat Static have patented (& invented).

Visitors is also classic Eat Static; crunchy, aliens, funky, the works. It even has a violin! Cracy! Brassneck is tingly and crunchy, has some breaks, isn't very upbeat, but more spaced out and alienesque, and those chopped up vocals are their trademark. Great track indeed!

De-Classified features those aforementioned vocals that give me goosebumps. So outerworldy, so moving and trippy. Lovely chillout track, one that's also gonna get quite some play in sets to come.

All in all: oldschool, trippy, bouncy eat static at their best. Good shit! :) :)

• 4 weeks later...

The static are back! And WHAT an album to come back with. I've been on a bit of a honeymoon period with this album over the last month or two and so didn't want to review it in case my opinion of it changed over time. Well... it hasn't, I still bloody love this album. Out of all the static albums I own (abduction, science of the gods, crash and burn and b-world) this has quickly become my favourite, and by quite a long way as well, which is really saying something. This album has everything that you (well I, in any case) could want from a psy trance album: hypnotic melodies; funky grooves; lots of brain melting psychedelia and cracy, cracy synths and effects; loads of energy but with floaty, spaced out chilled moments as well; experimentation within the genre and with other genres; some great buildups and moments of supremem twistedness.

And, so let's get on with the tracks:

Invasion- I was a little apprehensive when I first heard this as the opener, thinking it might set the tone for the rest of the album. Fortunately, it doesn't. It doesn't have much energy and the samples are almost too oldschool to the point of being cheesy (even for eat static!). It does work well as an opener though: it's got some spacey floaty melodies with some funky beats. I like the way it works now after repeated listens: it almost feels as though on this track you are watching a sci-fi program, but towards the end of it things start to get a progressively weirder until you realise that your actually being pulled into the sci-fi program 6/10

Sucker Unit- This is more like it! Starts off with some alienesque ambience and droning which is kind of freaky. Especially if played loud. The chessyness is gone now and you know your getting sucked in... In comes the first psy trance beat of the album which builds and builds and builds until it literally sounds like (the musical equivalent of?) an alien invasion. Then the main beat cuts out again and in comes some squelchy, funky techno with effects going all over the place (sounds awesome on headphones/surround sound). The last minute of the song has an great build up and goes absolutely mental for the last minute before moving onto the next song 8/10

Trantaloid- The next four songs for me are the crux of the album, and are now four of my all time top rated psy trance songs. Trantaloid is exceedingly hypnotic, with a deep, dark, driving beat. There is a fantastically twisted part from about 3.20-4.00 where a strange voice that sounds like it's going 'woah, woah, woah, woah' is repeated a few times before getting sped up until it spirals out of control, the beat then cuts out and is replaced by a deeeeep bassline drone that morphs into a bassline that sounds like it had been somehow hiding under the previous one. Again, the end of the song speeds up again until we have some fantastically dark, mean psy trance. Genius song. 10/10

Deadly Amphibian- The most psychedelic song on the album. More traditional psy trance than the rest of the album, but done exceedingly well. How the fuck they did those synths that come in around 0.40 I do not know, but they sound awesome. I remember hearing the part at 2.30-3.20 (the meanest part of the song) for the first time when they played it live and I actually had to stop dancing because I couldn't understand what was happening to the music. Brain melting indeed :lol:10/10

Sin Quest- A little less psychedelic and a bit more mainstream trance than the other songs, but still great with lots and lots and lots of energy and a absolutely monstrous beat. I especially love the alien invasion trance effects that come in at around 3.50, anyone who isn't jumping up and down like a nutter to this part is deaf 9/10

Tractor Beam- Takes for itself a psy trance structure but uses a drum and bass/jungle beat. Not quite as twisted as the last ones, but very, very hypnotic. 9/10

Pachama- The tempo gets taken down quite a big notch here which is quite disappointing. This is quite a cool song, with almost a trip-hop beat and some great spaced out effects. Definately scores points on ingenuity, but kind of an anti-climax considering the last 4 stormers 7/10

Visitors- Another fantastic full on track. Very alienesque and very funky. I love the way the main melody comes back and forth in waves throughout the song. 9/10

Brassneck- Where did they get this opening sample from?! Very, creepy... This ones a bit more midtempo but still retains a good level of psychedelia. As Snapinho wrote, the chopped up vocals work like a treat in this song 8/10

De-Classified- Very trippy and very otherworldly downtempo song. Great melodies floating all over the place. 8/10

So all in all this is a definate: 9/10 for me :D

like always very experimental but very nice done, expectations are low like always and that makes albums like this very nice,

this pure psychedelic trance @ it's best...

Influences of other sub genres all over,

they created their own concept, it's it eat static we are talking about so :)

short and straight to point review seraph, perfect for this album...

• 2 weeks later...

Have you all been drinkin' from the toilet ore something?? This album sucks ARSE imo.

Very messy sound, and after a couble of listens i still don't see what genre this is... psychedelic, progressive, ambient, industrial with a touch of shit on top! Euhh this is bad... No soul, no freak ideas, no NOTHING but disappointment.

The only track i find slightly listenable is "sin-quest"

Don't understand why music(if you will call it that) like this is released...

I,ve had this album since the week it was released, I just have yet to comment on it. I love it love it love it. Did I say that I love it? Only Eat static's music can put me in the kind of mood that no other music can, it makes me get up and move like I have terrets and make funny faces. This album is brilliant with it's distorted voacals and sounds. Real psychedelic music from the major leagers. Genre defying. Touches of eerie atmospheres, and so many surprises and tricks up it's sleeve. I even have the poster of this album. I picked it up from a store in Tokyo. Of course its on the wall in my apartment. My thirst for great music is left quenched after listening to this. What more could anyone want from an album? B)

Have you all been drinkin' from the toilet ore something?? This album sucks ARSE imo.

Very messy sound, and after a couble of listens i still don't see what genre this is... psychedelic, progressive, ambient, industrial with a touch of shit on top! Euhh this is bad... No soul, no freak ideas, no NOTHING but disappointment.

The only track i find slightly listenable is "sin-quest"

Don't understand why music(if you will call it that) like this is released...

totaly agree. this album is bad. it sounds like its been made in two days, no effort has been put into sound production and quality.

this section is for Rewiewing, cause this is what this part of the forum is all about. Any offtopic comments from now on will be deleted. If you got a problem with that, then post it somewhere else or report it. Just leave your CRAP out of this part of the forum, CAPISH!?

Regards,

Nemo

What?? You started with listening to penta, and then you went down to eat static afterwards? Hmmm.... Haha, you're telling me that i need to LEARN to listen to eat static? I have learned to listen to darkpsy, i hated it when i first started the psychedelic train.... Never heard anyone say that dark psy is a phase before you "learn" to listen to eat static... haha :lol:

I didn't like Eat Static at first. Only recently I've started liking it, though seeing them live may have affected me the same way it did many others. They're really something else.

And nobody said darkpsy is a phase before Eat Static, they meant that dark psy (for some) is a phase before they learn to appreciate the nuances and small details of other (dare I say better) psychedelic music. I don't want to diss darkpsy, it just seems that many listen to it only for some time, because they want something "extreme". And all this is IMO of course.

And to the sound quality issue, I think it's good to mention it in a review. But it's not a good argument against an album. At least not in this case, as De-Classified is obviously very good soundquality-wise. (This is not IMO, this is a fact:))

But to the album. It's the best album from 07 for me. Haven't heard many 07 albums, but I doubt any of them would be better than this.

Why is it so good? Well first is the diversity. Every track is different, impossible to get bored. And it's incredible how the many different genres are melted into a whole; the album is like a journey.

It's psychedelic, it's melodic, it's funky... You can definitely tell it's made for love of the music. Every little detail is well thought. And the best thing about it are the samples :wub: . Best sample-usage I've ever heard. I can't help smiling when I hear them.

Awesome.

Finally a new album by the Eat Static's! I think if it was not for them, I would prolly not listen to a lot of the Psy-Trance that I am listening to today. I would probably still be seeking out those Acid-Trance/House tracks that so ticked me back in the time. With this album, Eat Static has shown us, that they can take their own style, and make something new with it. MEaning? Well, Eat Static has always had this sound, but it has sounded diffrent. Its an Evolution of their own sound that few artists can achieve.

The diversity of the album is something that I really like (as with the other albums as well). They show us that they master the many styles of Psy-Trance and even Chill and Drum and Bass. Or is it Psy and Bass? :) If I compare to a lot of other albums this year, the production sounds really crisp and sound. The tracks are well thought through (or maybe not, I am not inside their head, maybe they are just random and genious?) Randomness or not, the result is what counts, and it fascinates me.

This album is a lot about Samples, and of course in the good old spirit of Eat Static, ALIENS! I guess a lot of its charm is the alien sound and samples for me. When I first heard Implant, I thought this is the best ever made album, but Oh man, This album is sure competing with it! One thing that I really like about it, is the build up and track selection. When after 4 tracks of pure Eat Static magic Madness Sin-Quest comes, the rolling typical FUll ON Bassline does not matter, its the Track and not the bassline that makes the track. Eventhough I have to admit that at first I was a bit " :unsure: " when I heard it. But the track turns out to be so much more than your typical Fool Own Track :)

The downbeats? Well, same goes for them, they fit perfectly, and are like a pause/band-aid for your ears :)

I dont review a lot of Albums, but this album gets 12/10 from me, and is by far the best I have heard this year. Closedly followed by Ace Ventura, Gaudium and OOOD. (Which all got 11/10 from myself).

Good to hear that one of my alltime favorite bands still got what it takes, music AND production wise!

What an unexpected surprise. Abduction was an excellent album and I don't think these artists have ever released a poor one. Abduction is a milestone in electronica.

I don't consider this Psytrance. If people expect Psy or Goa they'll be disappointed. Eat Static has their own sound and style which generally blends various forms of trance, techno, experimental, funk, downbeat, psy, drum n' bass, and chill (amongst others).

I didn't realize they released a new album until today. Some of the tracks sound good, some not so good as someone put it. But that's my opinion. Overall I really like their funky, twisted beat and almonst constantly changing sound while remaining creative, catchy, and at times surprising. The last track is almost indescrible to me and yet there is something so elegant and beautiful about it.

It's really nice to see them back.

Well... took a few more listens to the album.... And there's still some things i don't like about it... Maby the thing frightened me first was the sudden change in synth, and sometimes a little to high octaves/high pitched for my taste... But when i look past these small "errors"(Imo:) i am starting to get the picture... Very special way to get you on a ride.. caus this IS a ride... In outa space, flowting amonst aliens and unknown planets in another solar system...

Sorry i was to quick to judge!

To other people who don't like it.. I'll recomment you give it a chance and a few more listens if you don't like it... Don't think the sound is very catchy at first, you have to get inside to see:)

Great music

Oh, my first review was deleted :ph34r:

It wasn't my usual in depth one so it should be easy to rewrite.

Now, Eat Static are a genre unto themselves & on this album the Eat Static Genre is blended with more of our more common genres, psy trance, techno, D&B, lounge & touches of Ambient atmosphere.

The 1st & last tracks Invasion & De-Classified are downbeat in the usual Eat Static spacey way with UFO samples all over the shop, which can be said about the upbeat tracks aswell. All tracks are good except Sin Quest which is a little disappointing. It's not bad, it doesn't ruin the album & it doesn't need to be skipped but it is just a bit too fullon & predictable. The album builds as well, after sin quest the tracks get better & better and the tracks Pachama, Visitors & Brassneck are not just good or great but fan-fucking-tastic!

It's a very varied album with lots of styles blended into the Eat Static style! Not the best Eat Static album but it's definitely one of the year's best upbeat releases.

Eat Static is a Rave act from the oldschool days, not a psytrance act. However they are awesome.

It does take awhile to truely appreciate them as they do not copy popular styles and in fact have been quite influential as a result. The new cd is a great cd, not as good as their best cds, but it will still challenge for the best cd of 2007.

I don't want to review individual tracks as I feel it was made to be an album length listen 9/10.

Whatever you call this music, it is fully psychedelic.

I'm so happy to witness their completion of the full round arc.

At the early nineties few of us were prepared to read and dance to Abduction and Implant, just from the sleeve.

To me, only after a simply amazing ride with Pierce at the knobs, mutants and travellers around, rolling sea a few meters away, and the planets strangely syncing, -only then- the music unleashed what it holds inside.

.:Too spacey atmospheres, too crazy sounds or too varied polyrhythms and brakes were hard to digest back then.

Now might be the time for such a genre-defying ride...

Curiously after Implant the Statics forgot all about multitrack sound architecturing in favor of linking the keyboard riden live experience with their records, and so they released several "rawer" albums in which they explored whatever had to be explored with the machines (rhythms, grooves, synthesis, effects, plug-ins,etc) in order to be able to create live the same to what they put on their albums.

For some of us, this was a terrible decision from them, since the talent and the magic still could -here and there- be guessed at their 96-2006 releases... but the full atmospherised "inside-the-spaceship" experience was mostly lost, and many times replaced by the typical "Oh, they are using that keyboard", "interesting grooves", etc.. or other earthly comments.

2007, ten years later. They show us they have been able to synthesize and connect live (obviously also at the back of soft and hardware developers who have also come a long way) whatever they required to form the ship and lift it into space again ¡¡¡ And carry us in it.

Full circle, but to a new level.

///Thanks Statics. Some might say it took quite long, but I guess timing is something that gets its best perspective by the pass of it. And I am amazed to discover what it will create now ¡¡. Did already something to Buzz up here, and possibly to frost :ph34r: somewhen.

Over the scale of 10, we'll need a new coding for this one.

Reading such reviews takes me back in time, when we just couldn't decide if Santa was for real ! I'm gonna listen to this once and decide for myself !

Be Good People !

• 2 weeks later...

EAT STATIC - DE-CLASSIFIED

SOLSTICE RECORDS

1. Invasion

2. Sucker Unit

3. Trantaloid

4. Deadly Amphibian

5. Sin-Quest

6. Tractor Beam

7. Pachama

8. Visitors

9. Brassneck

10. De-Classified

After listening to this albuma handful of times I can honestly say this is a very solid album. What's so refreshing here is the level of various styles in the Electronica genre, and the quality of the overall package. These styles include Trance, Techno, Psytrance, Breakbeat, Dub, Drum 'N' Bass, Ambient, and Downtempo. The album is also fun to listen to, unexpected on more than occasion, and includes enough groove to a pretty lasting effect on most listeners I'd imagine.

1. Invasion is a great opening track. I love it. The U.F.O. sample sets the mood for the rest of the album. The beats, rhythm, and mixing work here is excellent. The sounds are infectious, driving, and emotive! I especially love the melodies and ambient throughout. This is a very well done song and I'm really happy with it. B+

2. Sucker Unit isn't as satisfying as the opening but few it's pretty hard to compete with somethat that's pretty much flawless. It's selling point is its very psychedelic melodic sounds that create a great fusion of sounds. Some experimental work sounds cool but it seldom seems to return to its strong opening two minutes. B-

3. Trantaloid is my least favorite track on the album because of a specific melody that begins around 1:33. It's a little too goofy sounding for my taste to the point I actually find it irritating. Save I have a sense of humor. It's evident these artists love playing around. What's cool is that their unexpected, sometimes experimental parts often evolve into something better. I admire the first half but I enjoy the second. What's interesting is that it starts goes from sounding like an innocent child to a fairly dark adult, regarding the melody, tempo, and tone. Overall it's a pretty cool song, nothing great in my opinion. B-

4. Deadly Amphibian is very different from the others in that it's psychedelic and by far the most energetic song on the album so far. There is a very strong under-tone (bassline, rhythm) throughout most of the track too. I really like the altered, bubbly sounds added. It seems so simple but it's so catchy. Moreover, the sound changes up through somewhat dynamic transitions evoking new moods, sounds and beats, creating new textures, and patterns. It's very well composed and technically accomplished overall. B+

5. Sin-Quest is the strongest song since the opening to me. It's the most energized and psychedelic song on the album too, more than the last I feel. I actually wish there were more super songs like this one here. Just when you thought you've heard everything this thing has to offer, it bursts, evolves, progresses, lifts up, and pushes forward with even more energy. If it's Full On, it's an example of what a great Full On Psytrance song is to me. I just love how this song buids up, the energy, the climax and melody work, and how it breaks out. This is a fierce storming psytrance song that is highly recommended for dancing to, clubs.B+

6. Tractor Beam is the "Drum 'N' Bass" number on the album. It would sound repetitive and generic if not for all the good sounds, melodies, and other various components Eat Static decides to develop into it. After the previous two psytrance pieces, this one makes a really nice excursion. It's different and refreshing, and it's grown on me quite well after time. B

7. Pachama is the slowest track here so far. It seems like a cross between downtempo, trip-hop(?), techno, and experimental. I mean anytime there's a dog barking as a melody, well there's something you don't hear any day. The female touches are catchy. What I like is that this group doesn't play out the surprise moments or sounds because the track is often good enough; the details are there to simply compliment. The track isn't all that eventful but a comfortable one to chill to with some unique and memorable moments and melodies especially. B-

08. Visitors is a return to more energetized psy and trance with what seems to be addictive drum combos and God knows what else. These guys create some very catchy rhythms thanks to attention to good sounds, melodies, and mixing. This song can be very spontaneous, unpredictable at times. It's just fun to not focus on the music too much. Just open your mind and focus on driving, dancing or whatever. When the sound changes and breaks out or evolves into something more catchy it's all the more pleasurable. B+

09. Brassneck is less psy, more melody driven psy, breaks, and more. The initial beat becomes repetitive as it progresses and at first I wasn't impressed with the melodies. The change up is good though, especially the melodic notes that follow. It's almost like this group toys with the listener sometimes, before saying, "Hey, we know that wasn't impressive. Now check this out." B

10. De-Classified is one of the most beautiful songs I've heard all year next to the last song on Younger Brothers follow-up. I think this track would have been superb if the incoherent, gargled (computerized) voices were removed from the first third. I don't like how distracted from the romantic, mood setting music I become when they arrive. Suddanly I'm listening extra carefully because I cannot make out what is being said. The concept of vocal work could have been excellent here if the artists incorporated a real, live, female with a beautiful voice, who sang some well written [coherent] dialgoue. Otherwise the barely audible dialogue seems like Eat Static attempting to be artisty and more unqiue in the lasting impression then they had to be. Big gripe aside, I find this one of the best, most creative, emotive, catchy, and unique chill, downtempo song of 2007. It really has a flavorful sound completely different from anything I've ever heard. B+

In Conclusion, this album seemed to come out of nowhere and grab my attention. Not only can these artists pull off quality techno and trance, dub and breaks, they also create some very well done psytrance, tech-trance, and downtempo-esque numbers as well. Due to the variety in electronica styles however, some may be put off by certain tracks. Several songs are not nearly as catchy as some others, to be fair. Also, I initially didn't think the album was psychedelic enough, but this isn't a psytrance album after all. It actually gets pretty psychedelic at times. Furthermore, it's funky, and it's fun! Overall this long awaited follow-up won't shatter your senses. It's no masterpiece in my opinion, but what they did here they did very well. This is one of the best Electronica albums I've bought so far all year.

Favorite tracks - 1, 4, 5, 8, 10.

B

Samples: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=6701

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

Eat Static

De-Classified

Solstice Music

Tracklist

1 Invasion (7:48)

2 Sucker Unit (7:22)

3 Trantaloid (7:41)

4 Deadly Amphibian (7:21)

5 Sin-Quest (8:06)

6 Tractor Beam (7:21)

7 Pachama (7:28)

8 Visitors (6:50)

9 Brassneck (8:35)

10 De-Classified (6:23)

Eat Static!! Joie Hinton & Merv Pepler have entertained us for years with their twisted sci fi trance. Each album they produce is in the Eat Static genre mixed with something else. Be it psy trance, lounge, techno or whatever it is always eat static. One of my favourite groups ever. Everything from Eat Static oozes geeky class. True pioneers of trance like these guys have a lot to live up to when they release an album so each time there is the risk that they'll release something not up to their high standards or in a style that doesn't fit my tastes. I was for some reason expecting this album to be like that so I was then blown away when I finally got this extremely varied & well made album.

1. Invasion

A downbeat intro in typical Eat Static Sci Fi fashion. A sample that sounds like it's from a 1960's B-Movie and strong slowish beats. The melody is trippy & spacey with a slight acidic touch to it. Rather experimental sounds sometime sound like a trapped alien screaming. A great intro.

2. Sucker Unit

Take an atmosphere of dark alien sci fi & add to it a pulsating beat & you have this intro. The sounds are noisy & twisted like on some violent alien world somewhere in your nightmares. The beat is a strong kick. Add high pitched computer sounds & more twists & turns than an American soap opera and you have Sucker Unit. Interesting track but not the strongest here.

3. Trantaloid

Fantastic Eat Static beats right from the start with a twisted alienesque voice. The beats steady out into a 4-4 shortly but are joined by more interesting sub beats to let this track bounce. Crazy sounds fly around as you'd expect with a melody that sounds like it's trying to escape the confines of melody & burst into something entirely new. The utterly out of place sample doesn't detract but adds to the weirdness on show. A very weird track, I love it :D The crazy bleepy melody in the final act is out of this world!!

4. Deadly Amphibian

Just as weird! The sounds used as melodies are fantastic. Think twisted alien communications on sub space but fucked up as they are translated into Terran & giving an intense panicky feel. Great stuff again, all the elements come together. The beat, the bass & the crazy ass sounds while seeming random as hell work as a team to create some fucked up weirdness.

5. Sin Quest

The eat Static full on track. It has that rolling bassline so many people despise! So is it a big bag of crap? Well no not really. It's far from the best on the album but it's just as fucked up in many respects. The structure is more conventional but the sounds used are twisted alien nonsense. It's cool & doesn't let either the beat or the bassline to dominate so you can really appreciate the rest.

6. Tractor Beam

The breakbeat track is pretty damn good. The beats are so reminiscent of my original sojourns into the world of electronic club music. A very nostalgic track with an excellent 90's bassline and beat. Under all this of course is Eat Static's style of atmosphere. Spacey & weird as you'd expect. Very cool track B)

7. Pachama

The pace seems to have dropped a little & the music seems cooler. A little less fucked up. The alien feel seems closer to home. This seems more loungey & I can imagine sitting on a big sofa in some underground lounge in Shinjuku while some tall alien woman services me. An interesting track, the sudden shift of momentum in the latter half is damn nice. The cool crunchy bass at the end mixes in well with the dark alienesque screams softly floating through the wall & the melody that just drips acid over hard steel. A very interesting track.

8. Visitors

Another B-Movie type sample to start off the track. The beats start of quite tribal but are over powered by a thudding trance beat. At first the beats sound like they could be from any rubbish trance track but soon morph into some unique & amazing beats. The track moves & develops quite randomly & the weirdness factor while toned down from the insanity showed before is still pretty high.

9. Brassneck

The sample seems to describe Eat Static well, if you listen to the static then it fucks you up. Truer words have never been sampled. Another high octane track full of trippy alien weirdness with melodies that really take my brain to other dimensions. Dimensions of pure light, dimensions of energy & sound & back again. One of the best tracks released this year.

10. De-Classified

What a fantastic way to close the album, a lovely melodic downbeat track. Nice crisp beats, atmospheric rushes & a female vocal that just fits into the brain sends it away to whatever planet the lady comes from. Great atmosphere all around. How Eat Static manage to keep such sounds from beyond our galaxy is really impressive.

So Eat Static have created such a crazy album mixing in loads of different styles into their own Eat Static style. The sounds throughout are very fucked up alien sci fi. From out of this world beauty to violent war in the far future.

Definitely one of the top albums of 2007.

um , some tracks sounds like anything but psy , i got both eat static and tristans latest albums and wud say that tristan is much better then this one

dont know nothing about crazy album , coz these tracks that was released on tip recs i liked much more