Have you ever met a Psytrance artist?

Ormion

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention Vagner who was quite an anti semite and was Hitler's favorite composer. To this date his compositions are never performed in Israel. Still, i like his music a lot.

ever tried to blast his music full power through open windows for da hood to hear ya :lol:?

:clapping: ;)

I once met .. um whats his name, a Danish forest duuude. Something 'Z', hm, can't remember. Was a t a terrible wannabee forest party located by a old shed beside a highway out on the countryside of Copenhagen. Was there just to look and smoke and maybe talk to some nice people. Was sitting in a circle with some nice non artists and smoking lum, then he walks over to say hello to us (friendly act :) ). He came to me, and he presents him self as his artist name 'Z' something. Since he said that I said, Oh! I remember you, from isratrance haha. High, nice to meet you, I'm psytones. I'm just in Isra to make a fuzz. .. :) ... He looks at me funny, then he just turnes his back and walks away! :lol: wtf. haha, guess the psytones isn't very popular or something.

:P

e. a forest party gone wrong so the location was changed or something. never realy got a explanation.

:lol: psytoones :posford:

Does it make one better or worse if one met psytrance artists? Depending on the answer i'm better or worse. Bye now.

emo :D:P

A/S/L?

:lol:

Hahaa...

Oood: take a look at my profile, and you will have ALL the answers:D Im from Denmark by the way

they are kidding, unless youre a woman :D

I met Drap Drop today in a trance store in Tokyo called Quintrix. I had a few beers while talking to him about his last album and his next one that might be released on Solstice. Hes from Brazil and hes a pretty cool down to earth guy. Just like anyone else that you might bump into on the street.

I met Uriel from Wizzy Noise here in California, USA before the event even started. He seemed a little occupied listening to a track to see how it would sound on the dancefloor. I basically said my best wishes to him and he was on his way.

A great experience in my life though, that party is still the best I've been to (Although I haven't been to many). :)

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday I had to play at a party with 5 rooms and when I was walking in the VIP area there was some old and funny looking man laughing in my direction, so I asked why he was laughing :) He started brabling something about coke :blink: then some other guy came with us and because they were talking english (i'm from belgium), I asked who they were and they said they were Dimension 5 :lol:

They didn't play for seven years and Kerry Palmer told me that Nick Wenham was acting strange because he belongs in an asylum and that it was not that easy to take him away from there :P He said he took too much acid and dmt and became crazy, but he is still great with instruments he asuerd me :P

too bad the fucking cops destroyed the party, so after 7 years, there was still no dimension 5 :(

• 1 year later...

We had a party last night in the Transcarpathian forest on the border Ukraine-Slovakia. Organizers invited Zirrex for a dj set which was pity because we all wanted him live (remember Lost in Time). So i've played just after him (he played mostly oldschool stuff and his own tracks including) and talked to him for couple of minutes before he went sleepng, he was pretty tired but still was very positive. I asked him about new album, and he said it's almost ready and that "Lost in Time" will be re-released in a 3 CD BOX with some unreleased material. So, great news and a really nice guy.

hrm....either this happened with someone else as well, or i do totally recall reading about this on one of the psytrance lists around here...

I remember having some worries with him too, i never saw him but it was by email & later on by feedback with other artists frequenting him reporting me that he was speaking on my back.

In a similar case & more awful, i know that Holeg a french artist i think, that i never met or even talked about in any of my numerous reviews was bullshiting too on my back to many french people, probably due to some worries i encountered with a label , i learnt later on, this one wasn't happy of my harsh comment on one of their top name artist but they never told me at the time. It seems Holeg was quite close to this top act. When a french guy told me that all the awful rumours he got on me were coming from Holeg, i was very circumspect as i explained before , i never contact him, seen him or talked about him.

The last one, if i don't confund is Triskell, same thing, wasn't happy about some of my comments on his work through several reviews i made (it was compilations he was released on), was even insinuating by emails he sent me that i was knowing him personally & wanted to make him problems with signing a label for an album.

That's was incredibly lame as i never met him, furthermore he invented some stories by email for trying to get my phone number from me & prove people that he was saying something true about that we know each other & i was trying to make a vengeance on him... He even succeeded in getting a head label where he has been released to get back to me, to speak about that with me by email to check the thing.

I was shocked!

I just want to finish saying there's generally more sympathetic artists than awful ones, & i also had opportunity to chat with many of them through internet.

must be a party getting busted for sure. are you sure they weren't cops, pietones? :ph34r:

Well it was a Coin Club. We had a great time with insane music, then the cops came. The cops didn't enter the Club but was just outside. They then notified the Media that there was a drug party at Coin, so at least 4 News Stations with camera and reporters. We went out and they followed us everywhere. We also had a ,,celeb" from Bollywood so the Media was ecstatic with their camera and mic. It felt like a movie being chased by cameras and her, the star lol covered in a jacked to not get recognized. At a point after making sure we had lost them I got a camera and a microphone in my face with the following question: Do you Do DRUQS?!?. I made a speech about cigarettes and how unhealthy they where and recommended everyone to to quit the fags and start smoking beedies instead. They got tired of my bla bla and said 'let him go' and we found the others (including Highko),... dibbedidoo. thats it.

Fjesbok

I met Jannis Filteria in Aurora festival last summer and he's one of the coolest guys I've ever meet. Vey friendly and down to earth fella.

I also spoke a bit with Miraculix in the same festival. Another cool dude.

Tsuyoshi Susuki is a very nice man

Eskimo, well, hes a nice lad, just like his dad, John Phantasm..

Raja Ram is a star..

Rastaliens are a pair of ace peeps, i have lots of time for them:)

Seb Shakta, is dead funny...i have yet to get a pic of him that looks normal! lol

been partying since 95 so cant really remember em all offhand:) all i wanna do is dance really, i just happen to mix with the same mutual friends:)

I spoke to Simon Posford when he played Shpongle here in LA a couple years ago - I was in line at the bar waiting to get a water, and he was in front of me in the line - it was 4AM and he was supposed to come on at 3AM - I was grumpy and tired and very much sober, so I tapped him on the shoulder and when he turned around I asked/told him something along the lines of "weren't you supposed to be playing already, it's 4AM?" - he seemed taken aback and apologetic, and I felt like a bit of a jerk afterward... I didn't introduce myself or anything, I just let him know I wasn't happy to be waiting.. Not very patient of me..

I talked to Capsula a bit during a chill-out set near LA as well - he was very cool and down to earth...

Spoke to Bluetech at Lightning in a Bottle a couple years ago - told him I liked his music - he seemed kinda stuck up, or like he thought he was too cool for me or something...

Talked to Ott briefly after his set this year in LA - went up and told him "I've been enjoying your music for a long time!" - he let out a maniacal laugh and said "so have I!" He seemed a bit nutty but like someone who would be fun to hang out with..

• 3 weeks later...