Have you ever met a Psytrance artist?

Ormion

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Journey Man Project

I knew Tim Larner quiet well around the time from his Blue Neevus album to the second Zenon compilation... he lived near me in Melbourne... really awesome bloke, friendly and easy going... but we went our own ways in that I moved interstate and overseas so don't know what he's like persoanlly now, but his music is still one of th emost amazing ever, about the only artits other than Tegma who I'll buy albums from...

met Mubali (Greg) last year in Japan.. awesome bloke, really friendly and great live shows... is easy going, and enjoys a drink hehe... would love to see him again but the Aussie scene is still very anti his style (all we get is shithouse full on and a bit of proggi (which is good))

Mubali, Fractal Cowboys, Ocelot, and Penta

the thing i like best about those guys is they still go to the parties.

they don't just show up play and leave. they hang out, they're there for the party not just to be rockstars.

you can just walk up and meet them if you wanted to.

Guest The Journey Man Project

the funny thing is that often it is the "DARK" psy producer who seem to be the most friendly and easy going, with little or no ego... but ones liek Mr Posford, A.P and Full On artits seem to have this god like persona... it's why I find attitudes towards Dark Psy like Pavel funny, they must not have met many of the producers of the style...

just like most metal bands are really friendly with their fans, and great people to hang out with... but pop stars are uptight pieces of shit...

music can be a positivie way to release aggression...

the funny thing is that often it is the "DARK" psy producer who seem to be the most friendly and easy going, with little or no ego... but ones liek Mr Posford, A.P and Full On artits seem to have this god like persona... it's why I find attitudes towards Dark Psy like Pavel funny, they must not have met many of the producers of the style...

I know people who know Astral Projection very well and they are nice people. I met a few Israeli Full-On producers and they were cool two. My attitude toward Dark Psy revolves around the content not the persons that create it. Can you see the difference? I totally love Pink Floyd even though i am aware that Roger Waters is a piece of shit person with strong anti-Israeli views. Same goes for Metallica who are (except for Kirk Hamett and Jason Newstead) must be the greediest mother fuckers ever i still love their music. Not to mention Vagner who was quite an anti semite and was Hitler's favorite composer. To this date his compositions are never performed in Israel. Still, i like his music a lot.

My attitude toward Dark Psy revolves around the content not the persons that create it. Can you see the difference?

:clapping: ;)

I once met .. um whats his name, a Danish forest duuude. Something 'Z', hm, can't remember. Was a t a terrible wannabee forest party located by a old shed beside a highway out on the countryside of Copenhagen. Was there just to look and smoke and maybe talk to some nice people. Was sitting in a circle with some nice non artists and smoking lum, then he walks over to say hello to us (friendly act :) ). He came to me, and he presents him self as his artist name 'Z' something. Since he said that I said, Oh! I remember you, from isratrance haha. High, nice to meet you, I'm psytones. I'm just in Isra to make a fuzz. .. :) ... He looks at me funny, then he just turnes his back and walks away! :lol: wtf. haha, guess the psytones isn't very popular or something.

:P

e. a forest party gone wrong so the location was changed or something. never realy got a explanation.

I totally love Pink Floyd even though i am aware that Roger Waters is a piece of shit person with strong anti-Israeli views.

Really? I didn't know that.

Based on the replies in this thread it seems that Mubali is winning the "nice guy" poll.

but ones liek Mr Posford, A.P and Full On artits seem to have this god like persona...

Simon's a nice guy, I haven't met the others. All I'll say though, is that people heap a whole lot of stuff on the shoulders of artists so you mustn't be surprised if they can't be sure what people want from them when they meet new people. Treat people like gods and you'll inflate their egos; treat them like regular people and that's what you'll get. We created our 'stars'... and we created their egos.

Simon's a nice guy, I haven't met the others. All I'll say though, is that people heap a whole lot of stuff on the shoulders of artists so you mustn't be surprised if they can't be sure what people want from them when they meet new people. Treat people like gods and you'll inflate their egos; treat them like regular people and that's what you'll get. We created our 'stars'... and we created their egos.

No more smooth talk from me to you then Mr. Colin! :lol:

On a serious note though, you are 100% right about the above! :)

I sat next to some wanker named Colin on a couch in some nasty after-party in London once. He claimed to be some sort of goatrance superstargh, but I'm still not sure if I believe him, since I never saw one single hippie-groupie offer him über-shanti blow jobs. But he let me lick one of his ass-length dreds, so I guess he was a nice guy.

:ph34r: