Have you ever met a Psytrance artist?

Ormion

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just reading your signature, Colin, and do you think you've played enough festivals this year? Oh, to be a musician, always on the road, all the drugs, the women, music forever playing. What a life you must lead...

P.S. Please don't ruin it by telling me it's hard work with little to no thanks and no drugs and no women, let me keep the illusion.

Just reading your signature, Colin, and do you think you've played enough festivals this year? Oh, to be a musician, always on the road, all the drugs, the women, music forever playing. What a life you must lead...

P.S. Please don't ruin it by telling me it's hard work with little to no thanks and no drugs and no women, let me keep the illusion.

It's hard work but mostly a lot of fun, and you do get thanked. It's not all roses though - there being 4 of us means we don't get as many bookings overseas (which means we can be fairly exclusive for those festivals that DO book us - Boom, are you listening? :clapping: ) and any fee has to be split 4 ways. As of right now I've just been paid from my job (only part-time), and after paying my rent I have literally the £7 in my pocket to my name.

Don't follow my example if you need a high daily calorie intake to survive.

.... and after paying my rent I have literally the £7 in my pocket to my name.

Sounds like me. I had to sell $1000 worth of stuff from my studio last month just to cover my taxes, insurance and have enough for food. For Sept and Oct I'm still about -$500 from where I should be :(

Almost all the artists I've met have been cool, down to earth people. There has only been a few exceptions, and I don't think that it would be fair to post on this board - everyone can have a bad day.

Almost all the artists I've met have been cool, down to earth people. There has only been a few exceptions, and I don't think that it would be fair to post on this board - everyone can have a bad day.

we all love gossip. :P

Sounds like me. I had to sell $1000 worth of stuff from my studio last month just to cover my taxes, insurance and have enough for food. For Sept and Oct I'm still about -$500 from where I should be :(

did you get hit by that massive residence tax hike??

That fucking pissed me off! :pissed:

did you get hit by that massive residence tax hike??

That fucking pissed me off! :pissed:

Yeah, city taxes throughout Japan went up this year. The national tax went down a bit and th elocal governments got the ablity to tax higher. Mine went up 45%, but unlike most people who got them in May, I got might on July 21st and the first payment was due July 31st. :angry:

It's hard work but mostly a lot of fun, and you do get thanked. It's not all roses though - there being 4 of us means we don't get as many bookings overseas

Ehhhh....i recall you also have this project called voice of cod. nope. the one's never been booked overseas.... :rolleyes:

I predict colin will have a solo project one of these days...I'm waiting.

Ehhhh....i recall you also have this project called voice of cod. nope. the one's never been booked overseas.... :rolleyes:

I predict colin will have a solo project one of these days...I'm waiting.

New York has been very good to us it's true - and thankyou so much! - but even so it's a pretty rare thing for any of the projects I'm involved in to travel to play.

Solo project - I keep trying but what can I say, I'm a collaborative kinda guy. Watch this space though, you never know... mind you if I ever get round to it there's no guarantee whatosever it will by psytrance...

i've met quite a few, what with being around a long time and being a bit of an industry whore, most are top people and some have become good friends; special mention to mr oood here, and also dickster and ans. i'm gonna stop now as i've started to sound like some horrible name dropper and no-one wants to hear about who's nice anyway ;)

seeing as everyone wants dirt, i'll give you a bit... 2 acts that don't fall into the above bracket are yotopia... farken prima donnas of the highest order, and chromosome who's a twofaced cnut. i'll probably regret saying that, but it won't be the first time my big mouth has got me into trouble :P

New York has been very good to us it's true - and thankyou so much! - but even so it's a pretty rare thing for any of the projects I'm involved in to travel to play.

New York will always be good to you. B)

Posted Image

...or is that the mojitos?

Solo project - I keep trying but what can I say, I'm a collaborative kinda guy. Watch this space though, you never know... mind you if I ever get round to it there's no guarantee whatosever it will by psytrance...

Ahhhh I never said anything about a psytrance project....

You forget I've heard the solo non-psy stuff before... :ph34r:;)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mike Indidginus

one can only hope :D

They've got an event called Balkanology here in South Africa that does the polka thing - it's quite frightening.... Colin OOOD & I were treated for shock after attending one.... I've been afraid of the dark ever since....

Want to do a NET collaboration with me?! :D

They've got an event called Balkanology here in South Africa that does the polka thing - it's quite frightening.... Colin OOOD & I were treated for shock after attending one.... I've been afraid of the dark ever since....

Yeah... give me funky vocal house any day.

Ive met a few.... Met Quasar and Mubali at Goa GIl's birthday in 06. Nice dudes. :D

seeing as everyone wants dirt, i'll give you a bit... 2 acts that don't fall into the above bracket are yotopia... farken prima donnas of the highest order, and chromosome who's a twofaced cnut. i'll probably regret saying that, but it won't be the first time my big mouth has got me into trouble :P

That's weird cause i remember Yotopia as two really nice guys :blink: