Have you ever met a Psytrance artist?

Ormion

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had my picture taken with Simon Posford on two occasions now. And everytime I was too shy to say a single word. He probably thought of me as a weirdo :). But he seems really friendly and makes funny faces for the camera. Nice bloke. Maybe I'll buy him a beer next time and ask how he comes up with all those weird noises.... And when that Metal Sharon-album will come out.

I shook hands with Prometheus at Earthcore in 2006 and chatted with Chicago on the dancefloor a couple of hours later. Just brief hello's and how-are-you's.

Also, I chatted with a guy from Ozric Tentacles at Sonica 2006 and bough the Arborescence album. He had a nice selection of their CDs next to the stage.

I almost met Ott, Tristan and Youth on a couple of occasions. But I am too damn shy. I can't help but feel a little awed in the presence of these talented musicians, whose art has enhanced my life over the years. Silly me ;)

I'm a real noob but.. how do you find more information about festivals and parties where really famous artist take place? I have to get my ass over there cus this sucks :(

I'm a real noob but.. how do you find more information about festivals and parties where really famous artist take place? I have to get my ass over there cus this sucks :(

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showforum=6

http://www.goatrance.de/goabase/

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewdir.php/forum/49

http://www.badboll.nu/ -> events (swe)

http://www.swedish-mushroom.com/ (seems to be down atm but usally works)

I'm sure there are even more places to look

I had in my car:

Dino Psaras

Andromeda

Gaudium

Biotouch

Mechanix

All of them very nice people, with no air whatsoever. Had good chats with them. Dino and the Gaudium guys fell sleep during the ride because of the alcoholpercentage in their blood :rolleyes:

OOOD - brittish-charming, very smart, good sense of humour, cool guys, .. and hot! Very nice guys, very sociable, they have been the center of the attention in the backstage area that night. If they have nothing to do, they just invent stuff, like various games during which they crack a lot of jokes and silly remarks that brings up good mood.

Posted Image

Moni & Ryo and Rama from OOOD, and a hackeysack :D We had Philipe (Sensifeel) playing with us too that weekend.

If there was a thread about which cool psytrance fans artists had met, Moni would be somewhere at the top of my list.

I can confirm to all of you that colin oood is the biggest tosser in the whole wide universe :P

I beg to differ!!

he`s one of the loveliest fellas i have met :) :)

Good one :)

OOOD - brittish-charming, very smart, good sense of humour, cool guys, .. and hot! Very nice guys, very sociable, they have been the center of the attention in the backstage area that night. If they have nothing to do, they just invent stuff, like various games during which they crack a lot of jokes and silly remarks that brings up good mood.

Yeah, he is the man, completely cabbaged person. :lol:

Colin is a very good person. Nice man who creates nice music.

i've met quite a few. not because i like stalking artists or anything, but mainly through helping my mate who's into organising parties for some years now..

so mr towelie i am not giving you an autograph as all these are chance acquaintances...

one of the weird encounters was ubar tmar. i say weird because i dont speak japanese and he doesnt speak very good english. i was helping out the organisers and spent lots of time with him, drove for a day-excursion, etc easily one of the most simple, fun, but dedicated people i've ever met in general!

will never forget a live set he played "in private" and the methodology he makes his music with (mathematics i dont comprehend)

an unexpected encounter was james reipas. i did not expect to meet him but as i was a permanent helper back then, i became a tourist guide for him and his girlfriend. it was summer so we went for a swim and later to visit the acropolis.. fun people both of them, it was a pleasure.. i felt just like hanging out with friends..

texas faggot... LOL. met both but spent more time with pasi. even stayed at my place when i was staying in london for a few days. anyways what can i say.. both are very down to earth and fun loving people, always ready to crack a joke.

i think ive seen pasi at least 3 times now and hes the same happy guy every time. in a way the music is a mirror to the soul (!?) in a good way!!

frank e.. had a quick chat at glade (joined our chillum company because of a common friend). its not correct to say i was impressed by him being down to earth (since everybody should be like this, no matter if they're famous or whatever) but the guy was really cool and simple. considering he had better things to do for sure and that we have some age difference as well i was surprised when he casually started asking me questions like what do you study?, etc..

nam shub of enki (phil).. met him twice.. from being chilled at a couch to putting up posters in athens.. phil is a pleasure to be around.. feels like you know him already, nice australian humour! i think ill meet him again at some point..

metropol.. mario from spain making experimental and ambient music.. first met him in madrid during a festival (decibelio). he and his girlfriend gave me and my mate free food they got in the artists hang-out. need to say more? very good simple folks. been nice to see them in athens as well and have a chance to chill together ;)

all the artists i've met were really cool. like your friends in "the scene" who just happen to be writing the soundtrack.. nothing more, nothing less..

I met plenty of artists at festivals or parties, but that s not "really" meeting somebody right¿

I had the pleasure of having the following artists at my house or taking them out to diner: Gaudium, Jaïa & Liquid Soul. The main thing they all had in common zas that they didn t want any hard drugs, at allll

And ppl still say we are a drug-scene¿

***fucking Peruvian keyboards***

Posted Image

Moni & Ryo and Rama from OOOD, and a hackeysack :D We had Philipe (Sensifeel) playing with us too that weekend.

If there was a thread about which cool psytrance fans artists had met, Moni would be somewhere at the top of my list.

Aaah, I loved those jeans, I broke them while playing hackeysack (under the behind pockets).