Have you ever met a Psytrance artist?

Ormion

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst I've met was Eskimo. He was a stuck-up ponce.

:lol:

Aww bless.... he tries so hard to be cool............ but bless, he has lived with top djs all his life so it was bound to rub off on him....

(daddy John Phantasm, hence *Junya*as he started off, that is when i first met him:) )

I spoke to Kindzadza in London in March, he was very friendly, especially considering that I probably came across as a total fanboy sadcase. I also spoke to Polyphonia a couple of days ago - he told me his album should be finished in a month or two, which is good news. Introduced myself to Colin at Glade this year as well.

I have only met Eskimo when he was here in Canada for Motion Notion 2006. He seemed pretty cool, was nice to me! and everyone else wanting to get a picture with him. A few of the promotors told me he really enjoyed playing here.

had a chat with silicon sound when he came to san francisco.... very cool and easy going.. and he answered all the questions i had about music production...

even agreed to listen to my tracks and give comments if i sent him some... which i never did ...

I want anyones autograph who has met a psytrance artist

Good one :)

I met quite a few... let's start the gossip!

ATMA - for obvious reasons... he lives in my town

DALI - she was just introduced to me, we just had a short dialogue. To be honest i wasn't tempted to have a conversation, for obvious reasons. She seemed nice, but I heard that evening that she "offered herself" to a guy from the line-up (his identity will remain censored), and he refused her. Knowing him, I can understand why.

S-RANGE - we didn't talk much, cause he just kinda stood in his corner most of the night. I guess he's shy.

FROMEM ORY - we hung out (as a group), cool and cheery guy, he rolled ciggies all the time, all over the place (just some of them were spliffs)). He's very serious about his music, the night before the party he actually revised everything on his laptop as if he was preparing for an exam.

OOOD - brittish-charming, very smart, good sense of humour, cool guys, .. and hot! Very nice guys, very sociable, they have been the center of the attention in the backstage area that night. If they have nothing to do, they just invent stuff, like various games during which they crack a lot of jokes and silly remarks that brings up good mood.

Sensifeel - smart guy, sociable, with incredible sense of humour (not many french people have it), sociable.

Meller - we just spoke briefly, they were wearing shirts that said "Meller", which i found weird, their hair was full of gel, they looked a bit like clubbing guys. I didn't make an opinnion about them, but i think they are allright.

And having been part of TC2005, I met many people from the line-up. I'll mention a few (in alphabetic order):

Bluetech

Disham

Haltya

Kiwa

Krumelur

Loopus in Fabula

Midi Terranien

Procs

Sienis

Squaremeat

Talpa

Tamlin

Trold

Whicked Hayo

Some of them I just met briefly, some of them we hang out a lot and talked a lot. Most of them are cool people, except maybe Kiwa or Haltya, who acted a bit strange (maybe they drank too much or somehting). One of these guys was looking for his shoes at some point and asked me if I had seen them. Then they did some trouble on the stage. Because of a rain, the acts were delayed, and they didn't have patience to wait for their turn, they just invaded a dj and stopped his music, and told him to leave the stage.

S-RANGE - we didn't talk much, cause he just kinda stood in his corner most of the night. I guess he's shy.

Yes, he is ... although as I had a chat with him last year he didn't come across that shy. Maybe a bit reserved, but he's a cool guy. Answered all the questions I had. I think his shyness has lessened over time (as far as I know you told me you met him years ago)...

I can confirm to all of you that colin oood is the biggest tosser in the whole wide universe :P

I want anyones autograph who has met a psytrance artist

i think if erez would look me in the eyes i would have a heart attack on sight :lol:

I met tons on parties and via Suntrip of course, and actually, like what was said here before... It are only humans :P Lots of very nice people between them, some even became friends! :)

The most positive ones (in no particular order):

Ka-Sol

The Muses Rapt

Khetzal

Indidginus & Oood back then on the psynews summer launch (2002)

Silicon Sound

Nolax

Solar Quest

Troll Scientists

Filteria

And the negative ones:

Max Lanfranconi (Etnica)

LB

Here's the story: I recently bought the new Twisted DVD and it included interviews, one of them from Simon Posford.

Like I said many times I'm not a big fan of his music and for some reason I always thought he has this celebrity kind of attitude. But after I watched him on this DVD I realize that this guy is one of the coolest in the face of the earth!

He was smiled all the time, he was funny and he looked kind of shy too.

I haven't met any artist in person (just some local DJs) but here are some artists I've heard they're really cool.

Astral Projection (always smile, always talk to fans etc.)

Shift (a guy that met him, told me he's a very kind person)

KinDzaDza (freak of nature :) )

Post the ones you met Good and bad!

I had a gig opening for Astral Projection years ago. The vibe of those guys changed my life. I met a couple others, but nobody as truly spiritually friendly as them. Before I feared that psy trance acts of the AP caliber were unreachable but they were so friendly. Let me put it his way. One of them brought their father to the gig (in MIAMI) and he made an effort to speak broken yet understandable Spanish with me :)

The Infected Mushroom dudes were cool too. I asked Erez why he was selling out with the new sounds (circa 2006) and his smile disarmed me. I guesss I was missing the point.

Aside from that I have met local and American psy DJs. Cool people in general, with a couple douche bags sprinkled around, of course.

I also met myself and think i am a completely full of shit superstar DJ who touches nothing except $1500 mixers. (kidding)

Lost Buddha

Bingo, in real life he was actually cool... but ah well, aftewards...

About Max Lanfranconi, he is thé biggest drug head I ever met... serious :)

I've met other drug addicted artists, but not like him... Bleh

Also, I met Erez back in 2000 in the backstage of a Belgian party, he was a very nice guy, we had a long and nice chat (I remember afterwards I was like WOW, I talked with HIM, it seems like I have been a groupie at least once :posford: ), while Amit was kinda grumpy it seemed to me... :)

The Infected Mushroom dudes were cool too. I asked Erez why he was selling out with the new sounds (circa 2006) and his smile disarmed me. I guesss I was missing the point.

whaaaat???

ok i'm dead now *whilst listening blue muppet*

Also, I met Erez back in 2000 in the backstage of a Belgian party, he was a very nice guy, we had a long and nice chat (I remember afterwards I was like WOW, I talked with HIM, it seems like I have been a groupie at least once :posford: ), while Amit was kinda grumpy it seemed to me... :)

you met him too :blink:

woa i'm coming to the next party to touch you on the shoulder!!!

I'm not sure if this is relevent by Infected mushroom really piss me off. They spammed my myspace with "vote for top 100 DJ" when chances are most of the people haven't seen them and besides they aren't even electronic anymore. At least Chi Ad bothered to say thanks for friend add. I would really love to meet some Psy artists though... too bad Penta was only on at Royal Doof at like 3am.

I'm not sure if this is relevent by Infected mushroom really piss me off. They spammed my myspace with "vote for top 100 DJ" when chances are most of the people haven't seen them and besides they aren't even electronic anymore. At least Chi Ad bothered to say thanks for friend add. I would really love to meet some Psy artists though... too bad Penta was only on at Royal Doof at like 3am.

You would be surprised to know how many of the bigger artists that use myspace bots for everything, for example that thanks you got from Chi Ad was the same as everyone else gets from him ;) its nothing personal.. its automated, also a common thing that people use that i hate is automatic friend adder bots, that adds people based on what musical genre they have choosed in their preferences/settings.