Have you ever met a Psytrance artist?

Ormion

Here's the story: I recently bought the new Twisted DVD and it included interviews, one of them from Simon Posford.

Like I said many times I'm not a big fan of his music and for some reason I always thought he has this celebrity kind of attitude. But after I watched him on this DVD I realize that this guy is one of the coolest in the face of the earth!

He was smiled all the time, he was funny and he looked kind of shy too.

I haven't met any artist in person (just some local DJs) but here are some artists I've heard they're really cool.

Astral Projection (always smile, always talk to fans etc.)

Shift (a guy that met him, told me he's a very kind person)

KinDzaDza (freak of nature :) )

Post the ones you met Good and bad!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Hohmann of Para Halu. Nice guy, not too star-like behavior though not too willing to talk to people at parties. Only doing his job and he's doing it perfectly.

Also Phobos Azazel, he's like OMG WTF I'LL BLOW YOUR BRAINZ when playing :/ But kinda shy and definitely no star-syndrom.

Never talked to anyone else.

Yes.

I was at one of my mum's concerts after parties and the guy who lived with the guy who's place the party was at made DarkPsy.

Apparently he liked Heavy metal as a kid. Yeh so we ended up talking about music in general and that was pretty cool... he also burnt me a lot of good CDs. Like 9 pills and Send in Send Back by The Delta. Damn they were good cds.

I generally don't bother out-of-town artists when they come in to play a set around here... often they seem haggard and a bit worn out (probably from the plane ride) and I figure, well, why trouble them? But every now and then I do get a chance to hang out with one of the known names. I can say, for instance, that Frank E is extremely laid back--he just smiles a lot and enjoys the local organic produce. Human Blue was a really nice guy--one of the very few I've seen come off the stage from his set to dance to the next act and socialize a bit. He stayed out a while, and I eventually met him up at the crew quarters at this festival we were both playing at deep in the mountains of B.C. Very friendly guy, and he really seemed to like Canada. Generally, I find most artists very down-to-earth; here in Toronto the acts we bring in will often come out to the afterparty, DJ a bit for fun, or just hang out with the local regulars. I know Gus Till and Mapusa Mapusa were out and active for most of their weekend here, hanging out at people's houses or throwing down a set at an impromptu beach party, although I was not around for either. Really, I cannot think of any incident where things went all pear-shaped with an international artist visiting here. They've all been quite reasonable from what I know.

I have done security at many psytrance events here in Japan, so I have had the pleasure of going back stage many a time. I have personally met Protoculture, Talamasca, Atomic Pulse, Fatali, Headroom, Son Kite, Psycraft, S.U.N. Project, Nomad, Absolum, Silicon Sound, Synthetic, C.P.U. and many many more names that I forgot to mention or just cant remember. B)

hmm. mixed results

xenomorph was in the crowd here enough he was pretty cool, but i didnt really meet him.

same with hux flux.

the guys from Infected were pretty cool when i spoke to them briefly

ollie wisdom- kind stuck up too cool for everyone, didn't bother trying to meet him when i had the chance

CPU- hey so who is that besides Sam?? max, sam, and nick were really awesome as biodegradable

and not bad separate but hey Nick you are a real bummer - last time in SF you let your label forbid you from playing an hour at a tiny weekly??

give me a break, and more importantly to the label - SCREW you - not like nick and sam were making house music and hosting parties for 15 year old cyberpunks when i met them.........

if those guys hadn't later met the Koinenea (sp?) people, and then been taken into the trance scene....

the SF people are why the label even gets to make $$$ off nikka and he isn't allowed to play here?

i could understand if it was for $$ or even near the place he was being paid to play, but it wasn't.

i like those guys, but it is lame the label has that kind of control, seems the opposite of the idea here

Nueromotor- that fred quit didn't he? heheh this is the most fun part.

to make a long story short he thought he was going to kick my ass once for making some comments online about his dangerous use of high frequencies, really dangerous overuse of white noise.

he sent me a threatening email, so i sent him my number to arrange a meeting since he was in town here.

then i guess someone told him he was going to have a real hard time kicking my ass, and he apologized by phone.

he did figure out what track was blasting eardrums, said he wouldn't play it that way again, then i heard he did it to the people in NY anyway.

i don't know if ocelot or penta count yet, but i think they're both pretty good, local people , and oh yeah

deeper in zen james, all very cool people. i don't know penta personally , but i see him around, seems well liked.

nobody likes me (usually with fair reason) and james and ocelot have always still been really cool to me.

who else. ..

that girl from analog pussy. i hate getting compliments from attached women, but very nice also.

i'd say it splits down the middle, about half of the acts i've seen, they come in, play, and split, think they are rock stars, too cool for everyone.

the other half hangs out after, maybe plays a little local show or something, are accessible

not that there aren't all kinds of in between

What!? No stories about Goa Gill, OOOD, Ott?? :rolleyes:

Gnome, you met Fungus Funk, so cool. It's nice to know that he's a light hearted funny guy.

If someone sees Psykovsky around, send my greeting. Tell him Psytonesky sais hello ;)

people are people - some are God's messenger like in what they bring to us as a gift.

I missed meeting Simon Posford at a afterparty at a friends place once :( ..

I properly wouldn't have chatted much with him anyway, but it would be kool to be in God's presens :P

Nueromotor- that fred quit didn't he? heheh this is the most fun part.

to make a long story short he thought he was going to kick my ass once for making some comments online about his dangerous use of high frequencies, really dangerous overuse of white noise.

he sent me a threatening email, so i sent him my number to arrange a meeting since he was in town here.

then i guess someone told him he was going to have a real hard time kicking my ass, and he apologized by phone.

he did figure out what track was blasting eardrums, said he wouldn't play it that way again, then i heard he did it to the people in NY anyway.

hrm....either this happened with someone else as well, or i do totally recall reading about this on one of the psytrance lists around here...

Adam Hohmann of Para Halu. Nice guy, not too star-like behavior though not too willing to talk to people at parties. Only doing his job and he's doing it perfectly.

True. I congratulated him after his set at a rooftop party and he seemed very distant. seemed like a nice guy tho.

the tall guy from vibrasphere is nice to speak to.

Well, I don't really "meet" artists (you know, for a beer or so ... although I'd really like to go drinking once with some of the guys) ... but mostly when there's somebody international coming here and plays a good set I try to walk up to them later and tell them that their set was good and maybe have a little chat ... that's what I do. Well, at least "try to do", because sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes I really want to go up and ask them something, sometimes I couldn't care less...

I can confirm that Human Blue is a very cool guy for example. Also Feuerhake. S-Range too. Atmos is cool too, but he was one of those who were in a hurry to catch their plane. And the Astral Projection guys are cool ones too ... went up to them and Avi hugged me, just because he felt like it obviously, haha...

But that's what I really like about this scene, well, in fact about the whole more underground and not well known styles of music: it's a familiar atmosphere on parties and all that, it's possible to walk up to DJs or artists and say hi, they don't hide behind a wall of securitys or iron barriers as it's the case with other, more popular kinds of music. But actually I can understand that. If a "star" would be so open and talk to every fan, he/she wouldn't be able to go to sleep for three days after a gig because so many fans wanna talk, wanna have something signed. In that sense I'm actually very happy that only so "few" people listen to psy...

Dick trevor

Eskimo

Tsuyoshi Suzuki

Mark allen

System7

Ott

Billy Cosmosis

Chrisbo

John Phantasm

Rastaliens

Chi-Ad

Namshub of Enki

Vlado

there has been so many i cant remember them all! i can tell you where and when i met everyone i have met,i could even tell you the convos i had. but crap at remembering names ...

(i have been on the psy scene a long time:) )

I have a question.. do most of the people on these boards know each other IRL? You guys are having all the fun and I feel like I'm the only one that likes psytrance in the central part of Sweden. :(

I have a question.. do most of the people on these boards know each other IRL? You guys are having all the fun and I feel like I'm the only one that likes psytrance in the central part of Sweden. :(

travel to göteborg and you'll meet prio alea and x-scream (who I met, coolest guy) :)

I can confirm to all of you that colin oood is the biggest tosser in the whole wide universe :P

I beg to differ!!

he`s one of the loveliest fellas i have met :) :)

I never have but missed hanging out with posford for a whole week in 2000. I made friends with the promoter a few months later and Simon stayed at his house for the week. He did sound like a really cool guy. I know when the same guy brought Juno Reactor he said they acted like rock stars, needed a certain type of hotel, a laundry list of stuff they needed in the room, cartons of cigs. Simon just slept on the guys couch the whole time.

I also went to get stoned instead of picking koxbox up from the airport, that was kind of stupid in retrospect.

Then i moved to a different city and a few months after that all my friends there got Penta smash drunk at a bar and I missed that too....:)

I've met a few...

Son Kite was probably the coolest though. We had a long talk backstage and both the guys were super cool and down to earth... They really liked my reviews too. =)

I've also had pleasant talks with Koxbox and Astral Projection. For the superstars they were, they seemed extremely friendly. XV Kilist was cool to meet too, though I was too wasted to be coherent. Colin O.O.O.D. I only met briefly, but I could tell he was super-cool. ;)

The worst I've met was Eskimo. He was a stuck-up ponce.

I never have but missed hanging out with posford for a whole week in 2000. I made friends with the promoter a few months later and Simon stayed at his house for the week. He did sound like a really cool guy. I know when the same guy brought Juno Reactor he said they acted like rock stars, needed a certain type of hotel, a laundry list of stuff they needed in the room, cartons of cigs. Simon just slept on the guys couch the whole time.

I also went to get stoned instead of picking koxbox up from the airport, that was kind of stupid in retrospect.

Then i moved to a different city and a few months after that all my friends there got Penta smash drunk at a bar and I missed that too....:)

:lol:

I want anyones autograph who has met a psytrance artist

sedn me the moneyz1