VA - On the Right Path (Psylife Music 2007)

pigs on the wing

VA - On the Right Path (Psylife Music 2007) CD

01. Para Halu - baharica biknindo

w&p Adam Hohmann and Andras Fekete, Hungary

02. Ocelot - bomshakalakabom

w&p Aaron Peacock, USA

03. TSAbeat - blackoutput

w&p Elad Weinberg, Israel

04. Encephalopaticys - athma

w&p Vasko Velickovski, Mazedonia

05. Megalopsy - zalig

w&p Matias Benamo and Nicolas di Bernado, Argentinia

06. Phobos Azazel - metal drops

w&p Darko Novevski, Mazedonia

07. Chemical Spoon - final destination

w&p Pal Trenscsenyi and Tamas Barsony, Hungary

08. Blisargon Demogorgon - black and white

w&p Valentino Trencev, Mazedonia

09. CPC - radio boga

w&p Vlad Radostavin, Russia

10. The Path - stories from the purgatory

w&p Peter Takacs and Adam Hohmann, Hungary

with the first output on his own founded label, Adam Hohmann from Hungary made me very anxious to listen to the first compilation from his new founded label as I learned to love the work the Para Halu guys brought to me the last years. they were always focusing on the patiently builded up trip evolving to massive stories. lets see what this promissing line up delights me with.

First the two dudes from Hungary themselves turning some knobs. they build up a very nice track as i know it from them. more technoish with so much little hints to listen to. its getting more complicated through the end, more tripped out but still with the instinctive feeling to calm you down after this massive drive they are known for and not let you being smashed after. very good track with its rolling style, not too dominant … a proper start for the disc.

Aaron from USA has another special track to take part with. he uses these special settings in his gear makes his work so regognicable. a cool trippy playful track with the kicks in their right position and a few sweet surprises. at overall a decent track by Aaron..

Elad Weinberg here as TSAbeat, also in several other projects active, has the first real twisted acidgem to delight me with.. i am happy to see him popping up more and more in the last time.. this is a bubbling jumpy intelligent builded up funny goodie. enough changes to keep me moving and with this grin he spreads in his work throughout. .great one!

Vasko is one of my favorites for long time already. he and his friends from Atriohm just made us a so damn fucking killer tripped out night on Psycrowdelica festival last week. with "athma" he contributes another spacy tripper. it starts smoother with these rippling gargles i like so much. morphed soundscapes build up a catchy atmosphere from beginning, and again he has me catched deep in his cosmos. crafty setted elements and sparingly filled with a wide spread range of acids, always enough, never too much he tells the story in a very psychedelic way .. and again, i love this shit! killer track ..

the two very sympathic dudes from Argentine also played a killer set on Psycrwodelica

and preluded the trippy night for us followed up by the Mazedonian Crew. this is very

trippy stuff as we know it from them, but always with the approach to the lighter side

of psy. . i notice how much effort they put into their work .. and with a very precise

feeling for the right moment they implement a lot of juicy elements in a sober way and

have the overview to make it very well sorted out .. highly psychedelic stuff!!

Darko Novevski as Phobos Azazel has this deep growly baseline making the track to a darker low frequency orientated treat. Also from Mazedonia he obviously have to focus the tripper side of psy …. and with sharp acidloops biting me … hypnotic atmoshpheres keep me stumbling he manages it to keep my attention . .. a trip for sure, but latest after the long break around 4:30 it looses sense a bit as well doesnt catch me after the kick so much. a decent one in my bloody opnion.

the Chemical Spoon dudes catched my attention for quit some time already. atmospheric

samples jingle around and a decent groove drives me deeper into it. . .the acidloops getting sharper and they use a few tricks tryintg to kick . .. not my cup so much, but they keep the powerful drive .. a few more changes might not hurt here ..

Valentino from Mazedonia also longer time present in the scene, already released his album and appears freqently on samplers worldwide. "black and white" starts with a deeper understatement like groove and hypnotic attitudes. .. he does not freak out so much in this technoish manner I know him in the past. . . he keeps the hypnotic backrounds, changing in its manner sometimes a bit, but making this track to a ride with no real climax .. i dont need such parts in tracks..good tune!

Vlad CPC is a russian who uses to act from the backround. here or there he appears with his typical harder approach as well very well hitting highs garnished on a phat pumping baseline. in general not so much my cup as i like it playful with the sensitive feeling for acidstructures. Vlad never showed up with this, he convinces with deep russian morbid soundscapes on his known average productionlevel. not so much my cup, but fits very nice in the flow here ..

the last track is made by the Para Halu guys .. they founded this project “The Path” and on the cover Andras is first mentioned so i presume he was the leading hand in its creation here. more pumping than in their long known project but definitely not less playful arranged and on the other hand smoother attitudes and a perfect close up for this cd ..

I needed a few drives on this cd to appreciate it in its whole idea … its been a good ride from beginning to end, preluded by hungarians as well finished in a very proper way by them. Some tracks are not so my cup, but as mentioned above I can enjoy the flow in which such tracks have to appear. Some tracks are very playful with lots of lovely acids to discover .. psychedelic cd .. respect from my side for such a first output!

Thx for the music

BooM

Review by ILSE

• 3 weeks later...