UX is back

HolyLight

but youve heard it, right :)?

Yes I have ;) But still haven't managed to get a hight quality version of it... could hope this could lead to a re-release??! I know its very optimistic hopes :P

but yeah I would really like to get it ;) ... someday....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who said there is going to be only kris?

The original post states 'so watch out for future releases as "Kris Kylven" goes back to live in London where the crew will be working on some new material...'

I suppose that's a bit ambiguous, but I originally read it as meaning this is Kylven's project. Reading through a second time, I could see it meaning the original line-up of Martin & Kylven... which, I figure, would be even more interesting, given Martin's direction over the last few years with Coburn.

I had a long chat with Kris after my set in Konemetsä in Finland. Very cool dude. He said it will only be him making the new UX album. I told him: if you are thinking of turning this to some kind of full-on, then better don't start this project at all and he seemed to understand what i meant and said this was not the case. I think it will be agressive, but i except to see alot of industri and noise influences there aswell as some guitars. This is his style. Neverless, i believe it will be very fresh as he is a very talented musician. He was actually more than Brain Filter. He also made music under Syb Unity Network where he made some excellent tracks such as space puppy and sun invaders..

As for Pete Martin who was/is also an excellent musician. He makes more than house today. He is also behind some pop projects. Can't remember what Kris said since i was abit wasted..

Last but not least: a funny detail. There is a sample in the master of the universe album which "jumps". And its the same in the vinyl. This was from a "shitty and boring" sample cd as kris said. So he took out his keys, scratched the whole cd, played the fucked up voice from all the "jumping" and sampled it. And it fitted perfectly :D

Anyway, enough of babbling. have a good night :)

I had a long chat with Kris after my set in Konemetsä in Finland. Very cool dude. He said it will only be him making the new UX album. I told him: if you are thinking of turning this to some kind of full-on, then better don't start this project at all and he seemed to understand what i meant and said this was not the case. I think it will be agressive, but i except to see alot of industri and noise influences there aswell as some guitars. This is his style. Neverless, i believe it will be very fresh as he is a very talented musician. He was actually more than Brain Filter. He also made music under Syb Unity Network where he made some excellent tracks such as space puppy and sun invaders..

As for Pete Martin who was/is also an excellent musician. He makes more than house today. He is also behind some pop projects. Can't remember what Kris said since i was abit wasted..

Last but not least: a funny detail. There is a sample in the master of the universe album which "jumps". And its the same in the vinyl. This was from a "shitty and boring" sample cd as kris said. So he took out his keys, scratched the whole cd, played the fucked up voice from all the "jumping" and sampled it. And it fitted perfectly :D

Word! Syb Unity Nettwerk - Space Puppy and the track Morphogenesis are very much in the same vein as the UX tracks, i remember when i heard it for the first time on the sun trip goes forth CD wich also featured the UX track: Pure Intellect, those tracks stand out a lot from the rest on that compilation, It will be interesting as well to know what equipment Kris will use for this album, if he will stick to the old analogue sound or if he will use more VSTi etc, it would be nice to get the gear list for the ultimate experience album it has some wicked synthesizer sounds that almost sound like sliding guitars in some part, i think it said in the cd inlay something about midi guitars, unfortunately i only have the cd left and not the cd cover, anyone who can check it?

I had a long chat with Kris after my set in Konemetsä in Finland. Very cool dude. He said it will only be him making the new UX album. I told him: if you are thinking of turning this to some kind of full-on, then better don't start this project at all and he seemed to understand what i meant and said this was not the case. I think it will be agressive, but i except to see alot of industri and noise influences there aswell as some guitars. This is his style.

Sounds interesting

point him to psynews and tell him to register here :D

it seems hes allready busy with myspace, running multiple accounts for his projects :)

I always thought it was a printing problem :lol:

point him to psynews and tell him to register here :D

it seems hes allready busy with myspace, running multiple accounts for his projects :)

No, he doesn't need your or other people's advices about how his music should sound. Let him do what he does best without your constant "old school" whining.

Pete Martin is currently producing Clubby Electro with Tim Healy under the alias Coburn, they have a debut album that is about to get released any day. A friend that heard it told me it's a very wicked Electro album with very cool sounds. You can be sure that it ain't full-on with guitars. Not Goa and not Dark Psy as well (thank god).

:posford: :posford: :posford:

Wohooo ! Two masters working together producing interesting style... hope it will be more than okay. :D

Please spam their asses NOT to make full on or progressive etc... Just the old school sound in new jacket and more of that old stuff since they were quit unique ...

And if they really want to follow the "newer styles" then please let it be forest music with the old ux touch...

Anyway I don't have myspace so spamming is up to you guys !!! :D

well, just, I hope they will stick to the old sound!!!

PLEAASSSEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you read my mind!!!

I wouldn't mind if they returned to their old style, but updated with new sounds. This probably won't happen, but it is nice to be able to dream about it ;):D

Ummm, yeah, but I don't think that would ever happen. :unsure:

I adore U.X. but am really not at all excited by the news of a new album. For whatever reason every fibre of my brain is telling me this will be full-on nonsense. I really hope I'm proved wrong though.

• 3 months later...

This has potential.

Some people may have called UX's debut Full On, dark Goatrance.. no? If they can update their wild, dark, and colorful, interesting and GROOVY + BADASS dance style and energy in a awesome way they could create something amazing.

If not we didn't miss anything. A comeback disappointment from an artist who once did GOA is so common now days I wouldn't be surprised if this was a generic Full On album.

I say they evolve the body and mind of the original bad boy and go all out with at least 8-10 highly danceable, dark, and just plain awesome (with super songs!!!) psychedelic tracks. Sure the sound will be modernized. This isn't old-school style obviously, but it can still sound like a grown up adult of UX; it can be excellent for our time now as the debut was back then and in a sense, still is to many GOA lovers.

Listen to their newer songs!

http://www.myspace.com/uxproductions

I wonder when their new album will be available.

Millennium Generation sounds good, but what the hell is that voice in Savage Freedom Rmx?!! Dear God get that screaming, annoying voice out of there! If UX wants to ruin their comeback before they even arrive after 10 years they should release out-of-psy character songs like Savage Rmx. Drop the heavy metal rock and roll, the voices, and singing for crying out loud and stick to awesome danceable UX style PSYTRANE. I say drop the heavy metal song completely and make a consistently super Psy album.

Millennium Generation sounds good, but what the hell is that voice in Savage Freedom Rmx?!! Dear God get that screaming, annoying voice out of there! If UX wants to ruin their comeback before they even arrive after 10 years they should release out-of-psy character songs like Savage Rmx. Drop the heavy metal rock and roll, the voices, and singing for crying out loud and stick to awesome danceable UX style PSYTRANE. I say drop the heavy metal song completely and make a consistently super Psy album.

<_<:rolleyes:

http://www.discogs.com/release/414086

people never cease to amaze me...

"Savage Rmx" kicks butt as does the rest of the tracks. Definitely not for sissy girls. :P

ps. Cannot wait for new UX, whether it's with vocals, full-on or anything else. One criteria is that it has to be good music.

Ohhh... I thought that was a new song, the Savage Rmx.. didn't realize it was from 1998 on that Killing Joke comp.

One thing I want to clarify is that I do like UX's metal, industrial influenced Psy. I loved and still love the UX debut album "as was" and "as is" and the moments with guitars and heavy metal influence included. I'm simply not a fan of singing the way it's done in that Savage Rmx song. It's just my preference from someone who loves good music too. The 2007 Xenomorph album had singing moments for instance and around those few sections I generally didn't care for was a gem of an atmospheric, driving, and melodic/musical dalbum ark psytrance.. my feelings. ;)

• 7 months later...

Just saw they added some live gigs on their myspace, anyone from here going to see them in Belgium and Israel? Im still damn curious about the new album :) The old album still works wonders to my ears.