UX is back

HolyLight

http://www.myspace.com/uxproductions

From the info on the myspace site:

Project Formed In 1996

by pioneers "Kris Kylven" & "Pete Martin"

and Live Co Worker "RX Heaven"

With their first album "Ultimate Experience" they covered pretty much all the psychedelic trance field with a huge success...

more than 30 compilations

Formerly on "Youth 's (Killing Joke) Label Dragonfly Records

for who they also did a Killing Joke remix

toured Europe and More...

UX really brought the dark side of the trance to light with a touch of Rock and Industrial ...

Now it has been 10 years since their last release

and they are back for more...

more powerful than ever and more straight forward but still trying to break

boundaries...

so watch out for future releases as "Kris Kylven" goes back to live in London

where the crew will be working on some new material...

Stay Tuned

There is also two unreleased tracks from 1997 there.. i liked one of them: Millenium Generation

The other track wasnt really my cup of tea ;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o

*goes to check them*

i hope that it wont be as crap breaking as transwaves new/remixed stuff :D

their new stuff that is :P

as i said, they could perfectly balance dark goa, dark psy with bit of modern psy into ux sound, making it up-to-date and yet not cheesy or overdone -_-

Please spam their asses NOT to make full on or progressive etc... Just the old school sound in new jacket and more of that old stuff since they were quit unique ...

And if they really want to follow the "newer styles" then please let it be forest music with the old ux touch...

Anyway I don't have myspace so spamming is up to you guys !!! :D

Please spam their asses NOT to make full on or progressive etc... Just the old school sound in new jacket and more of that old stuff since they were quit unique ...

And if they really want to follow the "newer styles" then please let it be forest music with the old ux touch...

Anyway I don't have myspace so spamming is up to you guys !!! :D

We allready got reger on the job ;) seriously it will make me real sad in the eye if they make something cheesy and with full on vibes.. THEY MUST MAKE A GREAT COME BACK!!

i dont know what kind of sound kris kylven have had during recent time, but i hope its as freestyle and non-conformist as his look ;):lol:

go, UX! slide added quite alot to ux sound, atleast judging by "unstable" album, so hope for the best :lol:

Kylven still produces a lot of genuine music; I don't see him falling prey to overproduced trends. Check out The Star Shrink Shooters on Five Tons Of Flax for some good artsy techtrance/minimal, for instance. I would imagine the new UX will be quite grimy sounding without Pete Martin involved, but that's not a bad thing. I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

Guest The Journey Man Project

http://www.myspace.com/uxproductions

From the info on the myspace site:

more powerful than ever and more straight forward but still trying to break

boundaries...

doesn't sound that great to me... straight forward probably means generic full on or generic progressive... I'm thinking full on with guitars...

doesn't sound that great to me... straight forward probably means generic full on or generic progressive... I'm thinking full on with guitars...

There is a high chance of shitty generic fullon with guitars coming here <_<

IMO it was Pete Martin (aka Slide) who made that UX project special. Just compare Unstable with Brain Filter! Even though the latter is not bad, all the hooks and tricks that made UX music exceptional seem to be coming from Pete, rather than Kris. Kris seemed to be rather responsible for rhythmics and ambiences (which were cool, I have to admit), but UX to me was so much more than just that - I loved their melodical crazyness, off-the-wall transitions and unexpected arrangement ideas.

Having said all that, I don't expect nothing revolutionary from this 'resurrection' of UX.

:)

I have been listening to Slide - Unstable CD today and you guys are right this guy sure added a lot of the stuff i liked with the UX sound it really sounds like a UX album so thanks for the advice i had totally forgot about this one! new/old favourite :wub:

I have been listening to Slide - Unstable CD today and you guys are right this guy sure added a lot of the stuff i liked with the UX sound it really sounds like a UX album so thanks for the advice i had totally forgot about this one! new/old favourite :wub:

Yeah, there's nothing better than re-discovering the CD you always thought was nothing special.

Now playing: UX - Ultimete Experience :)

Def not Full-On.

Pete Martin is currently producing Clubby Electro with Tim Healy under the alias Coburn, they have a debut album that is about to get released any day. A friend that heard it told me it's a very wicked Electro album with very cool sounds. You can be sure that it ain't full-on with guitars. Not Goa and not Dark Psy as well (thank god).

My bet goes on D-Nox & Beckers direction but with a UK touch

Better than doing the same thing again after 10 years

Can't agree with that. It is true for example for Astral Projection - I'd hate to get 4th or 5th album from them with the same music, but UX has only released one album and couple of compilation tracks. I wouldn't mind if they returned to their old style, but updated with new sounds. This probably won't happen, but it is nice to be able to dream about it ;):D

Kylven still produces a lot of genuine music; I don't see him falling prey to overproduced trends. Check out The Star Shrink Shooters on Five Tons Of Flax for some good artsy techtrance/minimal, for instance. I would imagine the new UX will be quite grimy sounding without Pete Martin involved, but that's not a bad thing. I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

who said there is going to be only kris?

Can't agree with that. It is true for example for Astral Projection - I'd hate to get 4th or 5th album from them with the same music, but UX has only released one album and couple of compilation tracks. I wouldn't mind if they returned to their old style, but updated with new sounds. This probably won't happen, but it is nice to be able to dream about it ;):D

i second that, pavel stfu :D

Zero chances on that. It will be different

who said there is going to be only kris?

i second that, pavel stfu :D

Whatever :lol: :R

Sound nice, I still haven't got their first album yet... remember seeing in shops back then but wtf didn't I buy it?? Well I hope for something good... but lets see :drama: !

I can warmly recommend the album its very good all tracks flow together seamless and imo all tracks are good its one big story i borrowed mine from a friend back when it was released and *oops* and i forgot to give it back :rolleyes::o time goes but this cd stays fresh it sounds new everytime i listen to it, so mutch details, spirals everywhere!