where are the reviews

filitico

The main thing that got me here to psynews was an excellent cast of reviewers that delivered top notch information about the latest greatest stuff and also some oldies once in a while.

where have the reviewers gone?

other genres?

other sites?

nothing worth reviewing lately?

lazy?

life happened?

come on...write something..or ill be forced tah tei kovah

:lol:

ps: for those who still do it. thank you for spending time to save ours. your contributions are always welcome and form a strong part of everybody's scene (for lack of a better word) :lol:

what's up abasioooooooooooo

yeah i know the regulars throw down..but i still get the impression that the review section doesnt compare to 2-3 years ago when people were going apeshit posting reviews and opinions..true most were really 'killargh' but among those were some really quite insightful, poetic even..

Someone had a go at people writing short reviews & so people that I know are really into their music like TC & Faze never seem to post in the review sections.

I think the first review should be more than a couple of lines but after that I think people should be able to discuss the music & go off topic (a little, not too much) but the deletion of all posts like nice review, I want to check this out, what would you recommend that is similar to this etc has kinda killed the review section IMO

Speaking for myself (and I've heard the same from some others who used to regualrly do reviews), it simply takes up too much time to write good reviews and life just generally caught up with me (and the others I've talked to as well). Another possible reason was also there was a bit of backlash against the long kind of reviews myself and people like Death Posture used to write (on discogs it went so far as a campaign to erase most of those reviews). So basically lots of time involved + plus job/life + a fairly large number of people saying our reviews were a waste of space = an ever decreasing desire to write them. I basically limit myself to writing them only when something really hits me now. I think the quality of music now is really no different from how it was 4 or 5 years ago so saying there are no reviews because everything now is crap doesn't ring true for me at all (people 5 years ago were saying the same thing so...)

Speaking for myself (and I've heard the same from some others who used to regualrly do reviews), it simply takes up too much time to write good reviews and life just generally caught up with me (and the others I've talked to as well). Another possible reason was also there was a bit of backlash against the long kind of reviews myself and people like Death Posture used to write (on discogs it went so far as a campaign to erase most of those reviews). So basically lots of time involved + plus job/life + a fairly large number of people saying our reviews were a waste of space = an ever decreasing desire to write them. I basically limit myself to writing them only when something really hits me now. I think the quality of music now is really no different from how it was 4 or 5 years ago so saying there are no reviews because everything now is crap doesn't ring true for me at all (people 5 years ago were saying the same thing so...)

good point. I dont think I have ever posted a review here (although im supposedly a writer) but I have learned a lot about good review writing watching some of the regulars. Honestly, and I am just offering my opinion, there are people out there who truly enjoy the long detailed reviews almost as much as the music itself. I personally like to listen to an album and pull out a good review and see someone translate the sounds into words. When well done its magical, like a good narrator in a movie :)

shun the non-believers shun!

I really enjoy writing reviews. Long in depth ones even if I'm not very good at it. I usually write reviews though of chilled releases as I find they take more effort to properly get into & understand & listening to them closely enough to put down what I think in words really helps me feel the music more. & then forever after when listening to that CD again I can still feel it :D

Lack of time, motivation & new cd's :)

Since I'm spending 8hrs/day behind a computer for my job,

I'd rather get some exercise or visit some friends.

Unfortunately this goes for a lot of my graphical work aswell...

Doesn't look like this will change for the nex 7 months neither.

BUT it was/is great fun to do & someday maybe I'll pick it back up again ;)

Maybe this should be a case of "leading by example" ?

When there's a good album i always post a review. Unfortunately there aren't much lately. :angry:

your avatar has to be the coolest I have seen lately. And yes Pavel, I do thoroughly read and enjoy your reviews!

I just recently put up 6 or 7 reviews including the new Shift release. Everyone is right though, it takes a lot of time to put together a competent, and informative review. Also, you don't want to bore the pants off the reader! I plan to do several a week until like DP, real life catches up with me.

It's fun for me, and I like reading peoples opinions of the CD that differ from mine.

Great site Basilisk! I have visited numerous times! Good stuff!

Mdk

Yeah basilisk I have seen and read your site through your links on Last.fm You are one of the hardest working psy trance journalists I have seen on the net. Kudos and thank you for the hard work.

I hope to encourage as many people as possible to actively engage their music. Either spin it, produce it, write about it, decorate stuff for it, promote it. It's how we keep this thing going you know? :)

Yeah basilisk I have seen and read your site through your links on Last.fm You are one of the hardest working psy trance journalists I have seen on the net. Kudos and thank you for the hard work.

I hope to encourage as many people as possible to actively engage their music. Either spin it, produce it, write about it, decorate stuff for it, promote it. It's how we keep this thing going you know? :)

I put up a few today & they are already quite far down the list so obviously people are psoting in the review section, 2007 anyway :D

I don't really like reviews.

Rather just listen and decide for myself.

well...

thanks for sharing about your lack of sharing... :ph34r:

:lol: