02. 7:35 M-Theory Soundproof

03. 8:07 Setherian Angra

04. 7:10 Suntree & Antigravity Straight oMM

05. 6:45 Aphid Moon Oceanic

06. 8:59 Plasmotek Obsession

07. 7:09 Hydraglyph Psyops

08. 7:38 Rumble Pack Timecode

09. 7:31 Freakulizer Are We There?

Oxygen Records now located in Barcelona was established in the Czech Republic. They have released several compilations and a couple of artist LPs. This is their latest, so let's get to it!

Sound Field Oxygenate- Sound Field are Andy Yakovlev & Liron Atia and have recently released their debut album. This is another long track so strap yourself in. Fine progressive trance here, with nothing too abrasive. Some would even call this Psy-progressive. It moves along nicely with each part fading in and out seamlessly. Good track.

M-Theory Soundproof- I believe this is Rob Nichols. We start of with a nice atmosphere set up with a bouncy bass line. It peps up nicely with some fleshed out hi-hats. What I like about this track (and good progressive in general), is that there is no dead air waiting for something to happen. The break is smooth, so smooth, with the delicate percussive touch. Fabulous track!

Setherian Angra- I haven�t heard much out of Christian Zahn since his Multiverse album, even though he has released another since then. This track to me is the definition of filler. Nothing standing out, some cheesy vocals, and an uninteresting bass line. I�ll pass.

Suntree & Antigravity Straight oMM- I'm clueless as to who these people are, but their track starts of with lovely sounds. A gentle mix between psy and progressive. The break is almost ethereal, with a bass sound trying to escape. The light "goaish" melody twists and turns across the track. Near the end, a tight acid line dominates and pushes the track all the way into the Psy category. Great track!

Aphid Moon Oceanic- Jules Hamer has released a pile of tracks and had 2 full albums. I've always liked his style. With a rambling bass line and some dirty deep sounds, he takes control. His acid leads surround you and sound so wispy. The finale is a pulsating ride into the night. Great track!

Plasmotek Obsession- This is Thibaut Lapeyre from France. He brings us a galloping bassline and some eerie noises floating up above. I like how he maintains that bass line throughout the entire track. Coming out of the break, we still have that "something ain't right" feeling. Cool. Good track!

Hydraglyph Psyops- Andrew Morgan & Marc Ackerman have release 2 very good albums and plenty of compilation tracks. They seem to be on top of their game. The synth sounds seem to surround you driven by a rotating lead. I think I heard Al Pacino. I feel like I'm floating as well. The kick drum is muted through the break adding an alien effect. This was very good in a laid back style. Great track!

Rumble Pack Timecode- These guys just released their latest album which I haven't heard yet. A nice glassy pad starts us off with whippoorwill sounds. Wait..is that spelled right? Spell check says it is, but it looks weird. Anyway, swirling pads drop in and out and this track has a foreboding feel to it. There is even Indian singing! Well, kinda. The end of the track has leads and deep, growly pads. Great track!

Freakulizer Are We There?- I believe Simon has a new album on the horizon. He is good at weaving progressive and psy elements together. This track is slightly unfocused. I couldn't get into the flow, although there were some nice bits. The breaks were mellow and didn't seem forced. Decent track, but nothing to write home about.

In summary: Wow, this will easily be one of my favorites for 2007. With the exception of one track, this compilation is loaded. There is a nice balance of progressive tracks and psytrance. Well done Oxygen records, you have guaranteed that I will buy your next release. 8.5/10

MDK

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

Artist: Various

Title: Pulsar

Label: Oxygen Records

Format: CD Jewel Case

Release: May 2007

Tracklisting

01. 9’20” Sound Field – Oxygenate

02. 7’35” M-Theory – Soundproof

03. 8’07” Setherian – Angra

04. 7’10” Suntree & Antigravity – Straight oMM

05. 6’45” Aphid Moon – Oceanic

06. 8’59” Plasmotek – Obsession

07. 7’09” Hydraglyph – Psyops

08. 7’38” Rumble Pack – Timecode

09. 7’31” Freakulizer – Are We There?

Oxygen Records now located in Barcelona was established in the Czech Republic. They have released several compilations and a couple of artist LPs. This is their latest, so let’s get to it!

Sound Field – Oxygenate- Sound Field are Andy Yakovlev & Liron Atia and have recently released their debut album. This is another long track so strap yourself in. Fine progressive trance here, with nothing too abrasive. Some would even call this Psy-progressive. It moves along nicely with each part fading in and out seamlessly. Good track.

M-Theory – Soundproof- I believe this is Rob Nichols. We start of with a nice atmosphere set up with a bouncy bass line. It peps up nicely with some fleshed out hi-hats. What I like about this track (and good progressive in general), is that there is no dead air waiting for something to happen. The break is smooth, so smooth, with the delicate percussive touch. Fabulous track!

Setherian – Angra- I haven’t heard much out of Christian Zahn since his Multiverse album, even though he has released another since then. This track to me is the definition of filler. Nothing standing out, some cheesy vocals, and an uninteresting bass line. I’ll pass.

Suntree & Antigravity – Straight oMM- I’m clueless as to who these people are, but their track starts of with lovely sounds. A gentle mix between psy and progressive. The break is almost ethereal, with a bass sound trying to escape. The light “goaish” melody twists and turns across the track. Near the end, a tight acid line dominates and pushes the track all the way into the Psy category. Great track!

Aphid Moon – Oceanic- Jules Hamer has released a pile of tracks and had 2 full albums. I’ve always liked his style. With a rambling bass line and some dirty deep sounds, he takes control. His acid leads surround you and sound so wispy. The finale is a pulsating ride into the night. Great track!

Plasmotek – Obsession- This is Thibaut Lapeyre from France. He brings us a galloping bassline and some eerie noises floating up above. I like how he maintains that bass line throughout the entire track. Coming out of the break, we still have that “something ain’t right” feeling. Cool. Good track!

Hydraglyph – Psyops- Andrew Morgan & Marc Ackerman have release 2 very good albums and plenty of compilation tracks. They seem to be on top of their game. The synth sounds seem to surround you driven by a rotating lead. I think I heard Al Pacino. I feel like I’m floating as well. The kick drum is muted through the break adding an alien effect. This was very good in a laid back style. Great track!

Rumble Pack – Timecode- These guys just released their latest album which I haven’t heard yet. A nice glassy pad starts us off with whippoorwill sounds. Wait..is that spelled right? Spell check says it is, but it looks weird. Anyway, swirling pads drop in and out and this track has a foreboding feel to it. There is even Indian singing! Well, kinda. The end of the track has leads and deep, growly pads. Great track!

Freakulizer – Are We There?- I believe Simon has a new album on the horizon. He is good at weaving progressive and psy elements together. This track is slightly unfocused. I couldn’t get into the flow, although there were some nice bits. The breaks were mellow and didn’t seem forced. Decent track, but nothing to write home about.

In summary: Wow, this will easily be one of my favorites for 2007. With the exception of one track, this compilation is loaded. There is a nice balance of progressive tracks and psytrance. Well done Oxygen records, you have guaranteed that I will buy your next release. 8.5/10

MDK

Thanks a lot for the interesting review and for the positive comments. Glad you enjoy the cd. Took really long time to put out compilation that you can identify with so deep as i can with this one.