03. 8:28 V:Storm Gone In the Air

04. 8:31 Shagma Vs. Phonic Request In Deep and Dance

05. 6:47 Crying Freemen I Have a Dream

06. 8:01 Galaktik Waves White Force

07. 8:03 Life Extension Atomic Circus

08. 7:31 Rumble Pack Pitch Realisty

09. 6:42 Crystal Sound Bring It Back

10. 8:02 Stereomatic Into E Magic

Crying Freemen Odyssee 2006- This is the French project by Arnaud Couhier & Salvador Casais, and they are off to a pretty cool start with the 2001 theme playing in the background. We are quickly aboard a full-on bass line and get some of those samples at the break. This is nothing groundbreaking, but it is a pretty sweet tune, and a good way to open things up.

XSI 002R- I am still looking to buy their album (haven't heard it yet), and I have enjoyed some of their other tracks on other comps. We start of with a space sample and a nice unknown feel. The full-on bass line is there, but I sense we have only just begun to scratch the surface. True enough, the acid comes in later and creates a nice groove. I wish it would have lasted longer though. Not bad, not great.

V Storm Gone In the Air- This is Victor Leti and he has been all over the place lately. This one gets moving right away. I could've done without the moaning lady, but that is a minor thing. The lead at 3:30 really pushes you, and with the acid coming in a minute later, you've got a pretty good mover. The second break adds to the mystery, and then we are moving again. Nice track, enough to keep me interested.

Shagma Vs. Phonic Request In Deep and Dance- Nice intro creating an ominous beginning that slowly creeps forward. The mini-break is a tease, promising better things to come. Wow, and they deliver! I really liked the lead melody that just kept things bouncing. Best track so far. :posford:

Crying Freemen I Have a Dream- Here are the Freemen yet again with a nice scary reverberating synth. Once the hi-hats join the bass line and that synth we've got something here. But then my worst fears were realized: the appearance of that famous MLK quote. I was hoping that would be avoided, but thankfully it's brief. It would be ok if it was an actual sample, but that is not the case. Pretty good track, musically speaking.

Galaktik Waves White Force- I have no idea who this is. Some tribal war grunts start us off, and we are in familiar boring territory. The lead at 3 minutes is nice, but it isn't until the 4:54 mark that we get a continuous flow going. However, we have heard this a million times before, and done better. Average at best.

Life Extension Atomic Circus- Life Extension are Olivier Mirat & Laurent Ihullier. They just came out with their debut album Side Effects. We have the obligatory circus sounds and atmosphere complete with a loud hawker. I didn't care for this. There is nothing for you really to focus your attention on. It just kind of goes. "You may think you have seen the unusual." Nah, same old same old here.

Rumble Pack Pitch Realisty- Previously known as Blue Vortex, Philip Guillaume & Andreas MaerkiI give us a nice soft start. The break is nice, slowly evolving back into the groove. I would say this track has some progressive leanings. It's well done and keeps the air of mystery (I'm tired of saying that, but it works here) going. Nice track!

Crystal Sound Bring It Back- This is my first experience with these guys, and they are already starting off on the wrong foot. Clubby vocals?? C'mon, stop it. And it keeps going. I guess some people out there like this, but not me. Worst effort on this comp. :angry:

Stereomatic Into E Magic- Ugh.

In conclusion: Well, this is what it is. Pure fluffy full-on. If you're cool with that, then you will enjoy the hell out of it. If you're looking for Koxbox or Oood here you are gonna be pissed. I don't think anyone would be under that assumption however. Some of the tracks here kept me focused and into it. Some didn't. That's the way it is. Listen, I like full-on. When it's done well. Some of it is here and some of it is not so well. 6.5/10

Favorites: 4,8,3

Mdk