Prahlad - Movements of Consciousness

Melancholyman

Prahlad: Movements of Consciousness

Release info:

Movements of Consciousness was inspired by an interview with Dr. Goswami, a leading quantum physicist.

This radical new science is revolutionising many people's view of the world,

and being fascinated with its fundamental theories, Prahlad became drawn to write a unique accompanying soundtrack.

The album spans a wide range of electronic music: influences can be heard from Electro, Progressive and Full On.

However, the overall sound is distinctly different: besides contagious groove elements and psychedelic effects, it also

leaves space for expansive arrangements and captivating melodies.

These are augmented by introspective breaks that incorporate sound textures from all over the globe:

Buddhist mantras and ethereal female voices are varied with acoustic instruments from the eastern and western music traditions.

The album concludes with a hypnotic ambient track that shows a glimpse of what is to come in the down tempo album which is in production now.

Tracklist :

1. Hommage to Moog

2. Meditation

3. Man Up

4. Psyched

5. Astronauts

6. Movements of conciousness

7. Shantified

8. Illusision

9. Raver for life

Review:

It's hard to find good psytrance releases these days, and I was very suspicious when I first heard of this album, I have never heard of Prahlad before and I was very skeptic while listening to this release. I feel as it hasn't been a really good release of psytrance since 2003, at least not for my taste. I like melodic psytrance, and if it's not to be melodic it has to be really good for me to appreciate it. Prahlad's album is kinda slow paced comparing to most psyrance that comes out nowdays and extremely melodic. And having a soft spot for that I fell immediately. It's not something ground breaking, or innovative but the tracks are nice, well composed with nice melodies in them. The more I listen the more I appreciate this album. The intro to Psyched I believe the sound is taken from one of Bluetech's tracks just can't figure out wich one. All in all a really nice album that fit just into my taste, and one of the better releases in many years. I urge all of you who are into more melodic music to check this one out.

Prahlad: Movements of Consciousness

Release info:

Movements of Consciousness was inspired by an interview with Dr. Goswami, a leading quantum physicist.

This radical new science is revolutionising many people's view of the world,

and being fascinated with its fundamental theories, Prahlad became drawn to write a unique accompanying soundtrack.

The album spans a wide range of electronic music: influences can be heard from Electro, Progressive and Full On.

However, the overall sound is distinctly different: besides contagious groove elements and psychedelic effects, it also

leaves space for expansive arrangements and captivating melodies.

These are augmented by introspective breaks that incorporate sound textures from all over the globe:

Buddhist mantras and ethereal female voices are varied with acoustic instruments from the eastern and western music traditions.

The album concludes with a hypnotic ambient track that shows a glimpse of what is to come in the down tempo album which is in production now.

Tracklist :

1. Hommage to Moog

2. Meditation

3. Man Up

4. Psyched

5. Astronauts

6. Movements of conciousness

7. Shantified

8. Illusision

9. Raver for life

Review:

It's hard to find good psytrance releases these days, and I was very suspicious when I first heard of this album, I have never heard of Prahlad before and I was very skeptic while listening to this release. I feel as it hasn't been a really good release of psytrance since 2003, at least not for my taste. I like melodic psytrance, and if it's not to be melodic it has to be really good for me to appreciate it. Prahlad's album is kinda slow paced comparing to most psyrance that comes out nowdays and extremely melodic. And having a soft spot for that I fell immediately. It's not something ground breaking, or innovative but the tracks are nice, well composed with nice melodies in them. The more I listen the more I appreciate this album. The intro to Psyched I believe the sound is taken from one of Bluetech's tracks just can't figure out wich one. All in all a really nice album that fit just into my taste, and one of the better releases in many years. I urge all of you who are into more melodic music to check this one out.

Maybe from bluetech too, but surely from Vibrasphere - Seven Days to Daylight :)

Whole scene copy vibra's style, even suncontrolspecies :)

• 8 months later...

This is probably what I call "quality full-on".

With all my hate towards generic full-on music, I can frankly recognize that this has been absolute bomb, confidently standing out against generic full-on background.

It's not the usual astrix-skazi-IM rubbish oriented on superficial masses, it's absolutely another approach to the whole full-on subject. If there was a genre called "intelligent full-on", Prahlad would be one of the first in the row to fall under this category.

Check it out unless you have done already.

This is probably what I call "quality full-on".

With all my hate towards generic full-on music, I can frankly recognize that this has been absolute bomb, confidently standing out against generic full-on background.

It's not the usual astrix-skazi-IM rubbish oriented on superficial masses, it's absolutely another approach to the whole full-on subject. If there was a genre called "intelligent full-on", Prahlad would be one of the first in the row to fall under this category.

Check it out unless you have done already.

I always regretted my review on this since I later realized it wasn't that good. But He has made some incredibly nice chillout tracks...ehrm 1 that I know of :lol: Might make another listen..and the review sucks aswell,

• 2 months later...

i would call it progressive fullon

just like : Kalyug - Digital Chamatkar (2007)

both sound progressive an look like fullon. i mean the structure

favorite track: psyched!

p.s great album, gotta mention it