A good drum machine.

Ok. This is a hardware question..

I currently use reason to make all of my music.

Meaning the Redrum is like a God to me.

But, I am looking to move towards hardware, doing some alternative metal/punk/trance blendish stuff...

Anyways, the firs tthing I am looking for is a drum machine.

I really enjoy the way the redrums sequencer is, very 909ish... I think. pretty sure that's what it's modeled after.

So, I'm looking for a drum machine that has a sequencer like the 909/redrum, but, like redrum, plays samples instead of oscillating the sounds, so I can add things that aren't traditional drum sounds.

So, I might actually be looking for a sampler, I don't know... I'm new to hardware.

I really enjoy the 909 from what I've seen, especially the buttons, how it's like typing on a really old keyboard... And how it's built like a tank.

as a matter of fact, I would LOVE to get a 909, but, I've only seen them for upwards of 1grand, and I am looking for something a little cheaper.

So, I'm basically just looking for some points in the right direction as to what I am looking for and how I can find it.

Something under 800 dollars would be good, but I am willing to accept that that might not be possible for what I'm looking for.,...

Oh also, does anyone know what machine atari teenage riot used?

Ok. This is a hardware question..

WTF !!!

You fooled us all didn't you, you crazy FUUUUUUCK !!!

Letting us all believe you was about to show us a GOOD DRUM MACHINE!!!

But no, once you click it and open the damn thread it turns out to be a fucking question ?!!

You sick twisted little man!

WTF !!!

You fooled us all didn't you, you crazy FUUUUUUCK !!!

Letting us all believe you was about to show us a GOOD DRUM MACHINE!!!

But no, once you click it and open the damn thread it turns out to be a fucking question ?!!

You sick twisted little man!

hmm, I did not realize it would be so misleading, I apologize for the inconvience

check out the old electribes used, super cheap, probly can get one for less than a 100 bucks USD. Korg ES-1 is just a sampler, the other one is more a synth drum machine. The ES is probly what you want, it would basically be like a hardware redrum. get the smart media card for it and the reader, should be able to find it bundled used on ebay with an ES. tons of fun.

Yeah. I'm probably going to go with the ES-1 MK11, just because I like the way it looks better than the other one and the fact that it's really inexpensive, so after this I suppose I'll work on getting a synth, I'll probably buy a 303 kit and make one. like x0xb0x or something.

Is there any real difference between the normal ES-1 and the MK11? Or is it all aeshetic.

Or you could get NI's Battery. I know its not hardware,

but you will pay more and get less with a hardware drummachine.

A few years ago Yamaha made something that I wanted, basically an FM synth with a drummachine.