Minimal / minimal techno

amphiton

I guess it's appropriate to post a link here to a mix of mine with this musical style. It just went online a couple days ago on the site of some people here who are promoting the whole trippy minimal sound here in Leipzig. It was a last minute sort of favor for the guy running the site so it's not utter perfection, but it still works somehow. :)

Go here --> www.psychelektro.de

Then (for all the non-german-speakers), click on the red text that says "aktuelle Mix" on the top of the page (Aug. 31 blog entry). The download should start.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you find Extrawelt minimal? In any case, looking for something similar =)

Yes, it is minimal... check Jesse Somfay, Dominik Eulberg, Adam Proll stuff, minimal yet melodic. :D

• 4 weeks later...

now I've dug up something neat for ya'....

DeepChord presents Echospace - The Coldest Season

http://www.discogs.com/release/1007286

You'll be in a world of excitment boy!! ;)

that's first class stuff indeed

Here's another one, from 2005 though:

Frank Martiniq - Little Fluffy Crowds

gentle, warm, filigree, groovy and most of all a beautiful mindtrip from start to end... one word: wicked

gentle, warm, filigree, groovy and most of all a beautiful mindtrip from start to end... one word: wicked

that looks interesting, I'll check it out!

Wow! Just listening to the samples and wow! It reminds me of the BoC feel in some way, I love it! Now you gonna make me go out and buy a whole bunch of minimal techno...grrrrrr

I'm now enjoying Richie Hawtin's M_nus Records releases :)

I'm getting rid of those pretty soon... Unfortunately, after years of being a dedicated follower of mr. Hawtin, the man just stopped to amaze me. :(

Which is sad, since I picked up almost everything with his name on it during the years...

Anyways, for you who are looking for some real quality minimal techno, here's an oldie that never fails in my ears:

Brother's Yard- Reaction (1999) (PV) http://www.discogs.com/release/40265

Seems like you can pick it up for next to nothing on discogs. It's more than worth it, IMO!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Anders Ilar's "Nightwidth" is a minimal album that really tsk tsk tsked my whole world, while it manifested its top quality kliks & klaks, I kept on pliking & ploking on the couch...