Dream trance...

Anoebis

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should we start praying for Suntrip's future or is it just a temporary change of your taste, Joske? ;):D

haha... FEAR :ph34r:

nono, in fact I always listened to normal trance once in a while (I have like 50 "old" cds from before I listened to goa, and like 1 track on each cd I like), but now that I have almost all goa trance ever released, I feel the urge to look for more :P and well, as the modern dark and full on is nothing for me... I rather search for other perfect tracks in the normale trance genre :)

But that doesn't mean I and Fabien will change our direction... never :)

I told this already many times, even if I am the last guy in the world listenting to goa trance, I will keep doing it, with a big smile and a heart filled with joy and fantastic memories ;)

Btw; next music genres I should find out more about ambient and classical, but that will take forever to search... :)

haha... FEAR :ph34r:

nono, in fact I always listened to normal trance once in a while (I have like 50 "old" cds from before I listened to goa, and like 1 track on each cd I like), but now that I have almost all goa trance ever released, I feel the urge to look for more :P and well, as the modern dark and full on is nothing for me... I rather search for other perfect tracks in the normale trance genre :)

But that doesn't mean I and Fabien will change our direction... never :)

I told this already many times, even if I am the last guy in the world listenting to goa trance, I will keep doing it, with a big smile and a heart filled with joy and fantastic memories ;)

Btw; next music genres I should find out more about ambient and classical, but that will take forever to search... :)

Good to hear that you guys arent planing to stop with goa releases any time soon.

A bit of topic question, will Filteria release his remixes of : Trip tonite and Maia i heard in his live set here in Sweden? Hope so :posford:

Taucher - Return To Atlantis

This Album is good, but I miss some tracks resp. mixes.

Atlantis (Original Mix)

Happiness (Original Mix) instead Happiness (Bookashade Mix)

Fantasy (Phase II) instead (Phase III Mix)

Water (Phase II) instead Wasters (Phase I Mix)

Blue Alphabet - Cybertrance

Oh, my fucking God!

I remember this track!Damn, it's been ages that I heard it, this really brings chills to my spine all over again.

"Some human beings believe in the 5th dimension, others try to understand the 6th, we'll show you the way to the 7th dimension."

Pure classic!Thanks for bringing it back from below the dust in my memory, otherwise I'd probably left it there. :)

I must say, it's hard to contribute to your topic though, since I have lost complete touch with "normal" trance for years now.

Wow, Anoebis, you reminded me of my old (younger) days too!

My personal best of dream Trance (well, at least I think it's a kind of dream Trance) is Kary Vee - This Is (I have it on a compilation named Dreamland 2000). This track makes me fly every time I hear it... On this same compilation I also think Niels Van Gogh - Pulverturm, E.F.F. - Guitano and Artist Of Spirit - Colours Of Light (this one is really good) are very nice.

To stay in the Dreamland 2000 vibe, there's the Dreamland 2000 Vol. 3. Paul Van Dyk - Another Way is just great... I will also recommend Balaeric Bill - Destination Sunshine (can sound a bit cheesy ala Airwave or stuff - well, it's Johan Gielen so... - yet it's kinda nice), Des Mitchel - Welcome To The Dance (very good IMO), Sundance - Won't Let This Feeling Go (hum, this one has a very cheesy lyric but it's nice), Alan Parsons - The Time Machine (dreamy, danceable, beautiful) and Web - Lovin' Times (also a bit cheesy - lyrics - but overall nice).

Let's continue with no other than... Dreamland 2000 Vol. 4 ;) . Well, it starts with Laurent Garnier - The Man With The Red Face (quite known track, soft, jazzy, housy). After that it turns a bit into dance stuff... I like Alibi - Eternity a bit. But what I really like is Abnea - Velvet Moods and Gott - Power Of American Natives (these two are veeeeeeeeeeeery nice). Des Mitchel's track is less interesting than Welcome To The Dance IMO. Dreamland 2000 Vol. 2 & 5 are not that interesting IMO.

You can also try AIR. I like La Femme D'Argent very much, although it's more in the Lounge spirit, it's also very dreamy.

I'll also recommend, as Bahamut wrote, Sander Kleinenberg - My Lexicon. I don't know much of his work but this track is really something. Try also Billie Ray Martin - Honey (Chicane Remix), great track, pure Chicane style, with very nice vocals (for the story: I have this track for 7 years now but it was only 2 years ago I really got into it).

Also, in a more clubby vein like My Lexicon, there is Mister DJ 7, with Dutch Force - Deadline and C Sharp - The Quest (these two made by the artist behind Airwave so you can get an idea of the style - but these tracks are among his best I think). There is also Jaccot Pres. Frank T.R.A.X. - Dance Religion, kinda nice for dreamy. But my last recommendation from this album is no dreamy stuff, yet it's a huge track IMO (my personal favorite "normal Trance" track), I present you Hitch Hiker & Jacques Dumondt - Genesis Chapter 1 (Kay Cee Remix). What a track... Drives me nut everytime I hear it! You should really give it a try.

Last recommendation (at last! :lol: ), also in the more clubby vein: Lange Feat. The Morrighan - Follow Me (in the emotional vein - lyrics... - but it's pretty good), Paul Van Dyk Feat. Saint Etienne - Tell Me Why. And really last ones, the Kai Tracid tracks. In increasing order of liking: Too Many Times (nice, almost great), The Deep Blue (also known as Tiefenrausch - hard beats, fast melody) and... Peyote Song (also a track I didn't truly appreciate immediately). Peyote Song is among the best Trance tracks I know, with Genesis Chapter 1. The problem is to find these last two tracks in their long versions...

I hope that if sometime you'll hear these track, they'll be the kind of stuff you've searched...

EDIT: italic stuff is a link

Is there anyway to listen to samples on that Discogs website? It drove me crazy after about half an hour trying all the links.. :(

Is there anyway to listen to samples on that Discogs website? It drove me crazy after about half an hour trying all the links.. :(

Unfortunately I don't think so...

Try on Juno.

Gott - Power Of American Natives

Is that a cover version from Dance 2 Trance - Power of American Natives?

BTW, the best normal trance comes from the earlie until middle 90's. Later only less trance tracks are exceptions.

Is that a cover version from Dance 2 Trance - Power of American Natives?

BTW, the best normal trance comes from the earlie until middle 90's. Later only less trance tracks are exceptions.

Although I haven't heard the version of Dance 2 Trance, I think Gott is a cover version. In the booklet of my compilation, credits are Jam El Mar and DJ Dag and in Discogs I see Dance 2 Trance are made by DJ Dag and Rolf Ellmer, nick of Jam El Mar...

All I can say is that in my version there is vocal, and it features "Paula".

Although I haven't heard the version of Dance 2 Trance, I think Gott is a cover version. In the booklet of my compilation, credits are Jam El Mar and DJ Dag and in Discogs I see Dance 2 Trance are made by DJ Dag and Rolf Ellmer, nick of Jam El Mar...

All I can say is that in my version there is vocal, and it features "Paula".

Thanks alot for all your recommendations, it will take me alot of time to check them all, but in the end i'll manage, and once in a while I'll write my personal opinions about certain albums here :)

Heres is the original version from 1992

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JGOY2X6T

Hey, thanks alot! It is even more than a cover I think, it's a different spirit. "My" track is alot more in the normal Trance style, with an "emotional" voice, different basslines, different leading melody (but still with that flute like melody) etc. Dance 2 Trance has more 80's/Eurodance sounding (IMO).

First was Power of American Natives complete instrumental. But later they wanted to step into the mainstream, they engaged Linda Rocco for the vocal version. Why it sound so old, because it is from 1992 and that was normal for this year. ;)

The complete album Moon Spirits is very good.

Unfortunately I miss the original version from the track "Hello San Francisco", because I like it more instead of the remix.

Here some samples: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2WK8BGHW

Have Fun :) :posford:

Thanks alot for these samples! Great CD indeed. I particularly loved We Came In Peace, Still Together, Atlantis, Remember Exxon Valdez. They seem to be great tracks! Yet another good stuff for Anoebis ha? :P

• 5 months later...

Aloha...

I had a friend at my place yesterday, who came here with a selection of "normal" trance vinyls... and some of the tracks I heard there are ABSOLUTELY fantastic... I mean, they are trance in it's purest form, emotional, organic, deep and melodic, floating and challenging! Some of those tracks are very close to let's say Blue Planet Corporation early work (UFK vinyls), or astral projection...

A very good example of the sound I'm looking for:

http://www.discogs.com/release/88085

This can be perfectly mixed in a goa set, and it would make people cry of beauty... Is anybody here aware of more music in this style!? And is there anything like this released these days? Softish, beautiful normal trance... :)

hmmmm the dreamtrance chapter :P

well my personal favorite of this collection Jos, I need to mention here aswell, as you failed to do so! grrr :rolleyes:

Amphian - Three Phase Fade --> http://www.discogs.com/release/363427

dont think many people will have heard this LP, as i dont think there are many copies of it, but i really REALLY suggest u dreamtrance lovers, to check it out, wherever you're able to find it

:drama:

How did I miss this topic and why have I not posted all of the above? :lol:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I would have ended up bashing the people posting trance post-98 though. Kai-Q seems to have pretty much the same taste as me when it comes to trance. :)