Is anyone else very happy with their cd collection?

Sentinel

I am very happy with mine. Mostly these artists:

Freq

Krueger and Coyle

Atmos

Etnica

LSG

Der Dritte Raum

SUN Project

Astral Projection

GMS

Vibrasphere

Antix

Phony Orphants

Ticon

Son Kite

I don't think I'm missing out on any great artists. Now it's time to start collecting vinyl. I enjoy music especially since Agent Smith has given me better hearing where the production is muddled and the singers sound like their professional and high! Not many people have it.

Guest antic

My collection is quite modest (approx. 280 CDs) compared to some of the people here, but quite frankly I'm very happy with it. I collect mostly albums and label-specific compilations (like TIP's colours or Flying Rhino's flights) and the 'I got to have this CD' list has shortened recently to less than 10 positions. Of course there's still a lot of stuff I'd like to get someday, but they're not as important nor hard-to-get.

:)

and the 'I got to have this CD' list has shortened recently to less than 10 positions. Of course there's still a lot of stuff I'd like to get someday, but they're not as important nor hard-to-get.

:)

I know the feeling, since I got myself a copy of dogma - land of utopia a few days ago, I'm only looking for 5 more albums that I HAVE to have :)

with zirrex on the very top of that list ... who knows ... maybe some day ...

The weird thing is, I have 500+ titles in my collection, and I constantly keep buying more, but some days I feel like there's nothing of it I can listen to. I'm not narrow in my taste either, I go outside both electronica and rock, maybe I need to broaden my views even more? Or find an additional hobby?

I'm very happy with my CD collection but, like NilsTentacles, often crave new music despite owning over 500 albums. I'd be even happier if my CD collection was a vinyl collection. But it isn't. Nor will it ever be.

The weird thing is, I have 500+ titles in my collection, and I constantly keep buying more, but some days I feel like there's nothing of it I can listen to. I'm not narrow in my taste either, I go outside both electronica and rock, maybe I need to broaden my views even more? Or find an additional hobby?

Hehe, I totally agree. Sometimes nothing will satisfy your ears but silence. Accept and then appreciate your albums even more, afterwards. Or maybe download a Take That track to remind yourself of how great your own taste really is. :)

Theres nothing to do about it

I got over 1200cds but I still crave for new music sometimes

It seems I do not want to listen to those but something new, a new sound, a new progression, or the same in a different way...

and my music view is broad I guess, I listen to psychedelic anything trance, dub, jazz, rock, electronica...

Still sometimes I cant seem to find what I am looking for in the collection, that led me to start learning production though :)

I now started working and hopefully in 3 to 5 years I can produce some interesting music according to my taste :)

Why's that, exotic? :(

I wasnt much of a collector, didnt have the time nor the inclination till i started posting on psynews which is when i realised that i should start buying cd's. bad bad me.

so im a n00b when it comes to my cd collection.

Guest antic

I wasnt much of a collector, didnt have the time nor the inclination till i started posting on psynews which is when i realised that i should start buying cd's. bad bad me.

so im a n00b when it comes to my cd collection.

What exactly made you feel that way?

What exactly made you feel that way?

When links were provided here related to music , it was always discogs. So i searched a little further and i saw most of the psynews members had accounts there. and it was then that i was exposed to this piracy and renumeration to the artists debate so i decided to stop what i was doing and try to chip in whatever i could to support the people that were making this music which i love so much. i felt i was cheating on the music which gave me so much pleasure. so that was it :)

Guest antic

When links were provided here related to music , it was always discogs. So i searched a little further and i saw most of the psynews members had accounts there. and it was then that i was exposed to this piracy and renumeration to the artists debate so i decided to stop what i was doing and try to chip in whatever i could to support the people that were making this music which i love so much. i felt i was cheating on the music which gave me so much pleasure. so that was it :)

:clapping:

Tell this to those Metapsychic guys, who think this forum is useless and having a CD collection is stupid... :)

I don't have as many as you, but I understand where you're coming from.

I get bored... maybe that's a harsh word, but I feel the need to listen to more

then just Psy. I love my Alternative & Electronica... I still need that!

However, Psy rules above all others & every time I get a package from

Saiko Sounds I feel like a kid in a candy store!! :D

I agree about always craving for new music. I'm happy with my collection, not only about the psy stuff but also about the regular trance, and my non electronic stuff but I still feel the urge to buy new music from all genres. It's just so nice to have new albums and find out about new artists or tracks.