Gonzo Journalism #1- Edge of the Desert

alleycat

So, Ive wanted to put together a full-power morning mix for a long time, its some of the most psychedelic stuff, IMO, out there. Perfect for a good morning stomp in the desert! Perfect for those 'gonzo' times! So I finally got around to mixing it. Tons of great tracks from pretty much all the best artists who've ever made any pure psychedelic morning tracks!

Guinea Pigs-Have a Nice Flight (Not Tested on Animals-Zaikadelic)

Kalilaskov AS- Passion (Blah-Hypnotica)

Dmitri Zara Vs Synthogen-Escom (Peak-O-Path-Peak)

Terranoise-Groovy Movie (Terranovibration-Doof)

Electrypnose vs Energy Loop-Don't Kill Me (Civilysed Chaos-Geomagnetic)

Penta-Here We Come (Horn Please-Auraquake)

Terminator vs Metallaxis-Manipulate (Dark Side of Goa-Discovalley)

Para Halu-Twisted Sunset (Dark Steps of the Mind-MoonSun)

Hallucinogenic Horses-Knirkmalirk (Infernal Intuition-Insomnia)

Dominator-Paranormal Connection (Paranormal Connection-Deja Vu)

CPC-Squeezer (Double Bouble-Manic Dragon)

Terminator-Full Power Sunrise (Overdrive-Vertigo)

Cactus-Love Magic (Extremely Careful-Doof)

Psykovsky Da High Dza Dza-Technology to Develop (Peace for the Wicked-Tantrumm/OSOM)

Stream:

http://www.psystream.net/forum/local_links...id=3&page=1

DL:

http://www.psystream.net/forum/local_links...250&catid=3

Took me a few tries to get the tracklist fine tuned and work out all the kinks. It turned out a lot better than I expected!

Here's a complete catalog of all my mixes on Psystream (sorry, its on Isra, took long enough to post there, Im not gonna try to transcribe everything here... Suck it up and brave the Blue Screen of Isra-Doom...):

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/...113054/forum/67

Yes, with Psykovsky and Para Halu.

And.... Terminator practically INVENTED this style! (hehe, track's called Full Power Sunrise after all! :P)

This is NOT an average morning style mix.

And, you should hear some of the stuff they play in the morning down in Southern Cali...

we here in europe might be trendy and all, but here the term morning stands for gentle, lucid, happy, uplifting and melodic in one word, whereas zolod's music stands for brutal, dark and berserking (berserkative :P)

hehe, you call that night? :lol: To each their own! ;)

To me, morning isn't a matter of any set sort of sounds, but a feeling, a mood of the morning. It doesn't have to be slow, either! Sometimes its nice to have some crazier stuff for the morning rather than the usual morning full on or nice smooth progressive. Just because its the way its always been done, doesn't mean there aren't other ways of doing it! I think of vibrant, full, colorful music when I think of the morning, and most of these tracks fit that description.

I love morning fullon and smooth prog as well, but sometimes I just want something harder and crazier...

And, parties here in the US, at least the ones I like to go to, usually play much harder and faster stuff in the night time. Compare Guinea Pigs and Zolod to, say, Jellyheadz, or Orestis, and you'll see, they are quite different.