Twisted Rec DVD

Dajek

The bonus audio CD features a new hallucinogen track, previously unreleased 'Big Tits' (heard it before in an old Ministry of Sound radio show) by Audio Chemists and a track from the upcoming Younger Brother album & more...

The tracklist is very promising. Has anyone purchased the pack? I would like to know your opinionses =)

And what about the DVD itself? Anything interesting or just some boring party videos?

I got it and enjoyed it, though neither my mac pro nor my flatmates macbook could read the studio tours part but my old iMac could ??? Anyways its most probably because, it was the most important part of the dvd for me (murphies laws)

I liked it, its packed with stuff,

-you can watch people dancing in the party, the music is not live though and I prefer to listen to better sound than a rough recording made in a tunnel just for having it for the sake of being live

-a photo gallery of people came in costumes at the same party

-a nice dj mix by ott with classics to listen to while having nice visuals on the screen (very nice to smoke to with your friends)

-the studio tours are really nice if not very informative, but whatever they did I believe I d still look for even more in depth stuff, so its actually good :) The Ott one is a classic.

-the interviews are cool, and they re very amateur, simon turns red in his one with benji at some point, but I still prefer it to Raja with his sometimes too much energy (maybe I overlistened to what he says in the last few weeks, I got the supervision too) and these are actually good things.

All in all its a very cozy dvd, and its intimacy gets me and still shows me no one is trying to turn into stars and they re in it for their love of music.

and there is an audio disc too as if these were not enough

It is ok, the new hallucinogen track is not groundbreaking, nice to have big tits on audio, the Ott track is lovely, it is very Ott and to my amazement his production is even better. I loved the Younger Brother and it makes me really happy, I am waiting eagerly for the album. The rest of the stuff we had on this or that album or comp, but it still is a big plus.

The moment of truth : This is by far the best dvd ever on this scene period. So why bother, get it for fucks sake, these people are trying to communicate and make something nice. I really like to thank them as they re my fave label since they were born.

i have it and it arrived in italy.. but i am in uruguay.. my bro is sending it to me through mail. i will hopefully watch it soon and let u know how it is :) from the review seems cool..

ps: people buy it!! support twisted!! too bad for the live sound though.. oh an dby the way i should be sometimes in the videos, i was there :) with my trippy space tribe clothes and my indian jacket (or haw u call it) ehe

Actually it is not that special, Fabien gave it to me last weekend, and what can I say...

The dvd is nicely made, but the atmosphere doesn't seem to good when filmed and specially... NOT 1 SECOND OF THE OLD SCHOOL ROOM! grrr, that's why I bought it in the first place... Green Nuns live damned, but ok... Bad luck I guess... The interviews are the most interviews of the other features I think...

The music then... The new Hallucinogen track is nice :) OTT as well, but Kox box and Transwave are very bad, Transwave made a total NOT IN DEPTH full on rmx of their greatest classic, blasphemy :P

So well, for me 5/10

Saw the dvd a few days ago and It sucked honestly. No old school room video etc. Only from the mainstage with koxbox , transwave playing crap... Shabby trance was nice and some stuff was still viewable...

The mainroom didn't look like a real crazy psychedelic party. Sometimes It looks like a boring house party in a disco.... So maybe a view of oldskool room could have been nice. But big events always look kinda boring and slow. But ofcourse the music is not off that kind that you want to pull your hair out, twist your spine, break your feet, screw your head off etc etc...

I rather like the DVD myself; the interviews and studio tours, in particular, are very interesting and the LSD video and Ott's VJ mix make excellent 'under the influence' viewing. What really makes the DVD an essential purchase however is the bundled bonus audio CD which, as far as I'm concerned, is the best trance album I've heard in a long time and one that has single-handedly rekindled my weak and dying interest in psy music.

Younger Brother's "I am a Freak", Hallucinogen's "Shabby Trance" and Ott's "Rogue Babel" are out and out masterpieces that stand up to anything past and present and are a welcome reminder there remain a few artists who can inject a little magic and imagination into trance.

There's a lot of talk about this over on the Twisted forums. You can definately hear the crowd at the end of the tracks but many are claiming the tracks were dubbed over the video... so I don't know.

I rather like the DVD myself; the interviews and studio tours, in particular, are very interesting and the LSD video and Ott's VJ mix make excellent 'under the influence' viewing. What really makes the DVD an essential purchase however is the bundled bonus audio CD which, as far as I'm concerned, is the best trance album I've heard in a long time and one that has single-handedly rekindled my weak and dying interest in psy music.

Younger Brother's "I am a Freak", Hallucinogen's "Shabby Trance" and Ott's "Rogue Babel" are out and out masterpieces that stand up to anything past and present and are a welcome reminder there remain a few artists who can inject a little magic and imagination into trance.

whore.