MPRCD03 - VA - Human Hyperactivation

I don't agree with you. I think that new-school goa should sound shiny and modern - old goa have been done already. What's the point in making the new stuff again?

I agree in one thing the neo goa sounds modern, but somehow i dont get those chills down my spine that i get when listening to old school goa made with analog synthesizers.. the vst sound is to plastic and lacks the textures and rawness of the analog circuits.

For example imagine hallucinogen twisted album made with vst.. wouldnt be the same thing.. this is of course my point of view on these things and im aware that not everyone will agree, still i make neo goa so im really bashing on my self here ;) but it was better before old is gold remember? Its an interesting thing to discuss nonetheless, but i will not hijack this topic anymore for that maybe we could make a new thread to discuss this.

Regards

Diaks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like this compilation. Great music but the sound quality sucks. Even worse, it is caused by bad mastering. For example Jungle Hippie that was posted in this forum was mixed oldschool and a little flat, but now its totally distorted. It has not improved, it was made worse. To be specific, i still listen to the original Jungle Hippie sometimes, while i instantly deleted the Hyperactivation version because of the distortion that was added, making it almost unlistenable. To me it looks like musical effects that are used on single instruments were used in a process that should only involve sound stuff like compression.

I agree in one thing the neo goa sounds modern, but somehow i dont get those chills down my spine that i get when listening to old school goa made with analog synthesizers.. the vst sound is to plastic and lacks the textures and rawness of the analog circuits.

Trust me - digital vs analog is NOT the reason why you get those chills down the spine :)

• 2 weeks later...

As always thanks for commenting our music and not the by-standings as we often end up there.

To be honest i didnt like this compilation at first. Sure there where a few good tracks that got my attention but thats all. As a mater of fact i was really unsure of releasing this due to this fact. But after time passed and i started to focus more on the release and what it had to say to me i started to like it more and more. I can honestly say that this is not as good as our first VA (Pyramidal Trancendence) but its not far of either. When u get in tune with the sounds you will see how they work their magic on you. It took me some time to understand it and get used to it but now its a really good compilation.

I played this in Bulgaria on the Rila Tranquility festival and the reaction was amazing. Even though in the morning most of the ppl where chilling or sleeping you could feelt he precens of it all. They where hiding infront of the speakers, dancing like crazy and just letting it all out. Call it the magic of that place we where on (1600 meters above the sea line) and had 10-20 meter high trees or it all combined, it was really really nice!

But as always we cant sattisfy everyone, that would be even virtualy impossible =) So for those that bought our release, THANKS for the support, and for those that though it was crap, im sorry we made you dissapointed. Hopefully next time we will make it up to you. Im pretty sure most ppl will be happy about our next release.

And btw i saw the talk/comments about us going "PRO" and still havent delivered any CDs. I can say that we are waiting for the respons of a distributor thats apparently taking to long. Hopefully we will get a respons this week and we can work on that...more news will come about this issue.

Thanks again!

/Martin

• 1 year later...