MPRCD03 - VA - Human Hyperactivation

Posted Image

You can now start ordering "Human Hyperactivation" as MP3 320kpbs (cover included) for 6€

WAV format of this album is now available for purchase for : 8€.

Tracklist:

01. Pan Psychic – In Suspend

02. Mindsphere - Perception

03. Subra - Snel Hest

04. Artifact303 - Trip To The Sun

05. Pandemonium - Pandemonium

06. Liquid Flow - Overdose

07. Alienxxs - Infected Creature

08. Brain Technology - Jungle Hippie

09. Nolax - Pareidolia

Further INFO about this concept should come up very soon.

ORDER IT NOW :

Meta-Shop

Metapsychic Records

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm, according to my experience aswell as wikipedia it isnt.

flac is lossless, use it :)

Wiki states mp3 is a lossy format which is true, mp3 is generally considered a lossy format however when it created from WAV at 320kbps its pretty much lossless, or at least very close to it.

Generally that means the quality is extremely good and much better than your average mp3!

Also considering FLAC isn't very format friendly and probably doesn't work on IPOD, lots of people don't understand the difference in formats and conversion and would have trouble with them.

But all this is irrelevant in the light of the goodness of the sounds on this VA, these are some killer mp3s at the best possible quality!

We hope you enjoy the preview streams we have provided, they are only a small fraction of the fidelity of the downloads.

Best Regards,

Metapsychic Records

yeah, well, mp3 IS lossless :P however, most people find it "un-easy" to buy mp3s, they want more for their buck, many dont buy mp3s simply because they can get everything they want from p2p.

good luck with it :)

well, then those dumb consumers who dont want to learn simple thing how to convert flac into mp3 [if needed] dont deserve other format than flac :lol::P

most people find it "un-easy" to buy mp3s, they want more for their buck..

Dear Reger,

I guess some may find it 'uneasy' to do but despite that and p2p networking, sites like Apples Itunes and Napster still seem to do just fine on selling mp3 downloads, they literally make millions! There's definitely folks out there interested in purchasing mp3 downloads.

good luck with it :)

Thanks! We don't expect massive success or anything but its all there and good to go if anyone is interested. We're pretty proud of the latest releases as we've got some very good tracks that have been cooked to perfection that you won't find anywhere else, definitely worth checking them em out!

http://www.beatbiz.net/artist.php?USERID=1411

All the best,

Metapsychic Records

umm, according to my experience aswell as wikipedia it isnt.

-OT-

i once read on wikipedia that the new uk pm is "a penis". it was quite funny, what if some student copied it for a work and didn't bother to check what he was copying :D

-OT-

Wiki states mp3 is a lossy format which is true, mp3 is generally considered a lossy format however when it created from WAV at 320kbps its pretty much lossless, or at least very close to it.

I suggest you look into the matter further. Many djs I know refuse to dj from even 320k mp3s. 320 is the highest mp3 has to offer, but there is still a lot that gets lost. For home listening its fine but for proper events there is a lot of debate on the issue.

Regardless, best of luck on the release!

Many djs I know refuse to dj from even 320k mp3s. 320 is the highest mp3 has to offer, but there is still a lot that gets lost. For home listening its fine but for proper events there is a lot of debate on the issue.

Exactly.

I suggest you look into the matter further. Many djs I know refuse to dj from even 320k mp3s. 320 is the highest mp3 has to offer, but there is still a lot that gets lost. For home listening its fine but for proper events there is a lot of debate on the issue.

Regardless, best of luck on the release!

Dear Jikkenteki,

Well I have been toying with mp3s now since they first came out so I know much about this myself, the thing is most mp3 encoders by default filter out frequencies below 10hz so bass is lost, DJs I have talked to generally say 'mp3 filters the bass' which is true. However the option can be disabled in certain encoders.

I've also heard of DJs doing sets with mp3s on laptops with things like Traktor, Albeton and such. Considering how noisy vinyls are and how vinyl masters have to cut low and high frequencies to stop the record jumping mp3 isnt so bad really, so long as your not DJing 64kbps mp3s!

We might look into getting some other formats up soon anyhow, the problem is the files are so big they take ages to upload and download, I think FLAC maybe a possibility though. If you join our mailling list you will get an e-mail update if we upload some new files and such.

Best Regards,

Metapsychic Records

:blink: MP3 is a lossy format; "pretty much lossless" means pretty much nothing at all. FLAC/WAV or GTFO :)

I've also heard of DJs doing sets with mp3s on laptops with things like Traktor, Albeton and such. Considering how noisy vinyls are and how vinyl masters have to cut low and high frequencies to stop the record jumping mp3 isnt so bad really, so long as your not DJing 64kbps mp3s!

Yeah, I know there are more and more DJs using mp3s and that is fine. My main point is that as a label you obviously want to get your tracks heard by as many people as possible. Regardless of the "facts" of the situation, there are still A LOT of DJs who won't dj using mp3s yet, so chosing to only release these as mp3 cuts a good number of potential listeners (and players to other people) out of the picture before your music is even heard. I totally understand the bandwidth problems and such, but if you want to do it right, you should find a way. FLAC is a good option I think, easy to use and all.

Best of luck. :)

Yeah, I know there are more and more DJs using mp3s and that is fine. My main point is that as a label you obviously want to get your tracks heard by as many people as possible. Regardless of the "facts" of the situation, there are still A LOT of DJs who won't dj using mp3s yet, so chosing to only release these as mp3 cuts a good number of potential listeners (and players to other people) out of the picture before your music is even heard. I totally understand the bandwidth problems and such, but if you want to do it right, you should find a way. FLAC is a good option I think, easy to use and all.

Best of luck. :)

Thanks for your input and point taken. We don't want to put you guys off or anything so as a result we are also going to upload the WAVs for those of you interested. We were going to put them on Psytopia but we think BeatBiz is a better option for us atm, they are always making updates and they have an awesome preview player, and us artists get 100% of any payments directly. We told them about the IE bug with the albums and they fixed it in a matter of minutes! The WAVs should be online by the end of the day. ;)

Best Regards,

Metapsychic Records

from start to finish its a fast paced compilation , full of melodies , layers , exactly what i was looking for!!

The wavs sound so nice and the mastering is really good!

thank you metapsychic!

are you kidding? This is by far the best Goa release EVER! Massive props to you folks for putting it together.

lol, it isnt best ever, never will, i doubt there will be any goa release ever that will be able to exceed what oldschool goa during its fame years achieved ;)

not to slag of this release however ;) artifacts track is nice :)

:blink: MP3 is a lossy format; "pretty much lossless" means pretty much nothing at all. FLAC/WAV or GTFO :)

agree , mp3 is only good for mp3 flash players there quantity prefered then quality , nothing can beat up original cd-da format , wave is much better then any compressed shit but much more then the cd

btw i wonder who stends behind that Metapsychic_Records nick ...

The person behind the metapsychic official name is someone who's been a long time forumer here, we are all community.

I agree Artifact303's track is something pleasant and new, where did this guy come from? Any info/background/myspace? I wonder what his other music sounds like.

As for the Mp3 vs CD peeps - between 320kb and wav you're talking about loosing maybe 1-5hz range and dampening 16kz-20khz - ranges that most people can't even HEAR even if they could affort the expensive setup to play those frequencies in their proper fidelity. There is a practicality behind an mp3 release, and Metapsychic honored the wav requests within a day so there is no reason to argue that. A CD release would infact kick ass, but metapsychic just pulled together its resources and just started up - no one said CD releases are out of the question and the guys will do it if they had the funds, unfortunately these things need a solid investment to get going, an investment needs to be fronted thats usually alot more than 1 person or even a small group can come up with in short notice.

For the time being I think this is an interesting trial on behalf of Metapsychic to see if people out there can respect the artists - they love and support the free music but when it comes time to show the artists some modest support, we'll know how much of a family the goa community really can be.

I've known many of these artists for a long time and despite having many of these tracks simply out of friendly relations, I still went and bought the actual copies, its the least I could do for the music these guys have been giving us all these years. I'm not buying the music, I'm thanking the artist and doing my part, my link of the chain, to make this long broken system work of rewarding the things that deserve reward.