What spekaers do you have/use?

Muerto

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you obviously choose not to use it to decrease the volume in the headphones, and you can't crank it up and rock on those speakers even if you wanted to...there isn't enough power for that...but hey it's your ears not mine :)

I'm still not sure what you mean. the power-amp I'm using is one from Rega, and it's very capable of providing the power I need to play loud.

p.s.

I also have a volume control on the headphone-amp, so I can control the volume on my headphones too. play loud if I want to, or play low if I want to.

I'm still not sure what you mean. the power-amp I'm using is one from Rega, and it's very capable of providing the power I need to play loud.

p.s.

I also have a volume control on the headphone-amp, so I can control the volume on my headphones too. play loud if I want to, or play low if I want to.

Ooops sorry I confused you for someone else in a different discussion :) Please disregard my comments.

haha... looking at charlie's ones :) I paid fiver for my friend and he gave me his old ones. they're *old* but work fairly good.

my amp is a nice pioneer one thou :) I def need to look for better speakers... ehm, I mean spekaers soon. Better audible masturbation for the victory right?

ProAc Future Point Five's :posford: -

Posted Image

@ ZenFountain, I love your little tube amp. :wub: There's something very romantic about tubes.

beautiful :clapping:

let me see if I can find my pics :

beh I cant find them....I wasted 30mins trying to find them...enough :angry:

Posted Image

I only do stuff on my computer mainly (including listening to music) so I bought real nice computer speakers. They are nicer quality then the stuff I've heard in anyone's lounge and the subwoofer gives nice base and reasonably loud too (at least for listening that's all I need). Do me just fine.

I'm so music quality elitest now. I refuse to listen to anything on mp3 player headphones or in a car stereo because it's just degrading to the songs.

beautiful :clapping:

let me see if I can find my pics :

beh I cant find them....I wasted 30mins trying to find them...enough :angry:

These are yours, aren't they?

Posted Image

Gorgeous. :wub:

Charlie,

I could not help notice you have an Isotek (the Titans I think) for your mains. I am glad to see it works in your system. I have had terrible results with it - it seems to rob dynamics from my system.

Apparently my Pass Labs amp already filters and adjusts for the dodgy mains current and the Titan is just overkill. However, on the other hand, quality mains cable make a positive difference in my system.

Pedro

Charlie,

I could not help notice you have an Isotek (the Titans I think) for your mains. I am glad to see it works in your system. I have had terrible results with it - it seems to rob dynamics from my system.

Apparently my Pass Labs amp already filters and adjusts for the dodgy mains current and the Titan is just overkill. However, on the other hand, quality mains cable make a positive difference in my system.

Pedro

Hey, Pedro. Yeah, it's the Isotek Titan. I tried a number of filters, including the Nordost Thor and Shunyata Hydra, before deciding on the Titan - which works very well in my system. Besides providing a cleaner, more refined sound, what really impresses me is it's mammoth power output (a continuous 4,600 watts rising to 23,000 watts when needed) which, ultimately, means even the largest of transients are handled with impressive authority and continued seperation. I never really appreciated how compressed music can sound during transients when there is insufficient power, and once I fitted the Titan and discovered how much more powerful and clean they can sound there was no turning back.

charlie has the same flowers as i do

what a glorious day it is!

I've been racking my mind trying to remember the name of the plant, but can't. Put me out of my misery and tell me what it's called.

I've been racking my mind trying to remember the name of the plant, but can't. Put me out of my misery and tell me what it's called.

I have no idea. it was a gift from my crazy indian friend and she didn't leave a name. I will ask it at the lady from the flowershop next time.

Hey, Pedro. Yeah, it's the Isotek Titan. I tried a number of filters, including the Nordost Thor and Shunyata Hydra, before deciding on the Titan - which works very well in my system. Besides providing a cleaner, more refined sound, what really impresses me is it's mammoth power output (a continuous 4,600 watts rising to 23,000 watts when needed) which, ultimately, means even the largest of transients are handled with impressive authority and continued seperation. I never really appreciated how compressed music can sound during transients when there is insufficient power, and once I fitted the Titan and discovered how much more powerful and clean they can sound there was no turning back.

Charlie, do you run you audio system through a separtate cord from the central power board?

(I'm drunk, couldn;t remember how to say it properly, but hope you get what I mean :))

@ ZenFountain, I love your little tube amp. :wub: There's something very romantic about tubes.

Trade ya :lol:

Tubes are alright...this will probably be my first and last though. I don't like having to wait for them to warm up and these hobby built Hong Kong amps are not exactly built to last. My next amp will be a solid state Corda or Heed for for sure.