Sun Control Species - Scienza Nuova (Iboga)

GaySatanicHippie

Artist : SunControlSpecies

Title : Scienza Nuova

Label : Iboga Records

Style : Horse Trance

Format : CD and MP3

Release date : june 2007

Posted Image

Tracklist :

1. Only Human (a day in forever) (133 bpm)

2. Polarized (135 bpm)

3. Kick me shake me (135 bpm)

4. Scienza Nuova

5. Exubrious (132 bpm)

6. Here comes the titans (136 bpm)

7. Muddlehead.100 (133 bpm)

8. Spines (133)

9. The big mistake of '08 (132 bpm)

A proggy psy album with only about 45 seconds of arpeggiated basslines!

AWESOME!

I feel like I'm 24 again! Where have the days gone where we could live out our equestrian fantasies and gallop freely on the lush meadows along the GoA 24 like the young careless Pony's that we were....

Nostalgia, Nostalgia....

I haven't followed the psy-scene much in a while, but it seems to me all proggy releases featured either arpeggiated basslines or dumb german oompa-oompa sound a la Fabio.

This, however, is a throwback to the good old deep atmospheric prog-psy with those galopping Mustang grooves that would put joy into the heart of every semi demented 10 year-old girl who thinks of nothing else but her little horsey.

When I was middle school, there was a girl in my class who was really into horses. Her name was Manja. She went so far that when we had the 50 meter dash in Sports class, she wouldn't run as fast as she could, she would galopp like a horse. Of course she had a pony-tail, she read the Wendy magazine, and when she wasn't riding horses, she was playing with "My little Pony".

So in the name of Manja, every ten year-old girl on the planet, and useless E-Tards like myself who sometimes like to pretend like we are little horseys too whenever we get to roam a lush meadow at 10 in the morning, I hereby officially award SCS the

GAY SATANIC MY LITTLE PONY AWARD

Posted Image

for the advancement of the horse groove.

Leaving the groove aside, I really dig this album. It sounds awesome, there are dense atmospheres and cool sounds everywhere, it just goes down like water. I basically only listened to minimal techno lately, after listening this album I'm realizing what I have been missing. It really is a whole other listening experience. So nice job SCS, and thanks for refraining from arpeggiated basslines :clapping:

In my opinion there were better Iboga's releases, both album and compilations.

And at least for me it's a little bit too style-copied from vibrasphere. Don't you recognize it ?

Anyways, the god hasnt been beaten :) Vibrasphere is still the best

In my opinion there were better Iboga's releases, both album and compilations.

And at least for me it's a little bit too style-copied from vibrasphere. Don't you recognize it ?

Anyways, the god hasnt been beaten :) Vibrasphere is still the best

I didn't get a slightest thought of Vibrasphere when listening to SCS. Maybe only when I thought of quality, then yeah - this is as good as Vibrasphere ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get a slightest thought of Vibrasphere when listening to SCS. Maybe only when I thought of quality, then yeah - this is as good as Vibrasphere ;)

I also don't see such a great similarity between Vibrasphere and Sun Control Species. So far, I am enjoying the SCS release more than Vibrasphere's....

Pedro

I also don't see such a great similarity between Vibrasphere and Sun Control Species. So far, I am enjoying the SCS release more than Vibrasphere's....

Pedro

Compared to Vibrasphere's latest minimal/ambient, this one wins. I'm not even sure there was anything better this year in the prog field.

• 2 weeks later...

This album is so fucking great, the more I listen the more I see the greatness in this album. I hate to say this I am a big fan of Vibrasphere but I think this knocks them off to the 2nd place in the progressive scene for me at least.

This is an excellent album. Gee havent used that description for a progressive release since Son Kite. It is a complete album. Not one or two good tracks in between filler. It took him a long time to release this and i am glad he took the time. He has ticked all the right box's. Sound Quality :clapping: Depth :clapping: Originality ( Vibrasphere my arse) :clapping: .You can not play this softly.

Just do your self a favour and get this.

The best example is 1st track called "only a human". If i didnt know its scs i would say without any doubt the performer is vibrasphere. Listen to this track and to "in control" by vibrasphere in any order you like.

Still no similarity ? 0_o

I agree with you, my first thought was Vibrasphere. It's pretty obvious. I know prog uses a lot of sidechaining but this one is exactly the same as Vibrasphere,

Very good album indeed, it's evident it took a lot of work, is not one of those premanufactured albums made just to comply with the label contract. It is progressive psy with some innovative elements, bottom line, is not your typical prog psy iboga release :posford:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very good album, it lands just in between psychedelic and progressive, just like Vibrasphere, but it has it's special flavor, Sun Control Species definitely is one of the progpsy artists to watch for, his past singles and remixes are very fine too.

Kick Me Shake Me and Here Comes The Titans are superb party tracks, and Spines has a very unique distinction, what instrument is the one that sounds all over the song ?? It sounds kind of indie, but I don't know ...

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, at last! This is one of the better progressive album releases. Some very good tunes especially HERE COME THE TITANS which is a cut above the rest for me.

Possibly the best progressive album of the year?

also one of my favorites this year!

• 1 month later...

I don't know how some of you guys can't hear the similarities between this and Vibrasphere. Pawelek nailed it. That is not a bad thing and it doesn't take anything away from the superb sound of this album. Really enjoyed this.

Mdk

+1

Ok sure, there's one element in the track that is just like Vibrasphere, but I think it's original enough to stand on it's own. Also even if I hear the similarity the track doesn't sound at all like "in control" . I feel like that is saying that someone would copy another one just for having the same bassline, that I say as an amateur ofc.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I luuuurve this album, it's so deep and groovy. My only complaint is that some of the tracks sound a litte too samish, but that's not really that much of a problem when the sound is this good!

Favourites: Only human for a day and Kick me shake me (what a bass!!!)

8/10

• 1 year later...