is there a perfect album?

technosomy

Derango - Tumult comes the closest of being a perfect album but sadly this rarely happens in the psytrance world <_<

There are many great ambient and IDM albums that are perfect from the beginning to the end -_-

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe in the notion of perfection so, for me, there is no perfect album. There are however plently of albums I consider brilliant and fabulous which is reason enough to be happy. :)

• 2 months later...

1st

The Infinity Project - Mystical Experiences

The Mystery of the Yeti

The Mystery of the Yeti 2

Enigma - Le Roi Est Mort Vive Le Roi

Solar Fields - Leaving Home

Solar Fields - Extended

Tripswitch - Circuit Breaker (although I love deer park more than the other tracks it doesn't detract from the greatness of the other tracks)

I'm going to add Rena Jones - Driftwood to this list.

These albums are not perfect but are as close as one can get IMO

If the album has to be blended, there is only one that really springs to my mind that would qualify.

Sound Field - Audio Surfin and OOOD - Free Range

both being super diverse in style and I love them both.

• 3 weeks later...

If the album has to be blended, there is only one that really springs to my mind that would qualify.

Sound Field - Audio Surfin and OOOD - Free Range

both being super diverse in style and I love them both.

Agree with you 100 % :) , but the perfect album in these day is Protonica - Search and the new Goasia

etnica - the juggling alchemists under the blacklight

just puuuuuuurfect *happy grin*

I must say that after listening to D5-Transdimensional I found it mediocre, it's sounds quality, the exaggerated use of claps and "dirty" hihats, lack of "flying" melodies... this is not what I've expected from THE MOST wanted goa release

Same here. I can't what's the fuss all about this one...

Same here. I can't what's the fuss all about this one...

Yup! I personally like a hell of a lot more albums than that one. It's good but it's not great. It was raised in stature by it's rarity. :ph34r:

I can only answer the first question: for me the perfect album is Classical Mushroom by Infected Mushroom. For me it was always a tie between this one and the first Hallucinogen album but since my last trip (long walk with my MP3 player) when I've heard both albums while tripping my tits of CM is in the lead by far. I have to say every single effect, even every single note is just perfect. The songs sound like from another dimension, like being 3D or something. I've listened to several albums on that trip and nothing came close. Well, maybe the Hallucinogen tracks but still, Classical Mushroom is THE ALBUM for me.

Yep. Id have to give this 10/10. IMO their best album.

i have never been a real i.m fan but bp has also always been the one i have liked the most (sorry tats)

i do like classical but i think when it was released i was lost in a world of acid and cosmosis and flying rhinos so never really took them on board until b.p came along

• 2 months later...

A few more that are close to perfect in my ears are

Sienis - From A Nutter Perspective (Gi'iwa Productions 2007)

The craziness level is perfect! The basslines make my mind & body want to rise up & the energy is fantastic. Best album from 2007 & maybe one of my favourites ever. Nothing is perfect but this comes close.

Solar Fields - EarthShine (Ultimae Records 2007)

Purely flawless production. Trance with a lot of ambience, how trance should be. It's easy to get lost in this album. The only flaw is that it's not gapless like his downbeat albums. Solar Fields please make more trance (and ambient too :))

Cymphonic - Strataradialis (Databloem 2007)

This continues to grow on me. Every time I hear it I notice something new. The music is so descriptive it's brilliant. The only flaw is that it's not longer <_<:lol:

Cosmosis - Synergy

Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger

Hallucinogen - In Dub

Koxbox - Dragon Tales

Process - One Drop or Two?

Prometheus - Robot.O.Chan

Space Tribe - Sonic Mandala

Voice of Cod - We Are Free

X-Dream - We Created Our Own Happiness

They all come very close to that 'perfect album', like 95-99% (apart from the music, I also include artwork & design there).

There's no 100% perfect album, though.

Psy & Goa trance wise the following albums never cease to amaze me, front to back:

Pleiadians- I.F.O.

Prana- Geomantik

Tandu- Multimoods

Cosmosis- Synergy

Orichalcum & The Deviant- s/f

Planet B.E.N.- Trippy future garden

Etnica- The juggeling alchemists under the black light

Honorable mention goes to Green Nuns Of The Revolution- Rock bitch mafia, which I don't own in original format, but hopefully that will change pretty soon... Just lemme sell the family values and I'll bless myself with a copy :)

Other musical albums would be:

Pink Floyd- Wish you were here

The Verve- Urban hymns

X 101- s/f

E Dancer- Heavenly

Laurent Garnier- Unreasonable behavior

X 102- Discovers the rings of saturn

Joey Beltram- Aonox

Toktok- Tora bora

Ken Ishii- Jell tones

Richie Hawtin- Selection 1990-2000

Speedy J- G spot

Sven Vath- The harlequin, the beauty & the beast

DJ Shadow- Entroducing...

Public Enemy- It takes a nation of millions to hold us back

Cosmosis - Synergy

Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger

Hallucinogen - In Dub

Koxbox - Dragon Tales

Process - One Drop or Two?

Prometheus - Robot.O.Chan

Space Tribe - Sonic Mandala

Voice of Cod - We Are Free

X-Dream - We Created Our Own Happiness

They all come very close to that 'perfect album', like 95-99% (apart from the music, I also include artwork & design there).

There's no 100% perfect album, though.

I like your taste man, you have partly a very similar taste then me, especially when it comes to hallucinogen and Koxbox. For me the perfect album is, no question, Hallucinogen - Twisted, no weak tracks there and no tracks I skip, I never mind playing the whole album and never skip a track when I decide to start from the first track.

I don't believe in the notion of perfection so, for me, there is no perfect album. There are however plently of albums I consider brilliant and fabulous which is reason enough to be happy. :)

+! -_-

Dimension 5 - Transdimensional

Hallucinogen - Twisted

Etnica - Alien Protein !

Ra - To Sirius

and ofcourse Pleiadians - IFO but that's like a holy grail to me :rolleyes:

Not really original, but they are the ones to pop up in my mind first :P