Psyshop or Saikosounds?

sammyhkhan

I´ve ordered something like 120 Cds and the same amount of vinyls at Psyshop, and i have never experienced a single Problem there. But most of the time i check the samples at saiko, because they have 4 minute samples instead of the 30 seconds @ Psyshop.

Guest The Journey Man Project

depends where you live... Europ I"d say psyshop, Asia and Oceania (aus and N.Z) I''d say saikosounds... actually Australia I"d say www.psytrax.com

Guest antic

Saiko for me because Psyshop doesn't ship to Ukraine. BUt it takes up to 4-5 weeks before I get the CD :/

Really?! It takes just one week to Poland! I bet it's customs in Ukraine who hold it so long...

On topic: Both ar great. Psyshop is most of the time a bit faster, but on the other hand Saiko has a lot wider selection (lot's of quite old stuff, too) and is cheaper for me. It's about 1-1.5 EUR on each CD due to the fact that price in Psyshop includes EU tax. Of course shipping from Hong-Kong is more expensive, but starting from 2CDs order the difference disappears... One more thing - Saiko has an up-to-date list of specials (lower priced stuff), while Psyshop has the same bargain CDs since 2-3 years.

So, from my experience Saiko is better, though I can't say a bad word about Psyshop either - never had any problems with any of them.

When I lived in the US Saiko was significantly faster in the shipping department (3 days versus about 9 for Psyshop), but for me the deciding point was customer service. Saiko has excellent customer service, With Psyshop I wouldn't know because in also seven years, they have never answered a single email I have sent them, both as a customer and as a label representative. :(

I´ve ordered something like 120 Cds and the same amount of vinyls at Psyshop, and i have never experienced a single Problem there. But most of the time i check the samples at saiko, because they have 4 minute samples instead of the 30 seconds @ Psyshop.

Same exact thing with me, I listen to samples on Saiko, and order on Psyshop. I like the way that psyshop is set up. You can see all of the album art. B)

I usually order from psyshop because stuff arrives a lot faster, however I use saikosounds every now and then because I use their four minute samples to decide what to buy, so I would feel guilty if they never got any money out of me.

Saikosounds: great customer service, fast shipping to North America (2-4 business days), good prices, no customs fees, freebie offer, and they usually have what I want in stock (if not I just place a hold).

Psyshop: non-existent customer service, slow shipping to North America, higher prices, customs fees, no specials, and I don't even bother to check if they have what I want because of the foregoing facts.

The choice is obvious. I highly recommend Saikosounds for all buyers in North America. For Europeans, why not try out Wirikuta? I found them great to deal with as well.

For Europeans, why not try out Wirikuta? I found them great to deal with as well.

They have excellent customer service at Wirikuta, but I find that stuff takes a fair while to arrive.

They have excellent customer service at Wirikuta, but I find that stuff takes a fair while to arrive.

I find them a bit too expensive as well... and yes a bit slow postal service (maybe because of all them stepp mountains?)

I usually use psyshop when in Europe, also had (or my friend had) a bad experience with the danish costumes when ordering big loads from saiko... had to pay almost 60E to get his 10-12 CDs :(

but I have ordered 1 or 2 CDs at the time and no problem...

ED:

But there are other good alternatives as well Beatspace for instance... or psy-harmonics :)

I use both. Psyshop seems to get new stuff quite a bit before Saiko gets them. This is Psyshop's main advantage that I can see.

Shipping from both is fast to the US. Shipping is similar in cost for both companies. CD cost is similar as well.

Saiko has a great "add to wantlist" feature. Saiko is VERY friendly in any communications I have had with them. Saiko also offers a freebie CD (choose from a list of many options) when you spend $100 or more. Saiko seems more "flexible" to special circumstances than Psyshop.

Psyshop could work on their communication, as it is severely lacking, sometimes even rude.

Both companies will toss in stickers, magazines, etc.

I'm using both and I've never experienced any problem with either shop. I usualy decide after taking a look at their stock. Saiko has more old releases and sometimes you can find real gems there (I got the A Party is for Life, not just for X-mas from them) when you put them on your want list.

its been a while since I bought some cd, but I bought mostly in saikosounds, sometimes in psyshop, and sometimes chill music in backroadsmusic..

in terms of deliver speed and price, psyshop and saikosounds were similar to me, but saikosounds´ very good costumer service, readyness to answer emails and freebies once in a while (stickers and stuff) made it a more attractive place to buy.. psyshop is effective but they got a bad attitude imo...

From the West Coast of Canada - Saikosounds wins for me hands down. They have great customer service and I've generally had very fast delivery of music I order. They have a bigger selection, and the four minute music samples are great when I'm shopping.

I ordered from Psyshop only one time. Delivery took a very long time, and the CD was defective when it arrived. It wasn't Psyshop's fault, but the customer service was lacking and it became so frustrating to return the CD that I ended up eating the price and ordering a replacement from Saikosounds.

Both are great for ordering psytrance, downtempo, chillout, and some Goa.

Maybe Saikosounds comes a bit faster but both average 1-2 weeks for me. Psyshop's in Germany and SaikoSounds is in Honk Kong I believe. Customer service seems more receptive from saikosounds.

Not to sound cheap but Psyshop and Saikosounds nearly dominate the PSY online market it seems. Both should have specials more often. Saiko has many items on sale but few are worth ordering in my opinion. For example, here's my definition of quantity over quality.

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/full_specials.asp

And Psyshop needs to update their freekin "stock section" on the mid-left of their home page. The majority of them have been there for years with few additions.

Don't forget about amazon.co.uk. And amazon. Once in a while some of the best stuff pops up there for a more reasonable price than anything you're likely to find on saikosounds or psyshop.

When I lived in the US Saiko was significantly faster in the shipping department (3 days versus about 9 for Psyshop), but for me the deciding point was customer service. Saiko has excellent customer service, With Psyshop I wouldn't know because in also seven years, they have never answered a single email I have sent them, both as a customer and as a label representative. :(

Exactly my thoughts. It's just a warmer experience. Plus, Psyshop smells a little of Chemical Crew.

Fuck both.

Beatspace

http://www.beatspace.com

They are located in Italy, reasonable prices.

Excellent customer service - the dude got msn and you can actually talk to him. Very flexible, I once paid half of the price in $ and the other half in € (paypal stuff :P) and it was just fine.

Shipping is super fast. One time an order arrived in 3 (!!!!) days. Italy to Israel. Amazing.

I see no reason to buy at any other shop. Really.

Saikosounds for me

They have a better selection, better prices, are quicker (to Japan) & don't label every non fullon release as ambient. They also have great customer service & replaced a CD that got lost in the mail with no questions asked :D