Chi-ad ripped off

Anoebis

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

i said it many years ago - all music should be free and distributed over the internet ( probably via P2P such as torrents )

and the artists should be supported by donations ( such as pay-pal ) on their official website

also every artist should have a store on their official website so you would have a choice of making a donation or buying something ( like a T-Shirt ) to support the artist

give it another 10 - 20 years and everybody will come to the same conclusion ... i am always ahead of the times

i said it many years ago - all music should be free and distributed over the internet ( probably via P2P such as torrents )

and the artists should be supported by donations ( such as pay-pal ) on their official website

also every artist should have a store on their official website so you would have a choice of making a donation or buying something ( like a T-Shirt ) to support the artist

give it another 10 - 20 years and everybody will come to the same conclusion ... i am always ahead of the times

WOW ! :wank: :clapping:

you cant stop progress

if you try to fight technology you can only hurt yourself

internet is not going anywhere

if almost everybody i know uses a stolen copy of microsoft windows ( a product backed by multi-billion-dollar corporation ) then you can bet your ass that any underground artist will never be able to prevent his music from getting stolen

um its not that terreble for psy music lovers that Daves tracks was released on a comp

the thing that even psy scene is full of asholes , viliants and mean ppl , this is totally fucked up

nothing is ideal in this shitty world for sure

Looks like Metaphysic records guys were way ahead of their time :lol:

While I certainly agree that freely distributed music is on the rise (just look at what I am doing with my site), I highly doubt an artist could get by on donation alone... from what I know, for any free service for which there is a donation option, you're looking at something like a 1000:1 consumer/donor ratio. Rather poor, in other words. Merchandise is another matter; that's physical. I think that consumers are far more likely to continue buying physical products (including CDs!) than donate, but this is not incompatible with the free music paradigm. For example, I have had many requests through my site for CD versions of the free albums (and this is something cool I am working to provide in the future). Perhaps the other fact you overlook is that few artists have official web sites, and almost none of them are anything approaching web 2.0 (i.e. to capitalize on social networking habits). I see a lot of potential in the future, but I think that there will always be a chunk of work that no artist is going to want to bother with (cover design, packaging, hosting, distribution, and other tasks in the digital domain). But hey, that's where I fit in :)

Oh, and how do the deserving artists put bread on the table? Since time immemorial, musicians have paid the bills by playing live gigs. The advent of recording media in the early part of the 20th century upset this tradition (in fact, there was a huge backlash against recorded media when it first emerged--it would not be untoward to say that the mere existence of recorded media was the big issue of those days just as music piracy is the big issue of ours). Now it is all turning over again, and musicians must be willing to work gigs to pay the bills. Considering that most acts charge anywhere from 1000 to 3000+ for a set, that's not such a shabby deal. Years ago, the band went on tour to support their new album... nowadays, the new album promotes the tour. With that fact in mind, freely distributing an album makes a great deal of sense.

meh, i will never buy MP3's.

it's just a bunch of bites... It's like buying the holes in a peice of cheese. Doesn't make any sense.

You can loose an mp3 very easily and a CD-R breaks faster than a CD.

The problem with these kind of fuck up situations like chi-ad experienced is not the way it's sold.

It's the general mentality of the people (in this scene and more general, the fucked world).

no respect, hippie shit,

I don't want these hippies to start up internet stores, no thanks, i can see where that's going, ever more fraud, it's even easier to sell downloaded MP3's in crappy quality.

Looks like Metaphysic records guys were way ahead of their time :lol:

they arent as big and as experienced to pull it all that simple ;)

but people keep doing it, perhaps no one of those who offer free music will keep their services for longer than couple of months or years, but they will show the way and others in future when it will finally become viable to give your music away for free might take lessons from the past ;)

they arent as big and as experienced to pull it all that simple ;)

but people keep doing it, perhaps no one of those who offer free music will keep their services for longer than couple of months or years, but they will show the way and others in future when it will finally become viable to give your music away for free might take lessons from the past ;)

My comment was not about free music..It was about making money off of donations...

Although I think there will be a lot more freely distributed music in the future, I hope it wont be the only form of music. I still want something physical! MP3s are for pussies :P

Although I think there will be a lot more freely distributed music in the future, I hope it wont be the only form of music. I still want something physical! MP3s are for pussies :P

+1

(major pussies) :lol:

• 2 years later...

wavs/flacs are for them tough guys n girls B)

wave and flac sucks , there nothing can be compared with hi quality production released on cd ( not cd -r )

and againg , y dont u made a proposition to keep all Daves rights on his music ? he seem like failed it to make it on his own , it might be a friendship support request , not a bizzness deal thou

like come on Dave , dont feel like anything got fucked up , we will take it now on , all the legal rights and stuff , with releasing ya music on diff comps or entire albums

and againg , y dont u made a proposition to keep all Daves rights on his music ? he seem like failed it to make it on his own , it might be a friendship support request , not a bizzness deal thou

like come on Dave , dont feel like anything got fucked up , we will take it now on , all the legal rights and stuff , with releasing ya music on diff comps or entire albums

i can't even figure what he is talkig about ;)

Yeah so, avoid this label if you want to get payed for your music. I don't have a problem putting out something for free every now and then since that is practically what you are doing even if you get some kind of $, but its just not professional to say you will pay X amount, and then ignore any communication attempts from the artist once you try to bring it up. Kagdila is a business, it has other people compile the CDs and does not deal directly with the artists. Shu ki can be very transparent this way.