Chi-ad ripped off

Anoebis

this is a pretty serious topic, about something we hear way too often in the psychedelic scene these days... Dodgy contact, lousy payers, and drugged up managers...

So, as everyone knows Chi-ad released 2 tracks on the Pure Planet compilation, unfortunately... He didn't even know about untill I said congratulations to him about that release!

So what happened? His former manager and partner in crime is selling his music to labels, without permission of Dave Young himself! That's exactly what happened with Pure Planet 2... Dave Young didn't know about the release AT ALL...

Because of that he is feeling more and more bad about the scene (he had several experiences like this before), so let's all try to spread the word so it won't happen again! If you want to release Chi-ad, please contact him (Dave Young) personally instead of someone else...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is totally fucked up (excuse my French)!!!

Takes away the novelty from owning the CD...

well, I don't think you can blame Kagdila for this, I guess they were simply fooled by someone... And the cd doesn't lose it's novelty I hope, because Afgin etc knew about it, don't worry :D But I think it's interesting to know... We here many questions here like "why is everybody producing other music", because of this kind of stuff ;)

well, I don't think you can blame Kagdila for this, I guess they were simply fooled by someone... And the cd doesn't lose it's novelty I hope, because Afgin etc knew about it, don't worry :D But I think it's interesting to know... We here many questions here like "why is everybody producing other music", because of this kind of stuff ;)

Good to know they did not know. I have always liked Kagdila for their diverse releases. I think that they are one of the better labels out there...

damm he has had some bad luck over the years

maybee someone should release earth crossing 'hint hint'

suntrip maybe.........

i will by 5 if you do just to support you and one of the best artists ever

or maybe he could ask venom to start using synths again

total shit

but he will bounce back better than ever

That's sad.

It's also unethical and wrong.

The artist of Chi-A.D. should sue who ever is responsible for selling his songs to other companies without his permission unless He, the artist of Chi-.AD. in this case gave written permission for this to take place. What happened here (A record label releasing an artists songs on a comp without the artists permission but someone related to the artist) is taking place outside the initial label associated to the artist through written agreement. Meaning, this is a potential law suite I'd imagine.

For example, if X produces you through his label, X has an agreement. It's unofficial. You sign a contract that gives permission to X to make it official and use your work. If X sells your material to someone else he or she has no longer abided by that agreement, contract. Was this included in the contract at some time is the question which will or will not give ammunition for legal battle.

No artist is bound to a label for life unless they sign such a form, allegedly, and even then there are legal ways to fight and win such lengthy write ups, contracts. However I know of no contract or artist who has ever signed such a thing if even they've existed before.

Throughout this artists life, Mr. Young has been taken advantage of as if bound by some contract, in this case, that says his songs can be released on various musical works at any time. If he seems bound to any contract in this lifetime, it's bad karma. And since you can't sue spirites as a spirit to my awareness then let me reiterate:

Law suite. Or just take the hit and move on. Make a wonderful song or an album and release it individually to a label you can trust, like Suntrip. :)

PS: A kind hearted, trustworthy producer and/or label should release the Earth Crossing album not only because it's excellent, but to take it out of the hands of those who abuse their power or think they have power over other people.

Some people are just shit!

They will take any liberty to further their own life without ever thinking about who they hurt!

This CUNT STAIN (yes that's what he is) knows that people in this scene don't have enough money for expensive lawsuits & probably sees this as having no negative consequences for himself.

Lets just hope enough people learn of this & never do business or even talk to him again! Then he will learn that everything has consequences.

Guest The Journey Man Project

problem is, a law suit costs lots of money, especially if it is international... and whlst it is often nice to think you will get persoanl satisfaction, sometimes the best revenge is just to bounce back... wouldn;t it be more awesome for Dave to release a new album and outsell this release?

that is fucked up indeed :blink:

i hope dave chi-ad will get somehow over this, less or more positive way <_< isnt there nothing he can do about it?

well, I still hope Dave doesn't get disappointed in the normal goatrance people and still wants to do LIVES in the future!!! really hope that...please Dave!!! :)

i wish earth crossing could be released as an album on cd, excluding all that enviromental question about cd's and their impact on enviroment and impact of production of components for cd's, it would be great :rolleyes:

But this really is sad what's hapenning... I'd get so pissed off I was Chiad, I'd most likely go that managers house and kick his f*ckin ass.

Ah yeah ... and soon we'll have pictures of label owners posing with their guns and saying "try to get your money and I'll shoot you in the head" ... "PLUR" psytrance scene of now has become as rude as the blackmetal scene meanwhile...

Ah yeah ... and soon we'll have pictures of label owners posing with their guns and saying "try to get your money and I'll shoot you in the head" ... "PLUR" psytrance scene of now has become as rude as the blackmetal scene meanwhile...

well, it has always been like that, his stories of dodgy managers etc are endless and start in 1995 :P

Drug-addiction + an easy way of earning money = fraud ;)

Some people are just shit!

They will take any liberty to further their own life without ever thinking about who they hurt!

This CUNT STAIN (yes that's what he is) knows that people in this scene don't have enough money for expensive lawsuits & probably sees this as having no negative consequences for himself.

Lets just hope enough people learn of this & never do business or even talk to him again! Then he will learn that everything has consequences.

+1

The fucker.

Guest The Journey Man Project

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that anothe label who does this, and is becoming infamous for it, is Yellow Sunshine Explosion... Tim Sensient's Zenon label recently had a track from the Sahdow FX album released by YSE illegally... please do not support his label buy purchasing their cd's...

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that anothe label who does this, and is becoming infamous for it, is Yellow Sunshine Explosion... Tim Sensient's Zenon label recently had a track from the Sahdow FX album released by YSE illegally... please do not support his label buy purchasing their cd's...

Sorry man, but didn't you used to own like a whole chunck of their back-catalogue?

Shoot me if I'm wrong ;)

yeah, read about this one that they distributed other label releases without permission and paying no money to label itself :D

Yep and still doing so... must be so frustrating for the people who got caught in this scam!

That's sad.

It's also unethical and wrong.

The artist of Chi-A.D. should sue who ever is responsible for selling his songs to other companies without his permission unless He, the artist of Chi-.AD. in this case gave written permission for this to take place. What happened here (A record label releasing an artists songs on a comp without the artists permission but someone related to the artist) is taking place outside the initial label associated to the artist through written agreement. Meaning, this is a potential law suite I'd imagine.

For example, if X produces you through his label, X has an agreement. It's unofficial. You sign a contract that gives permission to X to make it official and use your work. If X sells your material to someone else he or she has no longer abided by that agreement, contract. Was this included in the contract at some time is the question which will or will not give ammunition for legal battle.

No artist is bound to a label for life unless they sign such a form, allegedly, and even then there are legal ways to fight and win such lengthy write ups, contracts. However I know of no contract or artist who has ever signed such a thing if even they've existed before.

Throughout this artists life, Mr. Young has been taken advantage of as if bound by some contract, in this case, that says his songs can be released on various musical works at any time. If he seems bound to any contract in this lifetime, it's bad karma. And since you can't sue spirites as a spirit to my awareness then let me reiterate:

Law suite. Or just take the hit and move on. Make a wonderful song or an album and release it individually to a label you can trust, like Suntrip. :)

PS: A kind hearted, trustworthy producer and/or label should release the Earth Crossing album not only because it's excellent, but to take it out of the hands of those who abuse their power or think they have power over other people.

i believe the universe will sort this problem out for chi-ad. he will bounce back please never give up on writing music because of arseholes. your an amazing artist.

that suck in all ways, not only in goa but just common,

to bad it happened to chi ad, long time since we haired some fresh music from this artist,

hope it doesn't get him unmotivated...

may i just say i believe that chi-ad wil bounce back if he has the support from his followers.