POLYPLOID - Grow Your Own (Chill Tribe Records 2007)

Posted Image

Polyploid - Grow Your Own (CTRCD05) Chill Tribe Records 2007

Release date: August 2007

1. Polyploid – Space Boxing

2. Polyploid – Unlimited Weapons

3. Polyploid – Nought Ark

4. Bunker Din – A Pocket Epic

5. Polyploid vs. Deviant Electronics – Salmon Shandy

6. Polyploid – Bishop’s Song

7. Polyploid vs. Deviant Electronics – Trick Dust

8. Polyploid – Triumph Of Reason

9. Missed Cannon – Three-Quarter Tortoise

10. Polyploid – Just Pray

11. Polyploid – Wishful Thinking

Chris Gannon from the UK is back with a new album, this time exploring the chilled side of break beats. Polyploid was a familiar name in the global Goa trance scene in the mid nineties, when he was releasing vinyls and an album (Touch Proof) on Intruder Records, besides tracks on compilations on various labels such as Mazzo, Kickin, Chaos Unlimited and Polygram. He also had a few side projects such as Immobilon and Slender Fungus, besides running Helix Records. In this period he also made several groups with Ciaran Walsh, most known as Deviant Electronics, who has participated on three of the tracks on this album. They were releasing music as MOK Systems, Breach Of Space and Bunker Din on Symbiosis Records and M.E.L.T. On this album he serves eleven refreshing tracks with beautiful melodies, experimental sound pictures, break beats and ambient, including tons of creativity. Also noticable is his collaborations with Deviant Electronics, including one track where we get percussion by South African musician Mabi Thobejane, known from Amampondo and Juno Reactor.

All the profits from this album will go to the Blessed Comfort Center boys and girls Orphanage in Arusha, Tanzania, to help children with HIV and aids.

Check out the Chill Tribe sites for more info soon:

http://www.myspace.com/chilltriberecords

http://www.chilltriberecords.com

Oh man! The samples at myspace sound great -

There are no samples except for on his myspace site yet (but be aware that only two of the tracks that are on his myspace site now will be on the album...)

Anyway, before the shops get samples, it will appear here, probably within the next few days:

http://arabesque.co.uk//index.php?option=c...0&Itemid=20

I love the combination of d&b and chill

Yes, I love it too... :clapping: Good to get some Deviant Electronics / Polyploid /Blue Room Released sound out there again...

:posford:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there. Do we have to buy it from a certain site in order for proceeds go to the Blessed Comfort Center boys and girls Orphanage? Or, can we buy it at any of the big Internet shops and still have a donation made to the charity?

Thanks!

Hi!

Thanks for caring! YES, you support the Blessed Comfort Center boys and girls Orphanage by buying from the big internet shops too (no downloading available though..). All the shops buy from the same distributor...

Thanks for the support!

Hey there. Do we have to buy it from a certain site in order for proceeds go to the Blessed Comfort Center boys and girls Orphanage? Or, can we buy it at any of the big Internet shops and still have a donation made to the charity?

Thanks!

Sounds damn good! Must get this.

Any chance of a new Deviant Electronics album?

Probably not in the near future. He works with making music for video games. He has made music for Prisoners Of War, Battalion Wars (Nintendo), SingStar Rocks etc. People need food on the table... which releasing albums doesn't bring (at least not in this scene, judging by the sales statements I receive...) So for now, enjoy what you get on the Polyploid album :posford: It's a bit sad really, that people don't buy this kind of music anymore, since I use a lot of time, money and energy to to get it out...

Chill Tribe releases is like something everybody "has", but almost no one bought... :angry:

Any rich people out there who enjoy what Chill Tribe do and would like to sponsor us? Please take contact so we can fill the pool with more quality stuff.... :drama: I usually don't hang out where the champain and cigars are flowing, so I rarely meet those dollar smiles out there.... I will play the lottery AGAIN, tomorrow. Who knows.... :rolleyes:

Probably not in the near future. He works with making music for video games. He has made music for Prisoners Of War, Battalion Wars (Nintendo), SingStar Rocks etc. People need food on the table... which releasing albums doesn't bring (at least not in this scene, judging by the sales statements I receive...) So for now, enjoy what you get on the Polyploid album :posford: It's a bit sad really, that people don't buy this kind of music anymore, since I use a lot of time, money and energy to to get it out...

Chill Tribe releases is like something everybody "has", but almost no one bought... :angry:

Any rich people out there who enjoy what Chill Tribe do and would like to sponsor us? Please take contact so we can fill the pool with more quality stuff.... :drama: I usually don't hang out where the champain and cigars are flowing, so I rarely meet those dollar smiles out there.... I will play the lottery AGAIN, tomorrow. Who knows.... :rolleyes:

Damn! I enjoy his albums so much.

Will for sure buy the Polyploid album. And I would buy more of that kind of music if it was out there. Where is it?

And I would buy more of that kind of music if it was out there. Where is it?

It got killed by a guy named Pirate Mp3s.... Last time is saw it, it drowned slowly into a soup of melodic full on and copy paste music, but Chill Tribe managed to get a couple of drops of it into it's "bottle" (discography)...., before it disappeared completly... :blink:

Anyway, I'm glad some of you still support! Thanks for a good taste and support Insejn!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...